<< I don't know what else I could say I don't know what more I could

do. I am so sorry for gettting on and just venting everything! It

really bothers me, I feel like I am being treated like a child who

did something wrong. I was thinking of asking for a another doctors

name but, I am so afraid of losing what I have that I will not push it.>>>

Hi Aggie,

Welcome to the group! Sorry you have pain but do not feel bad about

venting...that is what we are here for. You can vent, complain, ask

questions, share information, what ever you need to help you with your pain.

This is a good group and we understand pain all too well.

I understand you concern about not wanting to lose what you have now (your

doctor) but if you are not getting proper pain relief then you should

certainly think about looking around. I am lucky, I have a doctor who will

ask me what I need and then we discuss it ....he never tells me what I

'have' to do. I truly hope I never lose him! I know there are lots of

doctors out there who are afraid to prescribe higher doses of pain meds but

there are also some that really will help you.

Anyway...welcome to the group and I hope you find some help & friendship

here.

Peace,

Ann

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

I know how you feel. Your not alone. The fatigue and tiredness can really get you down, but I'm hoping they finally find the right dosage and We'll all get to feeling better. I take Celexa and Welbutrin for the depression, it has really helped.

I have been told by my doc that it takes a few weeks to feel the full effects of the new dosage of the synthroid or Armour. I'll probably get a higher dosage tomorrow as well. Right now I take 250 mcgs a day, they increase it every time I go in. Hope you get to feeling better.

maryhorseloverof12 wrote:

Hi All, I have had hypothroidism four 5 years.I have been all thyrolar,sythriod,armour and now back on armour.This is the second week and Im still feeling like a semitruck has ran me over.NO energy at all and Im tired of it.Its 50mcg and wondering how long does it take for this to really start to kick in? Im hoping this was the right move, maybe the doc should of increase the armour.It was 25mg a day.Really when I look back over last five years I have fought this battle of no energy.I know that the depression has set in and was thinking about a antidepressant.I go to the doctor for all the lab results next week.Wish I had someone to talk.Thanks for lisening.*Note: Information is freely exchanged on this board based on patient experiences, and should not be considered a medical recommendation.

Guest guest

Welcome!

I think you will find this group very helpful. Based on how you are still feeling, I would bet you're not on a high enough dose yet, but remember that you have to slowly work your way up. We'll be able to help you more when you get your labs. Be sure to get copies and then let us know what your #'s are. I spent years feeling horrible and not being treated or being undertreated. Many docs said my labs were 'normal', but I later found they were not. I had depression too, but that went away once my thyroid & female hormones were treated...so there is hope!

Joy

New to the group

Hi All, I have had hypothroidism four 5 years.I have been all thyrolar,sythriod,armour and now back on armour.This is the second week and Im still feeling like a semitruck has ran me over.NO energy at all and Im tired of it.Its 50mcg and wondering how long does it take for this to really start to kick in? Im hoping this was the right move, maybe the doc should of increase the armour.It was 25mg a day.Really when I look back over last five years I have fought this battle of no energy.I know that the depression has set in and was thinking about a antidepressant.I go to the doctor for all the lab results next week.Wish I had someone to talk.Thanks for lisening.*Note: Information is freely exchanged on this board based on patient experiences, and should not be considered a medical recommendation.

Guest guest

Welcome Beth :)

Sorry to hear about your struggle...we do understand! :)

It's hard when you can't see the doctors that you would like to see, but hope isn't lost. It wasn't until I found these boards and got great advice from these people & did my own research, that I was able to really start feeling better. My best advice is to learn as much as you can about Hashi's (a great place to start is www.thyroid.about.com) and become proactive in your own treatment. The best thing that I learned, mostly from people on the boards, was where your levels really should be to feel well (NOT what the 'normal' ranges & many doctors say). When you get your labs back, be sure to post them here with the corresponding "normal ranges" and then we can help you from there. Also, what medication & amount are you on?

Although it's not advocated, there are many on the boards who don't have insurance or can't get the meds they need from doctors, so they have been forced to self-medicate & order their own labs. It isn't the best case scenario, but it is what many have been forced to do to get well. Just telling you this because it may be what you eventually need to do to get better & so that you will know you have options :)

There is also another great group for Hashi people at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hashimotos/

Joy

New to the group

Hi everyone! My name is Beth, I am 33 and I currentlylive in New Jersey. I am married and a militaryspouse. I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's this pastOctober after three years of struggling to find outwhat is wrong. Lately, I have been tired and knowthat something is wrong with my levels, but waitingfor the results to come back from the lab. I am having a hard time getting the medical help Ineed and unforunately we don't have much of a choicein where we go due to the fact that we are military. I am so frustrated at this time. The fatigue ishorrible. Just looking for some support.Thanks,Beth__________________________________________________

• 3 years later...

Hello and Welcome, JoAnn

Cheryl Burton ncicheryl@...

To: asthma Sent: Monday, November 3, 2008 10:49:21 AMSubject: New to the group

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this group. Sounds like your all such nice people here. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it!I do have a question I'm hoping someone can answer for me.Is there anyone here in the group on disability for there asthma? I have it so bad. I have had it for quite sometime now, and it has turned into emphysema.I haven't been able to work for the past ten years. I applied for disability, but I have been denied. I also appealed it, and now I'm waiting for some kind of response. It would sure be nice to be able to talk to someone that's possibly going through the same process as myself.ThanksJoAnn

• 9 months later...

toni wrote: I used to be told the problem with me was my circadian rhythms

were off and all I had to do was learn to sleep at night and stay awake all

day and voila, I'd be well again.

----

I've been told that too, toni. But there are worse things in life than being

a night owl.... just not for holding down a job/family role with aplomb.

For the first decade of my illness, I had to be up for work and children at

a regular time, and go to bed at a regular time whether I could sleep or

not. I was sick and miserable, jittery and easily confused, vulnerable to

any infection that came along. I'm surprised I never had a car accident

while driving my kids to school, because my brain sure wasn't in the vehicle

with me.

Nowadays, I am on a fairly regular schedule of being in bed between 4 a.m.

and 2 p.m. I try to avoid stress/people/tv/computer in the 2 hours before I

expect to be asleep. I fall asleep within 10 minutes of turning out the

light, and wake mostly feeling refreshed (not that it lasts). I am much

happier overall and less jittery most days.

But... my physical and mental symptoms kick up under any exertion, just the

same as they always did. AND about once a year I have to attempt to

re-regulate my sleep to 'overnight', just to re-demonstrate to my CFS doctor

that I will invariably get sicker again despite all the research on her

shelves showing that sleeping 'overnight' is tied to a better outcome.

Sleep when it feels right for you to sleep, and you will sleep sooner and

better than if you try to fight Nature on top of everything else.

Jayne