RemedySpot.com

Re: what would you do?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would certainly pre-medicate. An ounce of prevention . . . . .

When you say that you are on the water, I am guessing that it's on a boat and you would not be able to return to your if needed. Me -- I'd take the nebulizer. Better that than to end everyone's night early by having to return to shore so I could treat myself or take a quick drive to a local emergency room. I don't know about you, but the cold is not a consistant trigger for me. I can walk out of my house with temps below zero and not have a problem. The next day, we may be in the upper 20's and it will hit me like a ton of bricks.

Best of luck to you. I hope that things go so well that you just have a wonderful evening and don't have a thing to worry about.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 2:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

Dh's Christmas gala is tomorrow night on the water and it's already below freezing tonight. We leave early in the am to eat breakfast at the same Cracker barrell we had Thanksgiving at then to hit the outlets, A few years ago I took my nebulizer IN to the Gala with me in a bag and put it under our table, didn't need it until we got back to the hotel. It was soo cold and windy and snowing then. They are calling for the same weather for tomorrow night. Would you just premedicate and hang on tight to the rescue inhaler and Xanax? Or take the machine in? I have packed all my scarfs so that no cold air leaks through lol so I'm hoping to NOT have any problems but would love to have your advise.

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

Better to be safe then sorry. Just take it and you probably won't need it. If you don't take it, you probably will need it. Have fun

Cheryl Burton ncicheryl@...

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 3:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

Dh's Christmas gala is tomorrow night on the water and it's already below freezing tonight. We leave early in the am to eat breakfast at the same Cracker barrell we had Thanksgiving at then to hit the outlets, A few years ago I took my nebulizer IN to the Gala with me in a bag and put it under our table, didn't need it until we got back to the hotel. It was soo cold and windy and snowing then. They are calling for the same weather for tomorrow night. Would you just premedicate and hang on tight to the rescue inhaler and Xanax? Or take the machine in? I have packed all my scarfs so that no cold air leaks through lol so I'm hoping to NOT have any problems but would love to have your advise.

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

That's what dh said.

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Cheryl BurtonSent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:08 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: what would you do?

Better to be safe then sorry. Just take it and you probably won't need it. If you don't take it, you probably will need it. Have fun

Cheryl Burton ncicheryl

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 3:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

I would take it myself, i would rather have it and not need it than not to have it and need it. have fun tho ok!

CAROL CARUSO

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 3:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

Thanks Mike and it's not on a boat it's at a Country Club on the Bay

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:03 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: what would you do?

When you say that you are on the water, I am guessing that it's on a boat and you would not be able to return to your if needed. Me -- I'd take the nebulizer. Better that than to end everyone's night early by having to return to shore so I could treat myself or take a quick drive to a local emergency room. I don't know about you, but the cold is not a consistant trigger for me. I can walk out of my house with temps below zero and not have a problem. The next day, we may be in the upper 20's and it will hit me like a ton of bricks.

Best of luck to you. I hope that things go so well that you just have a wonderful evening and don't have a thing to worry about.

Mike

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 2:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

even better! just leave it in the car until it's needed. i've thought about getting a power converter at home depot so i can plug my nebulizer into the power port in the car. i have the privacy and convenience of my car and the treatment i need when i need it.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:13:35 PMSubject: RE: what would you do?

Thanks Mike and it's not on a boat it's at a Country Club on the Bay

From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:03 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: what would you do?

Mike

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Friday, December 5, 2008 2:55:52 PMSubject: what would you do?

That's a great idea. You may want to check prices on Amazon as well.

We have a Black & Decker that we bought for the same purpose before I

got a battery powered portable. We paid about $30 for it. Did a

great job.

Madeline

>

> even better!  just leave it in the car until it's needed.  i've

thought about getting a power converter at home depot so i can plug my

nebulizer into the power port in the car.  i have the privacy and

convenience of my car and the treatment i need when i need it.

>

> Mike

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> To: asthma

> Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 4:13:35 PM

> Subject: RE: what would you do?

>

>

> Thanks Mike and it's not on a boat it's at a Country Club on the Bay

>

> Terry

> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish

that He didn't trust me so much.  ~Mother

> Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program

> Established August of 1992

>

>

>

>

> From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On

Behalf Of McBride

> Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:03 PM

> To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com

> Subject: Re: what would you do?

>

>

> I would certainly pre-medicate.  An ounce of prevention . . . . .

>

> When you say that you are on the water, I am guessing that it's on a

boat and you would not be able to return to your if needed.  Me -- I'd

take the nebulizer.  Better that than to end everyone's night early by

having to return to shore so I could treat myself or take a quick

drive to a local emergency room.  I don't know about you, but the cold

is not a consistant trigger for me.  I can walk out of my house with

temps below zero and not have a problem.  The next day, we may be in

the upper 20's and it will hit me like a ton of bricks.

>

> Best of luck to you.  I hope that things go so well that you just

have a wonderful evening and don't have a thing to worry about.

>

> Mike

>

>

>

>

> From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>

> To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com

> Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 2:55:52 PM

> Subject: what would you do?

>

>

> Dh's Christmas gala is tomorrow night on the water and it's already

below freezing tonight. We leave early in the am to eat breakfast at

the same Cracker barrell we had Thanksgiving at then to hit the

outlets, A few years ago I took my nebulizer IN to the Gala with me in

a bag and put it under our table, didn't need it until we got back to

the hotel. It was soo cold and windy and snowing then. They are

calling for the same weather for tomorrow night. Would you just

premedicate and hang on tight to the rescue inhaler and Xanax? Or take

the machine in? I have packed all my scarfs so that no cold air leaks

through lol so I'm hoping to NOT have any problems but would love to

have your advise.

> Terry

> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle.  I just wish

that He didn't trust me so much.  ~Mother

>

>

> Dh's Christmas gala is tomorrow night on the water and it's already

below

> freezing tonight. We leave early in the am to eat breakfast at the

same

> Cracker barrell we had Thanksgiving at then to hit the outlets, A

few years

> ago I took my nebulizer IN to the Gala with me in a bag and put it

under our

> table, didn't need it until we got back to the hotel. It was soo

cold and

> windy and snowing then. They are calling for the same weather for

tomorrow

> night. Would you just premedicate and hang on tight to the rescue

inhaler

> and Xanax? Or take the machine in? I have packed all my scarfs so

that no

> cold air leaks through lol so I'm hoping to NOT have any problems

but would

> love to have your advise.

>

> Terry

> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish

that He

> didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

>

Hi Terry:

I would take the Nebulizer with me, and use my Peak Flow Meter to mon-

itor my condition. Then you could respond with any medication as need-

ed to control your symptoms or even an attack. In case of attack re-

move yourself from the trigger ASAP, even if it means leaving where-

ever you are and stopping what you are doing. Better to avoid hospit-

alization and suffer social discomfort instead.

Take care,