RemedySpot.com

waterproofing compound

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Im dealing with a building that used creosote (a coal tar compound) as waterproofing under the floor of shower room and kitchen. I'm also told that it has been used to line the

interior behind the brickwork. Has anyone ever heard of using creosite or coal tar inside buidlings? Or know of a good source to ask about this application; particularly how widespread is the use indoors?

From: iequality [iequality ] on behalf of Lloyd C Cummins [lloyd@...]

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 4:12 PM

To: iequality

Subject: Re: How to rid home of ants w/o using chemicals

This is not my specialty but there are a number of products in which the active ingredient is borax. The borax is in a sugar solution and the ants eat the solution and take it back to the nest. It

takes some time but eventually the colony should be wiped out. It is unlikely this solution would be a problem for you. I have used it in Florida with some success.

Lloyd

Lloyd Cummins

lcummins@...

519 767-2527

To: iequality

Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2012 12:19:22 PM

Subject: How to rid home of ants w/o using chemicals

I don't know if this is the right forum for this kind of problem but I am going to ask anyway:

We have a kitchen full of ants and I'm chemically sensitive and can't use commercial pesticides or cleaners containing chemicals. Does anyone have a suggestion of what safe methods are available to get rid of the ants? They live under the slab of the

house and the Vegas heat is causing them to enter thru the kitchen. I've tried coffee grounds, cayenne pepper and other natural means which work somewhat but aren't enough to combat all the ants. I spoke to a pest control co. who suggested I try Combat Gel

because it isn't a spray. When I told them I was chemically sensitive they refused to come to the house and spray which I guess is a good thing for the ants. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Carol