RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: OT - sort of - prednisone venting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Prayers being said!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MadelineSent: Sunday, December 07, 2008 9:44 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: OT - sort of - prednisone venting

Hi all. Sorry I've been kind of quiet this weekend. I have reallybeen very sick and very tired with these withdrawal effects. I am abit nervous about the blood results I should have first thing in themorning. Dr. kind of hinted that I may have to spend a day orso in the hospital depending on how far down my kidney functionactually is. They don't think it is emergency (or he wouldn't havelet me go through the weekend), but I have had a good bit of off andon nausea and have had to measure my input/output. My input is almosttwice my output. Not too good. I'll update you all again after I seethe doc in the am. I am still in these stupid compression stockingsas well, but I am seeing some relief from the increase in theprednisone as far as the "shakes" and other symtoms that had gottenvery bad last week are concerned. So, two steps forward and one stepback. This stuff is so nasty. Wish we could just put me in thehospital for a week or so and just kill it very quickly, but I knowthat in reality that can't happen! Think about me in the morning. Love you all!Madeline> >> > Madeline!!! Don't give up!!! don't get sad, Ok?? Have faith!!! So> sorry, I> > will pray for you... Keep us updated please!> > > > Rose> > > > > > ----> > > > From: Madeline> > Date: 12/4/2008 2:49:27 PM> > To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) <mailto:asthma%40yahoogroups.com> com> > Subject: OT - sort of - prednisone venting> > > > Hi all. I have had a very rough day and need to vent a little bit. > > For the last several days my "side effect" symptoms have majorly> > intensified. My stomach has gained over 4 inches, the shakes are> > driving me nuts, I am sweating all the time, the rash is twice as bad> > as it was, back in compression hose because I have started retaining> > water in a major way again, peak flows are fluctuating too much,> > nausea, extra fatigue and it is raining today..... So, I called my> > workers comp nurse this morning & she sent me directly to the> > endocronologist. It seems that I am having withdrawal symptoms from> > the prednisone. She also thinks that I may be in the very early> > stages of renal failure which would be caused by the withdrawal! So,> > now I go backwards. Back up to 55mg/day for the rest of this week and> > two more weeks. Then we will try to start a taper again at a rate of> > 2.5mg/day every two weeks instead of 5. Then if I have symptoms we> > will have to stop it again and up the methotrexate. I am so> > frustrated. I was so excited. I was supposed to drop to 45mg/day> > starting Monday. She said I have just been on such high doses for so> > long that my body doesn't want to let it go! AAARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! > > Thanks for listening. Feel better already.> > > > Madeline> >>