RemedySpot.com

Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Charlene, I am almost 39 and I AM perimenopause and yes I'm tired alot I get up at 5am everyday, some night I can't sleep at all I sneak in a 30 minute nap while the kids are asleep during quiet time because they are all in the room with me, and that usually get's me through until about 8pm. I do feel very run down this time of year I believe it's from the air being colder and it's taking me more energy to breath in the cold air than any other time of year. My iron is fine so I don't take any but I do take vitamins Hope this helps

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Charlene BuggSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:01 AMTo: asthma Subject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

I'm 49, f, cauc, and get exhausted alot now that the coldermonths are coming on. Is it from my Asthma? Doc says myiron is good so that's not it. I refuse to take my steroidsunless I'm gasping for air. I do take my fomoteral and my emergency inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop having menstral cycles so I'll have more iron too. I take 360 mg of iron a day.Char

Hi Char,

Autoimmune disease is exhausting.

I am on a prescription high dose iron also -

not 360 though -

I think it's 150.

Alana

>

> I'm 49, f, cauc, and get exhausted alot now that the colder

> months are coming on. Is it from my Asthma? Doc says my

> iron is good so that's not it. I refuse to take my steroids

> unless I'm gasping for air. I do take my fomoteral and my emergency

> inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog

> gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop

having

> menstral cycles so I'll have more iron too. I take 360 mg of iron a

> day.

>

> Char

>

Sounds like you need to go on some daily maintenance steroids. Your asthma is not well controlled. Don't think that you just don't need your medicine because you don't want it.

Subject: Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?To: asthma Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:28 AM

Hi Char,Autoimmune disease is exhausting.I am on a prescription high dose iron also -not 360 though -I think it's 150.Alana>> I'm 49, f, cauc, and get exhausted alot now that the colder> months are coming on. Is it from my Asthma? Doc says my> iron is good so that's not it. I refuse to take my steroids> unless I'm gasping for air. I do take my fomoteral and my emergency > inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog > gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop having > menstral cycles so I'll have more iron too. I take 360 mg of iron a > day.> > Char>

50 and male here -- You just described my normal state. Part of mine is caused by apnea due to weight (only partly brought on by prednisone) and some of it is due to the dark. Depending on how far north you live, seasonal affective disorder may be playing a part. I am in Alaska and this is a huge issue here. Sun up at 9:45 and sets at 4:15 in my part of the state. 90+ "days" of night on the north shore of the state. Try getting outside and getting some sun into your eyes. It is a wonderful thing. I sometimes go tanning just to feel warm throughout. I am not looking to darken my skin, just triggering my bodies ability to absorb more vitamin D. Hope this helps.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:00:56 PMSubject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

I'm 49, f, cauc, and get exhausted alot now that the coldermonths are coming on. Is it from my Asthma? Doc says myiron is good so that's not it. I refuse to take my steroidsunless I'm gasping for air. I do take my fomoteral and my emergency inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop having menstral cycles so I'll have more iron too. I take 360 mg of iron a day.Char

Mike, Please be careful with the tanning, I have just this year had "16" areas of Basil Skin Cell Cancer removed from burning as a child, spending alot of time in the sun even with sun screen and also using the tanning bed. I can't caution you enough to be very careful. I don't want to see anyone else go through what I'm dealing with!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:47 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?

50 and male here -- You just described my normal state. Part of mine is caused by apnea due to weight (only partly brought on by prednisone) and some of it is due to the dark. Depending on how far north you live, seasonal affective disorder may be playing a part. I am in Alaska and this is a huge issue here. Sun up at 9:45 and sets at 4:15 in my part of the state. 90+ "days" of night on the north shore of the state. Try getting outside and getting some sun into your eyes. It is a wonderful thing. I sometimes go tanning just to feel warm throughout. I am not looking to darken my skin, just triggering my bodies ability to absorb more vitamin D. Hope this helps.

Mike

From: Charlene Bugg <adanaturkey8385webband>To: asthma Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:00:56 PMSubject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

I use to be like you I was always exhausted no energy. I " ve taken

various vitimans. With very little help. But the one I'm on now

gives me vitality, energy , I can't mentions brand names on the

board . but if you'd like to know or try it. email me.

becky.davis4jamming@... I " d be glad to share with you or anyone

with low energy. I " ve been there.

Becky

>

> Mike, Please be careful with the tanning, I have just this year

had " 16 "

> areas of Basil Skin Cell Cancer removed from burning as a child,

spending

> alot of time in the sun even with sun screen and also using the

tanning bed.

> I can't caution you enough to be very careful. I don't want to see

anyone

> else go through what I'm dealing with!

>

>

> Terry

> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish

that He

> didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

> Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program

> Established August of 1992

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On

Behalf Of

> McBride

> Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:47 AM

> To: asthma

> Subject: Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?

>

>

>

>

> 50 and male here -- You just described my normal state. Part of

mine is

> caused by apnea due to weight (only partly brought on by

prednisone) and

> some of it is due to the dark. Depending on how far north you live,

> seasonal affective disorder may be playing a part. I am in Alaska

and this

> is a huge issue here. Sun up at 9:45 and sets at 4:15 in my part

of the

> state. 90+ " days " of night on the north shore of the state. Try

getting

> outside and getting some sun into your eyes. It is a wonderful

thing. I

> sometimes go tanning just to feel warm throughout. I am not

looking to

> darken my skin, just triggering my bodies ability to absorb more

vitamin D.

> Hope this helps.

>

> Mike

>

>

> _____

>

>

> Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:00:56 PM

> Subject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

>

>

>

> inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that

dog

> gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop

having

> day.

>

> Char

>

Thanks Terry,

At one time I tanned weekly. I've heard the warnings and have not been in a booth for 3 years. I had checked with my doctor and he suggested some sun block as well as minimal time. I never went for the toasted marshmellow look. Still, the warning is good to share. As with all things, moderation and keep our doctors informed.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 8:16:37 AMSubject: RE: Does anyone else get exhausted?

Mike, Please be careful with the tanning, I have just this year had "16" areas of Basil Skin Cell Cancer removed from burning as a child, spending alot of time in the sun even with sun screen and also using the tanning bed. I can't caution you enough to be very careful. I don't want to see anyone else go through what I'm dealing with!

From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:47 AMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?

Mike

From: Charlene Bugg <adanaturkey8385@ webband.com>To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:00:56 PMSubject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

I've been totally exhausted recently too, but I honestly cannot say how much is down to my asthma, and how much is hte total change in lifestlye Ive had in the last few months - I've gone from being a student, with 12 hours of classes a week (though a lot of private study as well) and getting up at 8am at the earliest, to a ful time trainee teacher, with lesson planning, lesson evaluating, resource making, record keeoing etc every evening, full days in school (longer than the pupils - I'm there at just gone 8am, till usually about 4pm, today till nearly 7 as it was parent's evening), getting up at 6am every morning. What I do know is that my asthma has got a lot worse. I had not used my salbutamol for TEN weeks, then suddently, a month ago, something started me off suddently, and I went downhill from there. And I've been much more tired in that

time, but that also coincided with me taking over classes: a much bigger workload.

Have no idea what my iron levels are like - I usually keep an eye on that by how long it takes for my blood tosink at the blood donors (it's been VERY close once or twice, wtih the occassional retest). Remember, though, that a woman's body can naturally cope with a lower iron level than a man's, for obvious reasons. I know with me that's not an issue as I have v short and light periods (don't all throw cushions at me in jealousy!).

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Subject: RE: Does anyone else get exhausted?To: asthma Date: Tuesday, 9 December, 2008, 12:42 PM

Charlene, I am almost 39 and I AM perimenopause and yes I'm tired alot I get up at 5am everyday, some night I can't sleep at all I sneak in a 30 minute nap while the kids are asleep during quiet time because they are all in the room with me, and that usually get's me through until about 8pm. I do feel very run down this time of year I believe it's from the air being colder and it's taking me more energy to breath in the cold air than any other time of year. My iron is fine so I don't take any but I do take vitamins Hope this helps

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Charlene BuggSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:01 AMTo: asthma Subject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

Hi Char! Many of us here struggle with exhaustion. Yes it is

probably your asthma. When mine flares up I definitely need extra

sleep. I also need extra sleep when I get any kind of cold or virus.

It takes the body a lot of energy to fight autoimmune diseases.

Madeline

>

> 50 and male here -- You just described my normal state.  Part of

mine is caused by apnea due to weight (only partly brought on by

prednisone) and some of it is due to the dark.  Depending on how far

north you live, seasonal affective disorder may be playing a part.  I

am in Alaska and this is a huge issue here.  Sun up at 9:45 and sets

at 4:15 in my part of the state.  90+ " days " of night on the north

shore of the state.  Try getting outside and getting some sun into

your eyes.  It is a wonderful thing.  I sometimes go tanning just to

feel warm throughout.  I am not looking to darken my skin, just

triggering my bodies ability to absorb more vitamin D.  Hope this helps.

>

> Mike

>

>

>

>

> ________________________________

>

> Sent: Monday, December 8, 2008 9:00:56 PM

> Subject: Does anyone else get exhausted?

>

>

> inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog

> gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop having

> day.

>

> Char

>

Hi ,

Sorry for any confusion.

When I said -

Autoimmune disease is exhausting,

I was referring to all autoimmune conditions, not just asthma.

Actually, my asthma is extremely mild right now -

it's my other auto-immune situations that are giving me trouble.

Alana

>

> Sounds like you need to go on some daily maintenance steroids. 

Your asthma is not well controlled.  Don't think that you just don't

need your medicine because you don't want it.

>  

>

Oh! forgot to tell you that in my case, cold weather is good for me, or at least is what my allergologyst told me. Whenever is a Santa ana condition in my town (very very dry and powerful winds, extremely low humidity) is a HOT ZONE for my asthma, it's because of my allergy to polen and dust. When is cold I feel I can breath more, and overall feel good. OF course, I just need to cover, that is all,

Rose

-- Re: Does anyone else get exhausted?To: asthma Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 7:28 AM

Hi Char,Autoimmune disease is exhausting.I am on a prescription high dose iron also -not 360 though -I think it's 150.Alana>> I'm 49, f, cauc, and get exhausted alot now that the colder> months are coming on. Is it from my Asthma? Doc says my> iron is good so that's not it. I refuse to take my steroids> unless I'm gasping for air. I do take my fomoteral and my emergency > inhaler but I don't have enough energy or time to keep using that dog > gone nebilizer. I hope I get to menapause stage soon so I stop having > menstral cycles so I'll have more iron too. I take 360 mg of iron a > day.> > Char>