RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: [LovingAsthmaSupport] Vent - rant - prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LOL I'm on 5 mg twice a day when I actually take it. I try NOT to take it.

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MadelineSent: Friday, December 05, 2008 7:29 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: [LovingAsthmaSupport] Vent - rant - prednisone

The endo upped my Xanax to 1mg 3x day. I was on 1/2mg. So that isdouble. I am 36. Waaaaayyyyy to young for this stuff! LOLMadeline>> Bless your heart, hang in there and vent all you need to! That'swhat we're> here for! Just curious how high is your xanax now? What is your age? You> could be like me and also be in perimenopause, which could becompounding> everything. You've done soo good for soo long a bump in the roadhere is ok,> Look how far you've come Madeline? I'm proud of you!! Glad youventing made> you feel better > > > Terry > I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wishthat He> didn't trust me so much. ~Mother > Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program> Established August of 1992> > > > [LovingAsthmaSupport] Vent - rant - prednisone> > Hi all. I just posted this on the other site, but I am so upset Iwanted to> post it here as well. Maybe I'll feel better if I scream about ittwice. I> have had a very rough day and need to vent a little bit. > > For the last several days my "side effect" symptoms have majorly> intensified. My stomach has gained over 4 inches, the shakes aredriving me> nuts, I am sweating all the time, the rash is twice as bad as itwas, back> in compression hose because I have started retaining water in amajor way> again, peak flows are fluctuating too much, nausea, extra fatigueand it is> raining today..... So, I called my workers comp nurse this morning & she> sent me directly to the endocronologist. It seems that I am having> withdrawal symptoms from the prednisone. She also thinks that I maybe in> the very early stages of renal failure which would be caused by the> withdrawal! So, now I go backwards. Back up to 55mg/day for therest of> this week and two more weeks. Then we will try to start a taperagain at a> rate of 2.5mg/day every two weeks instead of 5. Then if I havesymptoms we> will have to stop it again and up the methotrexate. I am sofrustrated. I> was so excited. I was supposed to drop to 45mg/day starting Monday.She> said I have just been on such high doses for so long that my bodydoesn't> want to let it go! AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! > > She is also upping my Xanax. That is the only thing today that doesn't> upset me too much. At least that makes me feel good! LOL> > Thanks for listening. Feel better already.> > Madeline> > > > > ------------------------------------> >

Hi Madeline,

It is I haver been sick since Tuesday night. I threw up early Wed morning and

have been runnign a fever of 101.5 until yesterday morning it went away and still feel slughish

still. I hope I feel tomorrow because I have to work thw next to day at a flea market fora friend

of mine.

To: asthma Sent: Friday, December 5, 2008 6:29:11 AMSubject: Re: [LovingAsthmaSupport] Vent - rant - prednisone

The endo upped my Xanax to 1mg 3x day. I was on 1/2mg. So that isdouble. I am 36. Waaaaayyyyy to young for this stuff! LOLMadeline>> Bless your heart, hang in there and vent all you need to! That'swhat we're> here for! Just curious how high is your xanax now? What is your age? You> could be like me and also be in perimenopause, which could becompounding> everything. You've done soo good for soo long a bump in the roadhere is ok,> Look how far you've come Madeline? I'm proud of you!! Glad youventing made> you feel better > > > Terry > I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wishthat He> didn't trust me so much.

~Mother > Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program> Established August of 1992> > > > [LovingAsthmaSuppor t] Vent - rant - prednisone> > Hi all. I just posted this on the other site, but I am so upset Iwanted

to> post it here as well. Maybe I'll feel better if I scream about ittwice. I> have had a very rough day and need to vent a little bit. > > For the last several days my "side effect" symptoms have majorly> intensified. My stomach has gained over 4 inches, the shakes aredriving me> nuts, I am sweating all the time, the rash is twice as bad as itwas, back> in compression hose because I have started retaining water in amajor way> again, peak flows are fluctuating too much, nausea, extra fatigueand it is> raining today..... So, I called my workers comp nurse this morning & she> sent me directly to the endocronologist. It seems that I am having> withdrawal symptoms from the prednisone. She also thinks that I maybe in> the very early stages of renal failure which would be caused by the> withdrawal! So, now I go backwards. Back up to

55mg/day for therest of> this week and two more weeks. Then we will try to start a taperagain at a> rate of 2.5mg/day every two weeks instead of 5. Then if I havesymptoms we> will have to stop it again and up the methotrexate. I am sofrustrated. I> was so excited. I was supposed to drop to 45mg/day starting Monday.She> said I have just been on such high doses for so long that my bodydoesn't> want to let it go! AAARRRGGGGHHHHH! !!!!!! > > She is also upping my Xanax. That is the only thing today that doesn't> upset me too much. At least that makes me feel good! LOL> > Thanks for listening. Feel better already.> > Madeline> > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ------> >