RemedySpot.com

vikame and tear gas used in termite fumigation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Has anybody experiance with human respirtory complaints after their home has been tented and fumigated with vikame (trade name) and tear gas (chloropickeran or something like that) for termite mitigation. I was very surprised to read in the client authorization agreement from fumigation company that all non-porous items such as bedding and sofas must not be covered. Also shocked to read that it states that no cleaning of surfaces or dishware was needed after fumigation. The homeowners were allowed back in the house approx 6 hours after fumigation. Returned home and all windows were found closed. At least four occupants complained of itchy, burning eyes and shortness of breath. The three teenage occupants state that their symptoms

ceased after one day, but mothers symptoms persist. They state that for a time after fumigation they noticed strange odors when sitting in cloth sofa and from bedding. Is this normal in the fumigation business to expose porous items, including fiberglass air ducts to these hazardous chemicals? I know I may have open a flood gate of responses with this question......I see tarps on buildings everywhere in Florida. I was told by homeowner that termites were found in a limited portion of house. Is there not a better solution than chemical mayhem or if the chemical are necessary should there not be more care with protecting HVAC system, carpeting and other absorbant items in house. Sherry