RemedySpot.com

Re: Kay

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thank you Terry so much. Well basically they got me into a room pretty fast and gave me breathing treatments three to be exact pulmocurt and I think ipratropium bromide (msp?) Pulmocort is an inhaled steroid didn't know that. I didn't really start to feel better until I got the third treatment. They also gave me 50mg of predinisone and a prescription to taper of this week (which sucks) because I am trying so hard to lose weight. Doctors keep telling me to lose some weight and I'm thinking " I would love to if I COULD BREATH long enough to even do yoga or just go for a simple walk) One of the nurses asked if I wanted to stay overnight? but because of my missing so much time as it is with work I declined. I am just sick and tired; I feel like I'm 96yrs old instead of 36yrs old! Also the respitory therapist thought that it

would be a good idea for me to take a treatment everyday to kind of ward of the severe attacks. "Heavy sigh" I left with a prescription of Predinsone 10mg, albuterol inhaler; and albuterol solutions for my nebulizer and atrovent inhaler and atrovent solutions. So anyway, back at work of course... SOMEBODY HELP! I am going to lose it. I feel like I can't really enjoy the things I use to do, yoga, pilates going to the gym its so difficult now starting all over again THANK YOU ALL ON THIS BOARD FOR YOUR ADVISE AND SUGGESTIONS. I really appreciate it. hugs Kay-sorry for the long post.Terry wrote: Sweetie I know how exhausting it is fighting this asthma stuff but we're all here to help you and support you. what happened in the ER? Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)------went to ER Hi All, I ended up in the E.R. I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am really tired of fightingAutumn <autumnjsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yes, that's it, thanks From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:02 PM Kay I'd go to the ER or your local urgent care center Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull

DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of KaySent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:43 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: taking more than prescribed (singulair) I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before? and how did it make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to

do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent.. I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay

You welcome! I'm glad you went to the ER!!!! 3 Treatments yes by golly I'm glad you went! You need to give your body time to catch up girl. Please rest when you can extra sleep at night etc ok! Please! I understand your frustration with the weight, I've been drinking nothing but water and have lost 7 of the 20 lbs I'm trying to lose, but like you when I think I'm getting somewhere I'm right back at square one. Just take it a moment at a time ok, it's all we can do and your asthma sounds like mine, it went from mild to severe in just 2 years. I had been doing really good with being aware of my triggers and avoiding them. Hang in there your good days are coming but YOU HAVE to listen to your BODY!!

HUGS!!

Terry

Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:51 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Kay

Thank you Terry so much.

Well basically they got me into a room pretty fast and gave me breathing treatments three to be exact pulmocurt and I think ipratropium bromide (msp?)

Pulmocort is an inhaled steroid didn't know that. I didn't really start to feel better until I got the third treatment. They also gave me 50mg of predinisone and a prescription to taper of this week (which sucks) because I am trying so hard to lose weight. Doctors keep telling me to lose some weight and I'm thinking " I would love to if I COULD BREATH long enough to even do yoga or just go for a simple walk)

One of the nurses asked if I wanted to stay overnight? but because of my missing so much time as it is with work I declined. I am just sick and tired; I feel like I'm 96yrs old instead of 36yrs old!

Also the respitory therapist thought that it would be a good idea for me to take a treatment everyday to kind of ward of the severe attacks. "Heavy sigh"

I left with a prescription of Predinsone 10mg, albuterol inhaler; and albuterol solutions for my nebulizer and atrovent inhaler and atrovent solutions.

So anyway, back at work of course... SOMEBODY HELP! I am going to lose it. I feel like I can't really enjoy the things I use to do, yoga, pilates going to the gym its so difficult now starting all over again

THANK YOU ALL ON THIS BOARD FOR YOUR ADVISE AND SUGGESTIONS. I really appreciate it.

hugs Kay-sorry for the long post.Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Sweetie I know how exhausting it is fighting this asthma stuff but we're all here to help you and support you. what happened in the ER?

Terry

Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)------went to ER

Hi All,

I ended up in the E.R. I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am really tired of fightingAutumn <autumnjsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Yes, that's it, thanks

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:02 PM

Kay I'd go to the ER or your local urgent care center

Terry

From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of KaySent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:43 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: taking more than prescribed (singulair)

I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before? and how did it make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent.. I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay

Thank you Terry for your support.. becasue I am just really down in the dumps over this asthma stuff. hugsKayTerry wrote: You welcome! I'm glad you went to the ER!!!! 3 Treatments yes by golly I'm glad you went! You need to give your body time to catch up girl. Please rest when you can extra sleep at night etc ok! Please! I understand your frustration with the

weight, I've been drinking nothing but water and have lost 7 of the 20 lbs I'm trying to lose, but like you when I think I'm getting somewhere I'm right back at square one. Just take it a moment at a time ok, it's all we can do and your asthma sounds like mine, it went from mild to severe in just 2 years. I had been doing really good with being aware of my triggers and avoiding them. Hang in there your good days are coming but YOU HAVE to listen to your BODY!! HUGS!! Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning

ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:51 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Kay Thank you Terry so much. Well basically they got me into a room pretty fast and gave me breathing treatments three to be exact pulmocurt and I think ipratropium bromide (msp?) Pulmocort is an inhaled steroid didn't know that. I didn't really start to feel better until I got the third treatment. They also gave me 50mg of predinisone and a prescription to taper of this week (which sucks) because I am trying so hard to lose

weight. Doctors keep telling me to lose some weight and I'm thinking " I would love to if I COULD BREATH long enough to even do yoga or just go for a simple walk) One of the nurses asked if I wanted to stay overnight? but because of my missing so much time as it is with work I declined. I am just sick and tired; I feel like I'm 96yrs old instead of 36yrs old! Also the respitory therapist thought that it would be a good idea for me to take a treatment everyday to kind of ward of the severe attacks. "Heavy sigh" I left with a prescription of Predinsone 10mg, albuterol inhaler; and albuterol solutions for my nebulizer and atrovent inhaler and atrovent solutions. So anyway, back at work of course... SOMEBODY HELP! I am going to lose it. I feel like I can't really enjoy the things I use to do, yoga, pilates going to

the gym its so difficult now starting all over again THANK YOU ALL ON THIS BOARD FOR YOUR ADVISE AND SUGGESTIONS. I really appreciate it. hugs Kay-sorry for the long post.Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote: Sweetie I know how exhausting it is fighting this asthma stuff but we're all here to help you and support you. what happened in the ER? Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy

Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)------went to ER Hi All, I ended up in the E.R. I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am really tired of fightingAutumn <autumnjsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yes, that's it,

thanks From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:02 PM Kay I'd go to the ER or your local urgent care center Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of KaySent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:43 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: taking more than prescribed (singulair) I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before? and how did it

make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent.. I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay

Well I'm here to help you out of the dumps ok? If it was allowed I'd tell you stuff to make you laugh! Just smile for me ok! Just one and know that you are very much cared about and loved!

Terry

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:20 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: Kay

Thank you Terry for your support.. becasue I am just really down in the dumps over this asthma stuff.

hugsKayTerry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

You welcome! I'm glad you went to the ER!!!! 3 Treatments yes by golly I'm glad you went! You need to give your body time to catch up girl. Please rest when you can extra sleep at night etc ok! Please! I understand your frustration with the weight, I've been drinking nothing but water and have lost 7 of the 20 lbs I'm trying to lose, but like you when I think I'm getting somewhere I'm right back at square one. Just take it a moment at a time ok, it's all we can do and your asthma sounds like mine, it went from mild to severe in just 2 years. I had been doing really good with being aware of my triggers and avoiding them. Hang in there your good days are coming but YOU HAVE to listen to your BODY!!

HUGS!!

Terry

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:51 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Kay

Thank you Terry so much.

Well basically they got me into a room pretty fast and gave me breathing treatments three to be exact pulmocurt and I think ipratropium bromide (msp?)

Pulmocort is an inhaled steroid didn't know that. I didn't really start to feel better until I got the third treatment. They also gave me 50mg of predinisone and a prescription to taper of this week (which sucks) because I am trying so hard to lose weight. Doctors keep telling me to lose some weight and I'm thinking " I would love to if I COULD BREATH long enough to even do yoga or just go for a simple walk)

One of the nurses asked if I wanted to stay overnight? but because of my missing so much time as it is with work I declined. I am just sick and tired; I feel like I'm 96yrs old instead of 36yrs old!

Also the respitory therapist thought that it would be a good idea for me to take a treatment everyday to kind of ward of the severe attacks. "Heavy sigh"

I left with a prescription of Predinsone 10mg, albuterol inhaler; and albuterol solutions for my nebulizer and atrovent inhaler and atrovent solutions.

So anyway, back at work of course... SOMEBODY HELP! I am going to lose it. I feel like I can't really enjoy the things I use to do, yoga, pilates going to the gym its so difficult now starting all over again

THANK YOU ALL ON THIS BOARD FOR YOUR ADVISE AND SUGGESTIONS. I really appreciate it.

hugs Kay-sorry for the long post.Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote:

Sweetie I know how exhausting it is fighting this asthma stuff but we're all here to help you and support you. what happened in the ER?

Terry

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)------went to ER

Hi All,

I ended up in the E.R. I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am really tired of fightingAutumn <autumnjsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:

Yes, that's it, thanks

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:02 PM

Kay I'd go to the ER or your local urgent care center

Terry

From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of KaySent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:43 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: taking more than prescribed (singulair)

I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before? and how did it make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent.. I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay

THANK YOU TERRY! means alot to me hugsKayTerry wrote: Well I'm here to help you out of the dumps ok? If it was allowed I'd tell you stuff to make you laugh! Just smile for me ok! Just one and know that you are very much cared about and loved! Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 10:20 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: Kay Thank you Terry for your support.. becasue I am just really down in the dumps over this asthma stuff. hugsKayTerry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote: You welcome! I'm glad you went to the ER!!!! 3 Treatments yes by golly I'm glad you went! You need to give your body time to catch up girl. Please rest when you can extra sleep at night etc ok!

Please! I understand your frustration with the weight, I've been drinking nothing but water and have lost 7 of the 20 lbs I'm trying to lose, but like you when I think I'm getting somewhere I'm right back at square one. Just take it a moment at a time ok, it's all we can do and your asthma sounds like mine, it went from mild to severe in just 2 years. I had been doing really good with being aware of my triggers and avoiding them. Hang in there your good days are coming but YOU HAVE to listen to your BODY!! HUGS!! Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:51 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Kay Thank you Terry so much. Well basically they got me into a room pretty fast and gave me breathing treatments three to be exact pulmocurt and I think ipratropium bromide (msp?) Pulmocort is an inhaled steroid didn't know that. I didn't really start to feel better until I got the third treatment. They also gave me 50mg of predinisone and a prescription to taper of this week (which

sucks) because I am trying so hard to lose weight. Doctors keep telling me to lose some weight and I'm thinking " I would love to if I COULD BREATH long enough to even do yoga or just go for a simple walk) One of the nurses asked if I wanted to stay overnight? but because of my missing so much time as it is with work I declined. I am just sick and tired; I feel like I'm 96yrs old instead of 36yrs old! Also the respitory therapist thought that it would be a good idea for me to take a treatment everyday to kind of ward of the severe attacks. "Heavy sigh" I left with a prescription of Predinsone 10mg, albuterol inhaler; and albuterol solutions for my nebulizer and atrovent inhaler and atrovent solutions. So anyway, back at work of course... SOMEBODY HELP! I am going to lose it. I feel like I can't really enjoy the

things I use to do, yoga, pilates going to the gym its so difficult now starting all over again THANK YOU ALL ON THIS BOARD FOR YOUR ADVISE AND SUGGESTIONS. I really appreciate it. hugs Kay-sorry for the long post.Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net> wrote: Sweetie I know how exhausting it is fighting this asthma stuff but we're all here to help you and support you. what happened in the ER? Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so

much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of KaySent: Tuesday, December 02, 2008 9:22 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)------went to ER Hi All, I ended up in the E.R. I just don't know what else to do anymore. I am really tired of fightingAutumn <autumnjsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Yes, that's it, thanks From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: taking more than prescribed (singulair)To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, December 1, 2008, 5:02 PM Kay I'd go to the ER or your local urgent care center Terry Head Coach to the Chaney Bull DogsI know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992 From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of KaySent: Monday, December 01, 2008 2:43 PMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: taking more than prescribed (singulair) I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before?

and how did it make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent.. I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay

Hi Kay,

Is your asthma worse from allergies? You sound a lot like how I felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for eight months. I have been a lot better this year. Also, do you have acid reflux? That also was making me worse. Before the shots, just sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any exercising. I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get into anything too aerobic. I have bad reactions to almost all the allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this group do help me. I was even able to sit outside at a barbeque this past summer!!

I hope you get feeling better soon!

Hugs,

Debbie in Chicago

Kay,

That was my next question as well. Have they found your trigger/s?

That is very important. If you have not had allergy testing done yet,

it is a must. Although, you may be like me and not allergic to

anything they test for. We finally figured out my main trigger is

ozone. Great huh? That is one you can't get away from! LOL

Madeline

>

> Hi Kay,

>  

> Is your asthma worse from allergies?  You sound a lot like how I

felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for

eight months.  I have been a lot better this year.  Also, do you have

acid reflux?  That also was making me worse.  Before the shots, just

sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any

exercising.  I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get

into anything too aerobic.  I have bad reactions to almost all the

allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my

heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this

group do help me.    I was even able to sit outside at a barbeque this

past summer!!

>  

> I hope you get feeling better soon!

>  

> Hugs,

> Debbie in Chicago 

>

Hi Kay. Sorry he fussed at you, but he has a point. I had to learn

the hard way. I hate taking meds, but have to take them as

prescribed every day without fail or I will pay for it. As far as the

reflux.... I was diagnosed with GERD recently (I did the test where

they put the wire down your nose for 24hrs. YUCK!) and I have never

had any heartburn or other symptoms associated with reflux. So, even

if you don't feel the symptoms it can be there, and reflux can be a

major trigger for asthma if it spills into the airway. So that is

very sound advice. Hope you are feeling better soon!

Madeline

> Hi Kay,

>

> Is your asthma worse from allergies? You sound a lot like how I

felt for two years, before my doctor started me on Xolair shots for

eight months. I have been a lot better this year. Also, do you have

acid reflux? That also was making me worse. Before the shots, just

sitting up from a chair felt like an ordeal, let alone trying any

exercising. I can get on the treadmill now, but I still can't get

into anything too aerobic. I have bad reactions to almost all the

allergy medications I have tried, they make me lightheaded or make my

heart race, but the sinus rinses that have been suggested in this