RemedySpot.com

Re: Mike - xolair

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Help me to understand. If a person is overweight you can't get the insurance company to pay for xolair? then I guess I won't be getting shots then. you would think that the insurance companies would look at the fact that people who take predinisone and other drugs to maintain their asthma are going to have some weight issues. geez! this just sucks. sea_girl111 wrote: Hi Mike,Hope this helps -https://www.genentechaccesssolutions.com/xolair/professional/index.jspAlana>> Hi all,> > It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading a lot of > the threads.> > I saw my dr yesterday and he wants me to pursue 2 avenues of > treatment. First, he wants to start Xolair. My insurance policy > does not cover it. Has anyone looked into the Genetech (Xolair's > manufacturer) assistance program? All I hear is that it is horibly > expensive. We are taking this move as the Zyflo I've been on for > the past 6 weeks has caused some rashes to appear on my legs. We > stopped the Zyflo yesterday.> > Second, the doctor is

advocating gastric bypass. I don't meet the > 100 pounds overweigght criteria, but with hypetension and being pre-> diabetic, I qualify. I was told that the fat in my chest is > pressing against my lungs and hampering the breathing. With gastric > bypass, the asthma will not go away, but my breathing should be > eased. Has anyone else heard this? Tried this?> > I am getting a feeling that it may be time to look for a job with > more employees so i can get a better insurance package. I manage a > drug/alcohol program with 4 employees, including myself. Two sister > programs in state bring us up to an even dozen. That gives us high > rates and lousy coverage. Ah well, time to dust off the resume.> > Mike>

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT look at what all these meds are doing to our bodies? with the INS company it's all about that dam all mighty dollar

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Friday, December 05, 2008 10:37 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Mike - xolair

Help me to understand. If a person is overweight you can't get the insurance company to pay for xolair? then I guess I won't be getting shots then.

you would think that the insurance companies would look at the fact that people who take predinisone and other drugs to maintain their asthma are going to have some weight issues. geez!

this just sucks. sea_girl111 <sea_girl111> wrote:

Hi Mike,Hope this helps -https://www.genentechaccesssolutions.com/xolair/professional/index.jspAlana>> Hi all,> > It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading a lot of > the threads.> > I saw my dr yesterday and he wants me to pursue 2 avenues of > treatment. First, he wants to start Xolair. My insurance policy > does not cover it. Has anyone looked into the Genetech (Xolair's > manufacturer) assistance program? All I hear is that it is horibly > expensive. We are taking this move as the Zyflo I've been on for > the past 6 weeks has caused some rashes to appear on my legs. We > stopped the Zyflo yesterday.> > Second, the doctor is advocating gastric bypass. I don't meet the > 100 pounds overweigght criteria, but with hypetension and being pre-> diabetic, I qualify. I was told that the fat in my chest is > pressing against my lungs and hampering the breathing. With gastric > bypass, the asthma will not go away, but my breathing should be > eased. Has anyone else heard this? Tried this?> > I am getting a feeling that it may be time to look for a job with > more employees so i can get a better insurance package. I manage a > drug/alcohol program with 4 employees, including myself. Two sister > programs in state bring us up to an even dozen. That gives us high > rates and lousy coverage. Ah well, time to dust off the resume.> > Mike>

Alana,

Thanks for the information. I'll take a look at it in a bit. Genetech is also sending some information on how the shots, after my deductible is met, may be subsidized. My part may be as low as $45 per dose. That would be a huge gift.

Thanks again,

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Thursday, December 4, 2008 3:37:13 AMSubject: Mike - xolair

Hi Mike,Hope this helps -https://www. genentechaccesss olutions. com/xolair/ professional/ index.jspAlana>> Hi all,> > It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading a lot of > the threads.> > I saw my dr yesterday and he wants me to pursue 2 avenues of > treatment. First, he wants to start Xolair. My insurance policy > does not cover it. Has anyone looked into the Genetech (Xolair's > manufacturer) assistance program? All I hear is that it is horibly > expensive. We are taking this move as the Zyflo I've been on for > the

past 6 weeks has caused some rashes to appear on my legs. We > stopped the Zyflo yesterday.> > Second, the doctor is advocating gastric bypass. I don't meet the > 100 pounds overweigght criteria, but with hypetension and being pre-> diabetic, I qualify. I was told that the fat in my chest is > pressing against my lungs and hampering the breathing. With gastric > bypass, the asthma will not go away, but my breathing should be > eased. Has anyone else heard this? Tried this?> > I am getting a feeling that it may be time to look for a job with > more employees so i can get a better insurance package. I manage a > drug/alcohol program with 4 employees, including myself. Two sister > programs in state bring us up to an even dozen. That gives us high > rates and lousy coverage. Ah well, time to dust off the resume.> >

Mike>

Kay,

That can not be correct because I was approved for the Xolair by both

my insurance company and through the manufacturer assistance program,

and according to all the charts I am close to 100 pounds overweight.

I am not actually all that fat (I have a very large dense bone

structure), but according to their little charts......

Madeline

> >

> > Hi all,

> >

> > It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading a lot of

> > the threads.

> >

> > I saw my dr yesterday and he wants me to pursue 2 avenues of

> > treatment. First, he wants to start Xolair. My insurance policy

> > does not cover it. Has anyone looked into the Genetech (Xolair's

> > manufacturer) assistance program? All I hear is that it is horibly

> > expensive. We are taking this move as the Zyflo I've been on for

> > the past 6 weeks has caused some rashes to appear on my legs. We

> > stopped the Zyflo yesterday.

> >

> > Second, the doctor is advocating gastric bypass. I don't meet the

> > 100 pounds overweigght criteria, but with hypetension and being pre-

> > diabetic, I qualify. I was told that the fat in my chest is

> > pressing against my lungs and hampering the breathing. With

> gastric

> > bypass, the asthma will not go away, but my breathing should be

> > eased. Has anyone else heard this? Tried this?

> >

> > I am getting a feeling that it may be time to look for a job with

> > more employees so i can get a better insurance package. I manage a

> > drug/alcohol program with 4 employees, including myself. Two

> sister

> > programs in state bring us up to an even dozen. That gives us high

> > rates and lousy coverage. Ah well, time to dust off the resume.

> >

> > Mike

> >

>

My weight and Xolair are two separate issues. I probably did not phrase things well. I was a bit 'shell-shocked' at the time. My pharmaceuticl plan will not approve Xolair. Perios. My major medical has agreed to pick it up. At nearly $1200 per dose, I am glad for that part. My weight is a second issue. Just as fat builds up around the heart, making it more difficult to pump (leading to my hypertension) the lungs are also squeezed, reducing their effeciency. If I have the gastric bypass, the fat in my chest should begin to go away. The hope is that both my lungs and heart will have more room to work a well as they can. If I can persuade my insurance to pick up the surgery, and if it works as we all hope, the out-of-pocket will be less

than the price of my meds for life. Anyway, that's the hope.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 6:36:41 AMSubject: Re: Mike - xolair

Help me to understand. If a person is overweight you can't get the insurance company to pay for xolair? then I guess I won't be getting shots then.

you would think that the insurance companies would look at the fact that people who take predinisone and other drugs to maintain their asthma are going to have some weight issues. geez!

this just sucks. sea_girl111 <sea_girl111@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,Hope this helps -https://www. genentechaccesss olutions. com/xolair/ professional/ index.jspAlana>> Hi all,> > It's been a while since I posted, but I have been reading a lot of > the threads.> > I saw my dr yesterday and he wants me to pursue 2 avenues of > treatment. First, he wants to start Xolair. My insurance policy > does not cover it. Has anyone looked into the Genetech (Xolair's > manufacturer) assistance program? All I hear is that it is horibly > expensive. We are taking this move as the Zyflo I've been on for > the

past 6 weeks has caused some rashes to appear on my legs. We > stopped the Zyflo yesterday.> > Second, the doctor is advocating gastric bypass. I don't meet the > 100 pounds overweigght criteria, but with hypetension and being pre-> diabetic, I qualify. I was told that the fat in my chest is > pressing against my lungs and hampering the breathing. With gastric > bypass, the asthma will not go away, but my breathing should be > eased. Has anyone else heard this? Tried this?> > I am getting a feeling that it may be time to look for a job with > more employees so i can get a better insurance package. I manage a > drug/alcohol program with 4 employees, including myself. Two sister > programs in state bring us up to an even dozen. That gives us high > rates and lousy coverage. Ah well, time to dust off the resume.> >

Mike>