RemedySpot.com

Hot showers and asthma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have a terrible time in the shower. I cannot breathe, I get dizzy and feel sick. I have to jump out even if I am covered in lather and sit on the toilet set and use my inhaler. It is just horrible.

Cheryl Burton ncicheryl@...

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 12:13:00 PMSubject: Hot showers and asthma

Hi all,Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I oftendo and I always wonder if I'm imagining it.

Not in the shower, but in the bath. But that could just be an effect of hot water generally, as I first noticed that it was hard to breathe in a v hot bath years ago, and I only became asthmatic this year.

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Subject: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthma Date: Tuesday, 9 December, 2008, 9:13 PMHi all,

Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I often

do and I always wonder if I'm imagining it.

------------------------------------

It's the humidity from the hot shower, it's not your imagination

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of lilli_nycSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:13 PMTo: asthma Subject: Hot showers and asthma

Hi all,Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I oftendo and I always wonder if I'm imagining it.

I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam really feels good to me going to my lungs. A Hill wrote: Not in the shower, but in the bath. But that could just be an effect of hot water generally, as I first noticed that it was hard to breathe in a v hot bath years ago, and I only became asthmatic this year. Jenn Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...! Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me. From: lilli_nyc <lilli_nyc>Subject: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthma Date: Tuesday, 9 December, 2008, 9:13 PMHi all, Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I often do and I always wonder if I'm imagining it. ------------

Hi :

On ocassion I do, depends on my peak flow before starting and duration

of the shower. Humidity can be a trigger, depends on your health state

condition, timing of meds taken before, exposure level time & amount.

Be careful and well,

>

> Hi all,

>

> Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I often

> do and I always wonder if I'm imagining it.

>

>

>

Same here. What hurts/helps one does not necessarily have the same effect on the next.

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AMSubject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam really feels good to me going to my lungs.

I love hot showers!!! I come out looking like a lobster, and I stay a

very long time because it brings up congestion from my lungs and

sinuses. Plus it loosens my back muscles. I have never had a hard time

in humidity with my asthma...but you give me a dry cold day with lots

of cold wind and I am grabbing my rescue inhaler...like today!!

Cindi

lilli_nyc wrote:

Hi all,

Does anyone find they feel shorter of breath in a hot shower? I often

do and I always wonder if I'm imagining it.

Me too! The humidity and steam are good for my lungs. Just another

example of how things effect us all differently.

Madeline

>

> Subject: Hot showers and asthma

> To: asthma

> Date: Tuesday, 9 December, 2008, 9:13 PM

>

I've just had bright red highlights put in, so will have to give up on the really hot showers for a bit!! Well, maybe once they've faded a bit, as she's managed to do it as one solid block of colour that will fade when I've washed it once or twice!!

Just hopew it's not too bright for school tomorrow - I feel some rather inventive tying up might be needed!

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

I also feel that short of breath when hot shower or when I enter in the bathroom with someone having a bath with really hot water. That is why I am used to have my water when I shower almost cold (also is good for circulation and for your hair) and when I need to have a hot bath, I leave open my bathroom window or door.

- Hot showers and asthma

I also have symptoms in the shower--even when the water is warm! I've tried

changing the shower curtain from vinyl to polyester and using nonscented shampoo

& soap. I find it helps a little to open the curtain and the door, but I still

don't get it!