RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello from a new member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was told by my Doctor that Asthma has flareups and flareups can last for several years, but if you continue to take your medicine and work with your doctor, you can get it under control and go back to normal. Patience is difficult, but don't give up and you will get there again. If you have allergies, have you started your allergy treatments yet? I was so hopeful that I had allergies. I am one of those unlucky ones who don't have a reason for my Asthma except for genetics, so I have nothing to do except be afraid until I can get it under control. Can you believe my insurance company called me to ask me when I was going to get my asthma under control?

Hello from a new member

I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies all my life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recent symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that I couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but I still feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a new symptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is no wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RX for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded 55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that's hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'm trying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!

I rarely ever wheeze when I have an asthma attack, I just go straight to difficulty breathing. Occassionally I will wheeze at night, but I have had an acute asthma attack and didn't wheeze once.

Hello from a new member

I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies all my life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recent symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that I couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but I still feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a new symptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is no wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RX for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded 55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that's hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'm trying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!

He told you to stay away from the barn due to the mold!!!!! If you have

Hay/Straw in the barn you have mold spores and THAT WILL SET YOU OFF EVEN IF

IT'S NOT BEING MOVED! SO stay out of that barn girl!

I understand about being independent, boy do I, I am too and very stubborn

at times, but I think the asthma is more stubborn than I am so I listen when

it flairs up. Sounds like your dr is headed in the right direction with you

with the Steroids give it a few days and you'll notice a difference!

Words of encouragement? You've come to the right group! Welcome with OPEN

arms and ask and fuss away that's what the group is here for.

Merry Christmas

Terry

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He

didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program

Established August of 1992

Hello from a new member

I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies all

my life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recent

symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that I

couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but I

still feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a new

symptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.

This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is no

wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RX

for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.

LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded

55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that's

hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal.

I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'm

trying to be patient.

Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!

------------------------------------

peanut butter and day old bread have mold too.

I feel better tonight. I guess the anti-flamitory is wearing off thank goodness.

Char

RE: Hello from a new member

He told you to stay away from the barn due to the mold!!!!! If you haveHay/Straw in the barn you have mold spores and THAT WILL SET YOU OFF EVEN IFIT'S NOT BEING MOVED! SO stay out of that barn girl!I understand about being independent, boy do I, I am too and very stubbornat times, but I think the asthma is more stubborn than I am so I listen whenit flairs up. Sounds like your dr is headed in the right direction with youwith the Steroids give it a few days and you'll notice a difference!Words of encouragement? You've come to the right group! Welcome with OPENarms and ask and fuss away that's what the group is here for.Merry Christmas Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that Hedidn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992-----Original Message-----From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf OfmamakaneSent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:09 AMTo: asthma Subject: Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------------------------------

asthmatics as a rule are NOT suppose to use any anti inflamanatory meds. It'll set me off ever darn time, and I think that's what happened to you tonight.

Very good point about peanutbutter and day old bread

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:35 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

peanut butter and day old bread have mold too.

I feel better tonight. I guess the anti-flamitory is wearing off thank goodness.

Char

He told you to stay away from the barn due to the mold!!!!! If you haveHay/Straw in the barn you have mold spores and THAT WILL SET YOU OFF EVEN IFIT'S NOT BEING MOVED! SO stay out of that barn girl!I understand about being independent, boy do I, I am too and very stubbornat times, but I think the asthma is more stubborn than I am so I listen whenit flairs up. Sounds like your dr is headed in the right direction with youwith the Steroids give it a few days and you'll notice a difference!Words of encouragement? You've come to the right group! Welcome with OPENarms and ask and fuss away that's what the group is here for.Merry Christmas Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that Hedidn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992-----Original Message-----From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf OfmamakaneSent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:09 AMTo: asthma Subject: Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------------------------------

I never knew asthmatics weren't suppose to use anti inflamitories. Where could I read about that? I was feeling

great till I took it. It wore off thank goodness. Heck with the snow shoveling tonight. We have over 3 ft and got more today and tomarrow 8 or more inches. I could just cry!

Char

My dr told me I use to take Motrin all the time, nothing else worked and then with the torn ligament and such with my left wrist they'd originally put me on Anti inflammatory meds OMG that sent me to the ER quick! It's frustrating for my hand surgeon because that's what will help my hand but we have to use pain meds instead. I think if you go under www.webmd.com you'll find what I'm telling you to be true

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 12:01 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

I never knew asthmatics weren't suppose to use anti inflamitories. Where could I read about that? I was feeling

great till I took it. It wore off thank goodness. Heck with the snow shoveling tonight. We have over 3 ft and got more today and tomarrow 8 or more inches. I could just cry!

Char

not all asthmatics are allergic to the anti inflamitories...I can take

Motrim, aspirin, and others with no problems. I don't like tylenol,

because it does not seem to work for me.

Cindi

adanaturkey8385@... wrote:

I never knew asthmatics weren't

suppose to use anti inflamitories. Where could I read about that? I

was feeling

great till I took it. It wore off

thank goodness. Heck with the snow shoveling tonight. We have over 3

ft and got more today and tomarrow 8 or more inches. I could just cry!

Char

-----

Original Message -----

Terry

To:

asthma

Sent:

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:37 PM

Subject:

asthmatics as a rule are

NOT suppose to use any anti inflamanatory meds. It'll set me off ever

darn time, and I think that's what happened to you tonight.

Very good point about

peanutbutter and day old bread

Terry

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that

He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

asthma [mailto:asthma ] On

Behalf Of adanaturkey8385webband

Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:35 PM

To: asthma

Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

peanut butter and day old bread

have mold too.

I feel better tonight. I guess

the anti-flamitory is wearing off thank goodness.

Char

-----

Original Message -----

Terry

To:

asthma

Sent:

Wednesday, December 24, 2008 6:43 PM

Subject:

He told you to stay away from the barn due to the mold!!!!! If

you have

Hay/Straw in the barn you have mold spores and THAT WILL SET YOU OFF

EVEN IF

IT'S NOT BEING MOVED! SO stay out of that barn girl!

I understand about being independent, boy do I, I am too and very

stubborn

at times, but I think the asthma is more stubborn than I am so I listen

when

it flairs up. Sounds like your dr is headed in the right direction with

you

with the Steroids give it a few days and you'll notice a difference!

Words of encouragement? You've come to the right group! Welcome with

OPEN

arms and ask and fuss away that's what the group is here for.

Merry Christmas

Terry

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He

didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

Hello from a new member

I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies

all

my life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recent

symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that I

couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but I

still feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a new

symptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.

This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is no

wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me

a RX

for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.

LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded

55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that's

hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal.

I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so

I'm

trying to be patient.

Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!

------------------------------------

I havne't heard of that either. I wonder why?

You must have the type of Asthma I have. I can't hear the

wheezing from my mouth, just my back. I don't have difficulty breathing usu. until my arms and legs grow tired and hard to move.

\

Char

Hello from a new member

I can take an anti inflammatory it doesn't bother me, but the weller I get the stronger my sensitivities are.

I had a nice issue away for the weekend with a vanilla scented tree and cologne, I was like it is very nice but can you please throw out your tree and wash off your cologne, nice date I was! Then over Christmas week, I had to ask my friends not to use their fire place, asthma is tough because not only does it effect you but it affects everyone around you.

Char

Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly

concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------ --------- --------- ------

Yeah, I get a lot of fatique. You are right. I don't often realize that I am oxygen deprived until I am horribly fatiqued, It seems that I just adjust my breathing to what I can do. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatique, but I really think it is the Asthma, even though I have never really heard of anyone being that tired from asthma until recently.

Hello from a new member

I'm not sure what type I have, but I know that I should have been diagnosed with it as a kid, I thought I was bad at sports when I was young, but I just couldn't build up my stamina because I couldn't breath and didn't realize it. I also don't have any allergies at all. In fact, they just did delayed reaction testing for allergies and food issues, but nothing.

Hello from a new member

Isn't that the truth. I feel bad because I reported someone to the county for using their fireplace the other day. I stood it for a while to see if my beathing got any better, and then when it got stronger, I called. I felt bad, and by the time I was calling the county I was in tears. It was a bad air day, and it is illegal to burn on bad air days anyway. Plus, why do people have to use wood, there is are good logs that you can burn that you can buy that pollute and smoke less. They last a lot longer. Its not like we live in a wooded area, for goodness sakes, I live in sdale, AZ. Its not like you even need the fireplace.

Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------ --------- --------- ------

Sounds like the old myth of asthmatics wheezing isn't so huh !!! I rarely wheeze, my voice changes and my pf #'s drop

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 8:33 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

I rarely ever wheeze when I have an asthma attack, I just go straight to difficulty breathing. Occassionally I will wheeze at night, but I have had an acute asthma attack and didn't wheeze once.

Hello from a new member

I always took Motrin too took care of everything. Now it set's my asthma off as well as all the anti inflammatory meds, seems the more I pay attention to the attacks and patterns and what I've been around etc, the more I find what really set's it off

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Rodney & CindiSent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 11:33 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

not all asthmatics are allergic to the anti inflamitories...I can take Motrim, aspirin, and others with no problems. I don't like tylenol, because it does not seem to work for me.Cindiadanaturkey8385@... wrote:

Char

I know, I just remove myself quietly instead of making any issues out of it.

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of M GSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 12:49 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

I can take an anti inflammatory it doesn't bother me, but the weller I get the stronger my sensitivities are.

I had a nice issue away for the weekend with a vanilla scented tree and cologne, I was like it is very nice but can you please throw out your tree and wash off your cologne, nice date I was! Then over Christmas week, I had to ask my friends not to use their fire place, asthma is tough because not only does it effect you but it affects everyone around you.

Char

Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------ --------- --------- ------

I've never taken aspirin, but I generally have no issues with ibuprofen. Having said that, I tend to steer clear when my asthma is playing up, just to be on the safe side, but when my asthma is okay, then I'll take ibuprofen. Annoyingly enough, my asthma flared up at the same time as I was on a course at a uni over summer, adn the beds in halls had very soft comfy mattresses... that did nothing for my bad back - just when I needed the ibuprofen I couldn't take it...

My previous flatmate didn't take it, but then she found out that one of her friends, who has quite severe asthma, carried on taking it and was fine - this friend was a trainee (now qualified) doctor. Here the reccommendation on the box is not to not take it if you are asthmatic, but to consult a doctor first. I was advised to take ibuprofen for a joint problem at the same time as being diagnosed with asthma.

Jenn

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Char

Hello from a new memberI've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had allergies allmy life. I never realized until this month that some of my more recentsymptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being the coughing that Icouldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the coughing spells, but Istill feel like I can't breath more than a half breath, which is a newsymptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is nowheezing, so he doesn't seem overly

concerned. Yesterday he did give me a RXfor prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from the barn.LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and that'shard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, so I'mtrying to be patient.Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!------------ --------- --------- ------

I'm just like that, really tired and then I know it's the asthma.

I had asked my doc just like a month ago if I could have

Chronic Fatique and they said I could. It was just my asthma though. I hadn't started taking my steroids yet,

just the other meds. See, I only take the steroids usually Jan - around April. I sleep constantly when an attack is coming on if I'm not on steroids.

Char

Hello from a new member

I sometimes wonder if I was misdiagnosed with CFS. There is no real test for CFS. After a couple of years, the virus leaves your body, if you have the kind started by a virus. I'm just so frustrated in trying to control my Asthma, so much easier during the summer, as opposed to the cold dry months. I've missed so much work lately that I can completely concerned about losing my job.

Hello from a new member

Mom says from 0-5yrs, I had a hard time breathing but they called it Broncitis back then. That was 45-49 yrs ago as I'm 49 now. They said I had all kinds of allergies and now they are all supposedly gone. I don't believe they are gone for one moment.

I don't know what type I have either. I don't know if anyone knows which type they have actually. My pulmonoligist says it doesn't matter what kind because it's still asthma. Well, it would be nice to know!

Char

Hello from a new member

Oh Lord girl, let me tell you I've been fighting this asthma mess for a few weeks now and am up at all hours of the night, take cat naps when My body crashes, I don't want another dose of antibiotics so I'm trying everything I have including OTC stuff to help get rid of this but I swear I think it's the air. I'd love to get back to feeling asthma free

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Friday, December 26, 2008 12:59 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

Yeah, I get a lot of fatique. You are right. I don't often realize that I am oxygen deprived until I am horribly fatiqued, It seems that I just adjust my breathing to what I can do. I was diagnosed with Chronic Fatique, but I really think it is the Asthma, even though I have never really heard of anyone being that tired from asthma until recently.

Hello from a new member

I'm having a bad attack tonight. No amount of meds are helping. It's going outside today that set me off.

Char

Oh Lord girl, let me tell you I've been fighting this asthma mess for a few weeks now and am up at all hours of the night, take cat naps when My body crashes, I don't want another dose of antibiotics so I'm trying everything I have including OTC stuff to help get rid of this but I swear I think it's the air. I'd love to get back to feeling asthma free

Fatigue is a definite symptom of asthma. Most of us here fight it

when we are having flare ups. Don't fight it. It takes huge

amounts of energy from your body just trying to breathe. Nap when

you can. Feel better soon!

Madeline

>

> Oh Lord girl, let me tell you I've been fighting this asthma mess

for a few

> weeks now and am up at all hours of the night, take cat naps when

My body

> crashes, I don't want another dose of antibiotics so I'm trying

everything I

> have including OTC stuff to help get rid of this but I swear I

think it's

> the air. I'd love to get back to feeling asthma free

>

>

> Terry

> I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish

that He

> didn't trust me so much. ~Mother

> Teddy Bear's Early Learning Program

> Established August of 1992

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On

Behalf Of

> Mendez

> Sent: Friday, December 26, 2008 12:59 PM

> To: asthma

> Subject: Re: Hello from a new member

>

>

> Yeah, I get a lot of fatique. You are right. I don't often realize

that I

> am oxygen deprived until I am horribly fatiqued, It seems that I

just adjust

> my breathing to what I can do. I was diagnosed with Chronic

Fatique, but I

> really think it is the Asthma, even though I have never really

heard of

> anyone being that tired from asthma until recently.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Hello from a new member

>

>

> I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had

> allergies all my life. I never realized until this month that some

> of my more recent symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being

> the coughing that I couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the

> coughing spells, but I still feel like I can't breath more than a

> half breath, which is a new symptom beyond my usual allergy

symptoms.

>

> This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is

no

> wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did

give

> me a RX for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from

> the barn.

>

> LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded

> 55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and

> that's hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal.

>

> I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life,

> so I'm trying to be patient.

>

> Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!

>

Wow, so maybe I was misdiagnosed with Chronic Fatique. I get so tired that I can barely focus on anything and I can barely function at all.

Hello from a new member> > > I've been reading and finding lots of helpful posts! I've had > allergies all my life. I never realized until this month that some > of my more recent symptoms were Asthma. The most bothersome, being > the coughing that I couldn't stop. The asthma meds take care of the > coughing spells, but I still feel like I can't breath more than a > half breath, which is a new symptom beyond my usual allergy symptoms.> > This shortness of breath is scary to me. The doctor says their is no > wheezing, so he doesn't seem overly concerned. Yesterday he did give > me a RX for prednisone for 10 days. And told me to stay away from > the barn.> > LOL! It is so hard for me to change my lifestyle. I'm a hardheaded > 55 year old. I've had to ask my husband to do things for me, and > that's hard. He's very willing, but I'm an independent gal. > > I know there are people with asthma that lead a normal ACTIVE life, > so I'm trying to be patient.> > Any words of encouragement or advice are welcome!>