RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Kay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I went to see my asthma doc today. Tommorrow I see my allergist. My asthma doc mentioned xolair today but he is not ready JUST yet to try that with me. From this point on he wants me to take 10mg of predinisone everyday. He was so angry with me today. He says I am not doing what he tells me to do and if I want this asthma to be under controlled better, than I need to do the necessary things. So naturally I sat there and cried because I just got some bad news (but positive results will come) about my mother yesterday. And all of this has thrown me into panic mood. Basically he wants me to take my acid reflux medicine eventhough I don't have any symptoms he wants me to take it anyway. He thinks that is some of my problem. He also said I am taking too much of the rescue inhalers etc.. But I am not getting any air!! I'm a mess today! sorry for jumping all around. if anyone wants to they can email me off the board thanks KayDeborah Lenardi wrote: Hi Kay, Is your asthma worse from allergies? You sound a lot like how I felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for eight months. I have been a lot better this

year. Also, do you have acid reflux? That also was making me worse. Before the shots, just sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any exercising. I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get into anything too aerobic. I have bad reactions to almost all the allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this group do help me. I was even able to sit outside at a barbeque this past summer!! I hope you get feeling better soon! Hugs, Debbie in Chicago

I too had to learn the hard way.

I don't know if heartburn is related to asthma, but I do know that when

the airways are constricted and the yukky stuff that burps up the wrong

way and goes into the lungs, it is a nightmare to get out, and the

coughing is awful. I still am not sure they are related, as my husband

gets coughing fits now and then from heartburn that went the wrong way.

He does not have asthma.

I had to learn the hard way to do my asthma meds....time after time

they prescribed things that I would do for a week, and then quit.

Inhalers especially. I did not want to be tied down with one and then

another inhaler. It took a week long...too long hospital visit. I could

not get out of there until they released me. It was very scary, and I

never want to be in the hospital that long ever again. Not for just an

asthma attack that they could not relieve in the ER. That was 10 years

ago. Now, I do my meds as prescribed.....what ever they give me I take

as prescribed. I missed my youngest childs photos for her school...she

had to call me in the hospital to have me help her dress for her little

photos in grade school. No one else was at home, other than her

dad...and he did not have a clue. It was a nightmare! Whatever the

doctor says to do...I do it religiously now. I cannot over

emphasize....trust me from experience. No matter how you feel it is an

inconvenience...no matter..asthma is nothing to take lightly...it can

be deadly!!! Take as prescribed...go next to your doctor or pulmo as I

had to do for 2 months after I got out of the hospital. The pulmo I had

to do in accordance with my insurance....he was the coolest! He even

gave me prescribed me medicine for a UTI I was in dire need of when I

seen him! I was surprised he could do that LOL!

love you all!

Cindi

Madeline wrote:

Hi Kay. Sorry he fussed at you, but he has a point. I had to learn

the hard way. I hate taking meds, but have to take them as

prescribed every day without fail or I will pay for it. As far as the

reflux.... I was diagnosed with GERD recently (I did the test where

they put the wire down your nose for 24hrs. YUCK!) and I have never

had any heartburn or other symptoms associated with reflux. So, even

if you don't feel the symptoms it can be there, and reflux can be a

major trigger for asthma if it spills into the airway. So that is

very sound advice. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Madeline

> Hi Kay,

>

> Is your asthma worse from allergies? You sound a lot like how I

felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for

eight months. I have been a lot better this year. Also, do you have

acid reflux? That also was making me worse. Before the shots, just

sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any

exercising. I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get

into anything too aerobic. I have bad reactions to almost all the

allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my

heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this

group do help me. I was even able to sit outside at a barbeque this

past summer!!

>

> I hope you get feeling better soon!

>

> Hugs,

> Debbie in Chicago

>

No I'm not taking any supplements. Would it interact with all of the other things I'm taking Protonix, advair, singulair, zyrtec, atrovent, albuterolsea_girl111 wrote: Hi Kay,Are you on Tilade or Intal?Are you taking any supplements?Alana> Hi Kay,> > Is your asthma worse from allergies? You sound a lot like how I felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for eight months. I have been a lot better this year. Also, do you have acid reflux? That also was making me worse. Before the shots, just sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any exercising. I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get into anything too aerobic. I have bad reactions to almost all the allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this group do help me. I was even able to sit outside at a barbeque this past summer!!> > I hope you get feeling better soon!> > Hugs,> Debbie in

Chicago>

went to see my allergist yesterday my bp was 150/108!! I am super stressed. He did blood work (IGE) to see if I'm a candidate for Xolair (?) He put me on veramist doubling the dose i was already taking. I am just worried about my mom so this is taking a bit of a toll on me.. hugs to all Kaysea_girl111 wrote: Hi Kay,You would need to talk to your Doctor about that.Hope you are feeling

well,Alana>> No I'm not taking any supplements. Would it interact with all of the other things I'm taking> Protonix, advair, singulair, zyrtec, atrovent, albuterol

Geesh Kay what are they going to do about your BP? That's really high

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:36 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Kay

went to see my allergist yesterday my bp was 150/108!! I am super stressed. He did blood work (IGE) to see if I'm a candidate for Xolair (?)

He put me on veramist doubling the dose i was already taking. I am just worried about my mom so this is taking a bit of a toll on me..

hugs to all Kaysea_girl111 <sea_girl111> wrote:

Hi Kay,You would need to talk to your Doctor about that.Hope you are feeling well,Alana>> No I'm not taking any supplements. Would it interact with all of the other things I'm taking> Protonix, advair, singulair, zyrtec, atrovent, albuterol

Hi Terry, He wants me to keep taking my xanax... but how can I function at work spaced out on xanax all day and I don't want to become dependant... I'm wondering if its the predinsione and inhalers doing this to me. I am a very super hyper person in additon. Terry wrote: Geesh Kay what are they going to do about your BP? That's really high Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:36 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Kay went to see my allergist yesterday my bp was 150/108!! I am super stressed. He did blood work (IGE) to see if I'm a candidate for Xolair (?) He put me on veramist

doubling the dose i was already taking. I am just worried about my mom so this is taking a bit of a toll on me.. hugs to all Kaysea_girl111 <sea_girl111> wrote: Hi Kay,You would need to talk to your Doctor about that.Hope you are feeling well,Alana>> No I'm not taking any supplements. Would it interact with all of the other things I'm taking> Protonix, advair, singulair, zyrtec, atrovent, albuterol

Now the asthma meds very well could be but I'd still say something about it, High BP can do alot of stuff. I swear something's I wonder about all this asthma stuff

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:01 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: Re: Kay

Hi Terry,

He wants me to keep taking my xanax... but how can I function at work spaced out on xanax all day and I don't want to become dependant... I'm wondering if its the predinsione and inhalers doing this to me. I am a very super hyper person in additon. Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Geesh Kay what are they going to do about your BP? That's really high

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:36 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Kay

went to see my allergist yesterday my bp was 150/108!! I am super stressed. He did blood work (IGE) to see if I'm a candidate for Xolair (?)

He put me on veramist doubling the dose i was already taking. I am just worried about my mom so this is taking a bit of a toll on me..

hugs to all Kaysea_girl111 <sea_girl111> wrote:

Hi Kay,You would need to talk to your Doctor about that.Hope you are feeling well,Alana>> No I'm not taking any supplements. Would it interact with all of the other things I'm taking> Protonix, advair, singulair, zyrtec, atrovent, albuterol

Hi Kay,

I was just approved for Xolair. I am in the middle of looking at payment assistance. Walgreen's is one of the specialty pharmacies that stocks it. They've a debit card program that pays about $1500 per year. That's almost my deductible. Genetech, the manufacturer also has a program that I have information on from both Alana and Walgreen's. Please feel free to contact me on or off line. I am not much further ahead on this path, but I will be happy tho share what I learned.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 5:36:17 AMSubject: Re: Re: Kay

hugs to all Kay

Recent Activity

New MembersVisit Your Group

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Yahoo! Health

Achy Joint?

Common arthritis

myths debunked.

Weight Loss Group