RemedySpot.com

My Asthma is acting up because it's very cold!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sometimes I get a pain in my arm and it goes down my arm to my hand, pain over my heart and in my back behind my heart and sometimes on the left side too. I thought it was my arm acting up and sometimes I have heart problems with that left arm feeling like that but my heart wasn't going fast, so I figured it wasn't my heart. So, I used my steroids and inhaler and the pain goes away. I get so confused over the different symptoms of asthma.

Either this summer or next summer the kids and I are moving to south carolina. I can't wait. Is that area for asthma better than Washington state. Anyone know?

My son has asthma. A couple years ago the asthma doc put him on steroids and his asthma was way, way worse when they put him on steroids. I took him off them. The steroids work for me though. He doesn't have asthma nearly as bad as mine. He's almost 12. I can go about 3/4 of the year without steroids. Maybe not quite that long but it's winter and night air that bother me. I had asthma as a child and mine disappeared for 45 + years but now it's been back for a couple years. We only have one pediatric pulmonologist in our city unfortunately. I wish there were other options for my son but the pulmonologist said there wasn't. Anyone have the same problem?

Char

I have chest pain with mine as well. Actually it is the reason I am

up and on the computer at 4:30 in the morning. I woke up about an

hour ago with the chest pain. Although my doc looks at me like I am

nuts. I guess it is not all that common. However, I have some

permanent muscle damage in my lower lungs, and they think the pain is

caused by my muscles " seizing " rather than the inflammation associated

with asthma. They think the inflammation aggravates the muscles until

they seize. Then I can really get into big time trouble if I don't do

breathing treatments immediately!

I feel for you with your son. Although I can't be any help there as I

have absolutely no experience with pediatric asthma. Mine has been

adult onset, and my kids show absolutely no signs of any type of

breathing issues. I hope they get it figured out for him. You are

right though. Steroids are not the answer for everyone and they

should not be used lightly in any dosage. I have so many other health

issues that are directly related to the steroids......

Madeline

>

> Sometimes I get a pain in my arm and it goes down my arm to my hand,

pain over my heart and in my back behind my heart and sometimes on the

left side too. I thought it was my arm acting up and sometimes I have

heart problems with that left arm feeling like that but my heart

wasn't going fast, so I figured it wasn't my heart. So, I used my

steroids and inhaler and the pain goes away. I get so confused over

the different symptoms of asthma.

>

> Either this summer or next summer the kids and I are moving to south

carolina. I can't wait. Is that area for asthma better than

Washington state. Anyone know?

>

> My son has asthma. A couple years ago the asthma doc put him on

steroids and his asthma was way, way worse when they put him on

steroids. I took him off them. The steroids work for me though. He

doesn't have asthma nearly as bad as mine. He's almost 12. I can go

about 3/4 of the year without steroids. Maybe not quite that long but

it's winter and night air that bother me. I had asthma as a child and

mine disappeared for 45 + years but now it's been back for a couple

years. We only have one pediatric pulmonologist in our city

unfortunately. I wish there were other options for my son but the

pulmonologist said there wasn't. Anyone have the same problem?

>

> Char

>

Hi Char,

I know what you are going through with the chest pain. I went to the ER a few years ago with pain and ended up having a heart cath. I guess they thought that with a family history of heart disease and my being overweight, they'd just do this. NO DISEASE was found. Just no potassium. That said, Please, do not ignore the chest pain. It'd better to have it checked and waste the money for a visit than to blow it off and have a heart attack.

Next, I just moved from an area near s and Greenville, SC. It is an absolutely beautiful area. It also played a part in my escalating asthama. For me, it was not the place to be, so I moved back home to Alaska. The cold has never bothered me before, but not now. Can't breathe here, can't afford to move yet, and life goes on........ You and your son may both do well in SC, both may suffer, one thrive and one not. Each person's disease reacts somewhat differently than the next person's. No lear answers here. Sory.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:47:24 PMSubject: My Asthma is acting up because it's very cold!

Sometimes I get a pain in my arm and it goes down my arm to my hand, pain over my heart and in my back behind my heart and sometimes on the left side too. I thought it was my arm acting up and sometimes I have heart problems with that left arm feeling like that but my heart wasn't going fast, so I figured it wasn't my heart. So, I used my steroids and inhaler and the pain goes away. I get so confused over the different symptoms of asthma.

Either this summer or next summer the kids and I are moving to south carolina. I can't wait. Is that area for asthma better than Washington state. Anyone know?

My son has asthma. A couple years ago the asthma doc put him on steroids and his asthma was way, way worse when they put him on steroids. I took him off them. The steroids work for me though. He doesn't have asthma nearly as bad as mine. He's almost 12. I can go about 3/4 of the year without steroids. Maybe not quite that long but it's winter and night air that bother me. I had asthma as a child and mine disappeared for 45 + years but now it's been back for a couple years. We only have one pediatric pulmonologist in our city unfortunately. I wish there were other options for my son but the pulmonologist said there wasn't. Anyone have the same problem?

Char