RemedySpot.com

RE: severe carpal tunnel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Alia,This doesn't answer all your questions, but for anyone with Carpal Tunnel I have them apply castor oil at night and take tube socks, cut off the feet and make arm bands to help the oil stay in and not get on the sheets. Or, she could buy those long cotton gloves and rub into her hands as well. I also have them take a 12c hypericum homeopathic everyday. This has helped a number of people, some with complete resolution with or without the acupuncture.Good luck,Anne s, ND, LAcHi Everyone,This question is specifically to N.D./LAc.'s out there. I've seen a woman for severe carpal tunnel 4 times so far, once a week. She's had it for 10 years, and it wakes her every night around 4 am with burning, a 9 out of 1-10 scale, all the way up her arm into her shoulder with numbness and tingling at times. After one treatment of only doing 2 points (Pc7 and Bi Zhong), she slept through the night and had no pain or any symptoms for 3 or 4 days. Then it returned as it was before. She had a little better response after the second tx (with again doing Pc7 and Bi Zhong), although her pain and burning was mostly in her hands now. By the way, she had major trepidation with needles so i approached it minimally at first. After the third tx of doing e-stim from Bi Zhong to Pc7, she slept through the night and had relief for 3 days. Then she had burning only in her hands that was worse than ever before. They are sore as if they were overexerted, and they ache in the day as well. But at night, it is so much worse, a 10 out of 1-10, with an increase in intensity and also in length of time, into all morning versus going away over the next hour or so. She is considering stopping the treatment and feels very discouraged. I told her that there is no guarantee that it will give her complete resolution, but I also said that I didn't expect for her to get relief after one treatment, and that it will take time for such a severe chronic condition. I am confused as to why her symptoms have moved from her arms into her hands. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what to do next, i am afraid to make it worse, if that is possible. Thanks!Alia Elias, N.D., LAc.Newburyport, MA<stat6767.jpg>

Hi Alia,

I have always used a combination of deep

tissue massage with the acupuncture and I use EFT for cases like this because

there are often emotional components. I also give strengthening exercises for

the hand extensors which often helps the flexor muscles to relax and give some

more room for the carpal tunnel. But I find the deep tissue component very

important in these cases.

Good luck,

Janet

Janet Hague, LAc, MA, LMT

Acupuncture Wellness, LLC

3939 MLK Jr. BLVD

Suite 203

Portland, OR 97212

www.acutap.net

This e-mail message and any attachments are

intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed

and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from

disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the

intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,

distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have

received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone

and destroy the original and any copies of this e-mail.

Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2008

5:53 PM

To:

Subject: severe

carpal tunnel

Hi Everyone,

This question is specifically to N.D./LAc.'s out there. I've seen a

woman for severe carpal tunnel 4 times so far, once a week. She's had it

for 10 years, and it wakes her every night around 4 am with burning, a 9 out of 1-10 scale,

all the way up her arm into her shoulder with numbness and tingling at

times. After one treatment of only doing 2 points (Pc7 and Bi

Zhong), she slept through the night and had no pain or any symptoms for 3

or 4 days. Then it returned as it was before. She had a

little better response after the second tx (with again doing Pc7 and Bi

Zhong), although her pain and burning was mostly in her hands now.

By the way, she had major trepidation with needles so i approached it

minimally at first. After the third tx of doing e-stim from Bi

Zhong to Pc7, she slept through the night and had relief for 3

days. Then she had burning only in her hands that was worse than

ever before. They are sore as if they were overexerted, and they

ache in the day as well. But at night, it is so much worse, a 10

out of 1-10, with an increase in intensity and also in length of time,

into all morning versus going away over the next hour or so. She is

considering stopping the treatment and feels very discouraged. I

told her that there is no guarantee that it will give her complete

resolution, but I also said that I didn't expect for her to get relief

after one treatment, and that it will take time for such a severe chronic

condition. I am confused as to why her symptoms have moved from her

arms into her hands. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure

what to do next, i am afraid to make it worse, if that is possible.

Thanks!

Alia Elias, N.D., LAc.

Newburyport, MA

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.9.6/1797 - Release Date: 11/18/2008 11:23 AM

i have treated many carpal tunnel cases:

i start always with drainage (according to tcm dx i.e. if liver path i do liver drainage...etc), do cops nightly as anne suggested, and add in wobenzyme at a high dose at 6 tabs 3 x a way from meals (1 hr before or after). i refer them for alignment correction immediately (before i do any acu or injections)...refer to an osteopath or chiro...but you have to get them aligned (that is CRITICAL)......this sort of pain starts in the neck!! their alignment must be corrected (structurally) before acu or anything else can be effective. u can inject homeopathic 1 amp of zeel (because it is a chronic condition) and 1 cc procaine (1% buffered procaine)..and go into acu points and into the all the tender spots of the wrist - do this 2 x a week for 4 weeks. inject any scars on her body with procaine...gets her Qi moving. then do a constitutional homeopathic...always makes things so much better :)

those are just my 2 cents

good luck

Lamise

Dr. Lamise Elkhalil BSc, ND

Naturopathic Family Medicine

Suite 301 - 828 West 8th

Vancouver, BC

To: From: anne@...Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:35:00 -0500Subject: Re: severe carpal tunnel

Hi Alia,

This doesn't answer all your questions, but for anyone with Carpal Tunnel I have them apply castor oil at night and take tube socks, cut off the feet and make arm bands to help the oil stay in and not get on the sheets. Or, she could buy those long cotton gloves and rub into her hands as well. I also have them take a 12c hypericum homeopathic everyday. This has helped a number of people, some with complete resolution with or without the acupuncture.

Good luck,

Anne s, ND, LAc

Hi Everyone,This question is specifically to N.D./LAc.'s out there. I've seen a woman for severe carpal tunnel 4 times so far, once a week. She's had it for 10 years, and it wakes her every night around 4 am with burning, a 9 out of 1-10 scale, all the way up her arm into her shoulder with numbness and tingling at times. After one treatment of only doing 2 points (Pc7 and Bi Zhong), she slept through the night and had no pain or any symptoms for 3 or 4 days. Then it returned as it was before. She had a little better response after the second tx (with again doing Pc7 and Bi Zhong), although her pain and burning was mostly in her hands now. By the way, she had major trepidation with needles so i approached it minimally at first. After the third tx of doing e-stim from Bi Zhong to Pc7, she slept through the night and had relief for 3 days. Then she had burning only in her hands that was worse than ever before. They are sore as if they were overexerted, and they ache in the day as well. But at night, it is so much worse, a 10 out of 1-10, with an increase in intensity and also in length of time, into all morning versus going away over the next hour or so. She is considering stopping the treatment and feels very discouraged. I told her that there is no guarantee that it will give her complete resolution, but I also said that I didn't expect for her to get relief after one treatment, and that it will take time for such a severe chronic condition. I am confused as to why her symptoms have moved from her arms into her hands. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm not sure what to do next, i am afraid to make it worse, if that is possible. Thanks!Alia Elias, N.D., LAc.Newburyport, MA

<stat6767.jpg>

Messenger wants to send you on a trip. Enter today.