RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, I have went lots of times to the ERs about the pain in my left arm and over my heart but by the time I get there, it's gone and they say it's in my head. I've even had cps called on me saying it was in my head even though I have mitral valve prolapse so I guess I die instead of mentioning it. It's sad because I'm still raising an 11, 17 and 19 yr old.

Char

RE: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Great Advise Ann! Soo glad to see you posting again!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of FFTaz71aolSent: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:40 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Thats not necessarily true about no fever- no infection. Especially with walking pnuemonia...they call it this b/c it is basically a milder form of pnuemonia but without all the classic tell tale symptoms. And, as a former EMT, I need to address Char's symptoms as well. I dont want to scare you, well in a way I do so that you get checked out by a doc but not so much that you are terrified.Char, your symptoms could be something way worse than pnuemonia. Its very possible you might be experiencing a mild heart attack. Women do not present with heart attacks the same way as most men do...with the classic symptoms we all hear about. But, with pain in your left arm, chest and neck, you really really need to get checked out because thats exactly what it could be. Do not be surprised if you do go to the doctor and they want to check your heart. Please, do yourself and your family a favor and go get checked by a doctor today if you havent already.This could be just a bad chest cold too, but its better safe than sorry.Ann

Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

Char, when you notice this pain is it after you've had an increase heart rate? If so that's what it's from. I can't tell you how many times I was in the ER with the same symptoms and even now when I use these asthma drugs I get it because it increases my heart rate, If I remember correctly the Mitral Valve is located on the left side.

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:59 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Well, I have went lots of times to the ERs about the pain in my left arm and over my heart but by the time I get there, it's gone and they say it's in my head. I've even had cps called on me saying it was in my head even though I have mitral valve prolapse so I guess I die instead of mentioning it. It's sad because I'm still raising an 11, 17 and 19 yr old.

Char

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of FFTaz71aolSent: Monday, December 22, 2008 11:40 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Thats not necessarily true about no fever- no infection. Especially with walking pnuemonia...they call it this b/c it is basically a milder form of pnuemonia but without all the classic tell tale symptoms. And, as a former EMT, I need to address Char's symptoms as well. I dont want to scare you, well in a way I do so that you get checked out by a doc but not so much that you are terrified.Char, your symptoms could be something way worse than pnuemonia. Its very possible you might be experiencing a mild heart attack. Women do not present with heart attacks the same way as most men do...with the classic symptoms we all hear about. But, with pain in your left arm, chest and neck, you really really need to get checked out because thats exactly what it could be. Do not be surprised if you do go to the doctor and they want to check your heart. Please, do yourself and your family a favor and go get checked by a doctor today if you havent already.This could be just a bad chest cold too, but its better safe than sorry.Ann

Listen to 350+ music, sports, & news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

My 17 yr old son has Parxymal Supraventricular Tachia

Cardia and his cardiologist says I probably have it too because my heard does the same thing. But the docs

can't catch mine because mine goes so fast, I have to

take aspirin and I have to take it for some times weeks at a time cause it keeps coming back when the aspirin wear off.

And I get that crushing pain in my left arm real bad when I have that. Yesterday when I was out shoveling I had a bad pain over my heart and in my left arm just for a moment.

So, I only did light shoveling after that for a 15 mins or so then went in and sat for the rest of the evening. See, I had

these heart problems before I was diagnosed with Asthma a couple years ago. I think the heart thing started back in around 1999 or 2000 after I used that dangerous medication they gave me for Scabies. I can't think of what it's called now.

Char

Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

And I don't have ins. to go anywhere else.

Char

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!

Not to mention, my damn doctor at the VA won't let me see

my cardiologist who is also at the VA because she thinks it's just my iron and potassium and gives me pills for those.

I keep telling her it's not just that but she holds her breath and hopes she's right.

Char

When I have an increased heart rate, yes, I have crushing

pain in my left arm. And I take an aspirin and it all goes

away until the aspirin wears off and then it starts again.

But like when I'm out shoveling or just in the house, I have

the pain over my heart and in my left shoulder but it's not as

crushing and my heart isn't going out of control.

I should say, I also have a muscle in that arm that acts up

too and plus my pain over my heart will sometimes go away when I use my inhaler so it's very confusing and scary to me.

Char

Oh now that pisses me off, they have soo much dam control over our health care especially those of you in the military!

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 12:23 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

Not to mention, my damn doctor at the VA won't let me see

my cardiologist who is also at the VA because she thinks it's just my iron and potassium and gives me pills for those.

I keep telling her it's not just that but she holds her breath and hopes she's right.

Char

I have that too! Makes taking my asthma meds a real challenge but's either breath or die. My heart surely goes out to you I wish we lived closer I'd make sure your walk way and such get's cleared. THANK GOD my fil and bil plow up our and shovel me every snow fall! I can't handle it at all and they are soo good about watching out for me! I really should count my blessings

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 12:17 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Can I have pnemonia w/o a fever

My 17 yr old son has Parxymal Supraventricular Tachia

Cardia and his cardiologist says I probably have it too because my heard does the same thing. But the docs

can't catch mine because mine goes so fast, I have to

take aspirin and I have to take it for some times weeks at a time cause it keeps coming back when the aspirin wear off.

And I get that crushing pain in my left arm real bad when I have that. Yesterday when I was out shoveling I had a bad pain over my heart and in my left arm just for a moment.

So, I only did light shoveling after that for a 15 mins or so then went in and sat for the rest of the evening. See, I had

these heart problems before I was diagnosed with Asthma a couple years ago. I think the heart thing started back in around 1999 or 2000 after I used that dangerous medication they gave me for Scabies. I can't think of what it's called now.

Char

I got my kids but my daughter has a learning disorder and doesn't do well with much and my oldest son is going to have the ablation soon. The 11 yr old, he's too young too do much shoveling.

Yeah, they make sure all hospitals know so they won't help me either. Get no help because of them.