RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: sinus infections - Natural remedy's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a sinus infection I am/was hard as a rock, I am on antibiotics and yuck I can feel the rawness and my asthma twitching as it breaks down, the doctors treat them as an emergency for asthma patients it is really important because it can lead to a lung infection if not properly taken care of and you don't want that. Additionally, I get dizzy so I know something is lurking a good sign to go to sleep!

Subject: Re: sinus infections - Natural remedy'sTo: asthma Date: Monday, December 8, 2008, 6:04 AM

I know that using a Nettie pot (which you can pick up at any majorpharmacy) will clean out your sinuses, and using a mixture of 2 tbspslocal honey and 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar daily will prevent sinusissues related to seasonal allergies. However, if you truly have aninfection (thick yellow/green colored mucus or higher than normaltemps) you really need to call your doc. I know with my doctor I canusually call him when I know that it is an infection and he will callin a script for me (I do have a long-standing close dr/patientrelationship with him though.) Especially with asthma. A sinusinfection can cause flare ups with your asthma. Sorry I couldn't bemore help.Madeline>> HI group,> I think i have a sinus infection.

What natural remedy's have you > tried? > > I have asthma and it's getting worse.> > Advice welcome> > Becky in ks>

Being the smart ass dumb blonde I am, what do you do with this stuff? Stuff it up your nose or consume it?

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of sea_girl111Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:19 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: sinus infections - Natural remedy's

Garlic -Garlic is one of the best infection fighters available for both bacterial and viral infections. It is a natural antibiotic that does not appear to create resistant bacteria strains. In addition, fresh garlic extract has been shown to be virucidal to many viruses.Garlic possesses the ability to stimulate the immune system.It can stimulate the activity of the macrophages (white blood cells), which engulf foreign organisms, such as: viruses, bacteria, and yeast.Furthermore, garlic increases the activity of the T-helper cells (immune cells which are central to the activity of the entire immune system). Garlic may be particularly effective in treating upper respiratory viral infections due to its immune-enhancing properties and its ability to clear mucous from the lungs.It destroys and/or inhibits various bacteria and fungi, with an antibacterial action equivalent to 1% penicillin.Garlic is effective against strep, staph, and even anthrax bacteria.Onion -Everything that's been said about Garlic can be said about onion. Onions and garlic share many of the same powerful sulfur bearing compounds that work so effectively as anti-viral and anti-bacterial agents.Ginger -Ginger has been traditionally used to treat colds and flu.Chinese studies have shown that ginger helps kill influenza viruses (even avian flu), and an Indian report shows that it increases the immune system's ability to fight infection.Olive Leaf Extract -Olive leaf extract has a long history of being used against illnesses in which microorganisms play a major role. In more recent years, a drug company discovered that in vitro (in a test tube), an extract from olive leaf (calcium elenolate) was effective in eliminating a very broad range of organisms, including bacteria, viruses, parasites, and yeast/mold/fungus.Oil of Wild Mountain Oregano -Numerous studies have shown wild mountain oregano oil (not to be confused with the oregano found in your kitchen) to be a potent antimicrobial. It has been proven useful as an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal agent rivaling even pharmaceutical antibiotics such as streptomycin, penicillin, vacnomycin, nystatin, and amphotericin in its ability to eliminate microbes. Remarkably it accomplishes this without promoting the development of drug resistant strains and other problems often attributed to the use of standard antibiotics.In addition to this already impressive list of abilities Oregano Oil is also a powerful parasitic expellant.Grapefruit Seed Extract -Grapefruit seed extract was originally developed as an antiparasitic, but studies quickly showed that it had the ability to inhibit the growth of not only parasites, but fungi, viruses, and bacteria as well. The active ingredients of grapefruit seed extract are non-toxic and are synthesized from the seed and pulp of certified organically grown grapefruit. The process converts the grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) into an extremely potent compound that is being used to kill strep, staph, salmonella, E. Coli, candida, herpes, influenza, parasites, fungi, and more.http://www.jonbarron.org/strong-immunity-program/07-06-2007.phpAlana--- In asthma , M G wrote:>> I have a sinus infection

With the garlic, there was a thing on BBC breakfast news this morning about natural remedies for colds etc.Squash heated up, rather than served cold, is v good, as is garlic crushed, boiled, the water strained to remove the bits of garlic and then drunk. They also joked that it would prevent the cold from spreading, as no-one would go near you!!

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Subject: Re: sinus infections - Natural remedy'sTo: asthma Date: Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, 1:18 PM

Garlic -

Garlic is one of the best infection fighters available for both bacterial and viral infections. It is a natural antibiotic that does not appear to create resistant bacteria strains. In addition, fresh garlic extract has been shown to be virucidal to many viruses.

Garlic possesses the ability to stimulate the immune system.

It can stimulate the activity of the macrophages (white blood cells), which engulf foreign organisms, such as: viruses, bacteria, and yeast.

Furthermore, garlic increases the activity of the T-helper cells (immune cells which are central to the activity of the entire immune system). Garlic may be particularly effective in treating upper respiratory viral infections due to its immune-enhancing properties and its ability to clear mucous from the lungs.

It destroys and/or inhibits various bacteria and fungi, with an antibacterial action equivalent to 1% penicillin.

Garlic is effective against strep, staph, and even anthrax bacteria.

Onion -

Everything that's been said about Garlic can be said about onion. Onions and garlic share many of the same powerful sulfur bearing compounds that work so effectively as anti-viral and anti-bacterial agents.

Ginger -

Ginger has been traditionally used to treat colds and flu.

Chinese studies have shown that ginger helps kill influenza viruses (even avian flu), and an Indian report shows that it increases the immune system's ability to fight infection.

Olive Leaf Extract -

Olive leaf extract has a long history of being used against illnesses in which microorganisms play a major role. In more recent years, a drug company discovered that in vitro (in a test tube), an extract from olive leaf (calcium elenolate) was effective in eliminating a very broad range of organisms, including bacteria, viruses, parasites, and yeast/mold/fungus.

Oil of Wild Mountain Oregano -

Numerous studies have shown wild mountain oregano oil (not to be confused with the oregano found in your kitchen) to be a potent antimicrobial. It has been proven useful as an antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal agent rivaling even pharmaceutical antibiotics such as streptomycin, penicillin, vacnomycin, nystatin, and amphotericin in its ability to eliminate microbes. Remarkably it accomplishes this without promoting the development of drug resistant strains and other problems often attributed to the use of standard antibiotics.

In addition to this already impressive list of abilities Oregano Oil is also a powerful parasitic expellant.

Grapefruit Seed Extract -

Grapefruit seed extract was originally developed as an antiparasitic, but studies quickly showed that it had the ability to inhibit the growth of not only parasites, but fungi, viruses, and bacteria as well. The active ingredients of grapefruit seed extract are non-toxic and are synthesized from the seed and pulp of certified organically grown grapefruit. The process converts the grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) into an extremely potent compound that is being used to kill strep, staph, salmonella, E. Coli, candida, herpes, influenza, parasites, fungi, and more.

http://www.jonbarron.org/strong-immunity-program/07-06-2007.php

Alana

>

> I have a sinus infection ------------------------------------