RemedySpot.com

RE: Cats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I absolutely adore my cat. My heart will break when he dies.

Re: Cats

OMG, that would be me. I was about to die over the cat I had.. After a couple of episodes, the cats had to go, along with the carpet.. The improvement in my allergies/asthma was amazing!!!!!Get rid of your cats.. this is no humanitarian matter, you only got two lungs.. trust me, you'll be breathing a sigh of relief (pun intended;-)Sal-------------- Original message ----------------------From: <adanaturkey8385webband>> I have 3 cats and don't want to get rid of them. > Anyone told they were not allergic to cats but gotten rid of their cats and it > made a difference in your asthma?> > Char

I have to agree with you. I have my Chocolate Lab outside, I play with her everyday (weather permitting) I'll never get rid of my lab, she's my girl! But I do take all precautions due to my allergies I play with her when I know I have time to take a shower and change my clothes, that means playing soccer, throwing the stick etc! Like I said I DO miss my KeyCat but her new owners send me pictures now once a month so it's not so bad and she's soo happy where she is, she has a playmate!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:38 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Cats

No flames from this front. We don't have indoor pets just for the reason you stated. We do have a golden retriever who stays outside. Even so, we find little golden fuzz bunnies under the furniture, in the corners, etc. Animals are such a personal issue. They do bring alot of love and enjoyment to folks. I am with you though, if I were not a family guy, I'd have a house without an animal. Boils down to personal choices.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 1:33:49 PMSubject: Re: Cats

This may sound insensitive, and I know I am not an animal lover, but really: My opinion (and it is just that) is that anyone with asthma who has animals in the home is doing him or herself a disservice. Even if you're not actually allergic to cats, having fur around to inhale, or dander around to rub your face in, or the dust that accumulates from the hair on the floor...it's just asking for trouble. An asthmatic's house should be as clean and clear as possible, and pets just make it harder to keep things clean.

My two cents. Flame away, if you must.adanaturkey8385@ webband.com wrote:

I have had several allergy tests over the years and never shown a positive to cats.

Char

Cats

I have 3 cats and don't want to get rid of them.

Anyone told they were not allergic to cats but gotten rid of their cats and it made a difference in your asthma?

Char

____________ _________ Penzer Kerekesekerekesyahoo (DOT) com

No Flaming everyone is entitled to their opinions and they are to be respected!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Penzer KerekesSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 5:34 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Cats

This may sound insensitive, and I know I am not an animal lover, but really: My opinion (and it is just that) is that anyone with asthma who has animals in the home is doing him or herself a disservice. Even if you're not actually allergic to cats, having fur around to inhale, or dander around to rub your face in, or the dust that accumulates from the hair on the floor...it's just asking for trouble. An asthmatic's house should be as clean and clear as possible, and pets just make it harder to keep things clean.

My two cents. Flame away, if you must.adanaturkey8385@... wrote:

I have had several allergy tests over the years and never shown a positive to cats.

Char

can't say on that one, that was the first thing I was told I was allergic to was my cat the very next day she had a new home and I've had cats since I was a small child. Did you actually have allergy testing to prove you weren't allergic to cats?

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385webbandSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:42 AMTo: asthma Subject: Cats

Anyone told they were not allergic to cats but gotten rid of their cats and it made a difference in your asthma?

Char

_____________________ Penzer Kerekesekerekes@...

I didn't think I could either but after that round in the ER Man it was a life or death choice point blank but I am also allergic to cats and dogs as I said.

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 6:05 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Cats

You are right, and after my kitty dies, I most probably won't get another, but he is very old already and was very old when I made him an indoor cat. I just don't have the heart to get rid of the precious kitty.

can't say on that one, that was the first thing I was told I was allergic to was my cat the very next day she had a new home and I've had cats since I was a small child. Did you actually have allergy testing to prove you weren't allergic to cats?

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385webbandSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 3:42 AMTo: asthma Subject: Cats

Char

_____________________ Penzer Kerekesekerekes

How about fish or a Hypoallergenic dog?

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 8:32 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Cats

I live alone, so it will be very hard not to have an animal, but if I feel better it will be great.

Cats

Char

____________ _________ Penzer Kerekesekerekesyahoo (DOT) com

• 3 weeks later...

I know how you feel! We had several cats once too and with my Asthma so bad we tried going down to just one but THAT didnt help one bit. And the drs and vets have said having one cat or several is the same for Asthmatics. If they cause your asthma to act up then even one will. I had to get rid of all of the cats and that helped. Good luck tho.

CAROL CARUSO

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/324801_cleaning24.html

ladyvamp5489@...

Antifungal effects of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and its components on Candida albicans, Candida glabrata and Saccharomyces cerevisiae

K. A. Hammer1,* , C. F. Carson1 and T. V. Riley1,2

1 Microbiology Discipline, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley; 2 Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Western Australian Centre for Pathology and Medical Research, Queen II Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009

To: asthma Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 10:17:26 AMSubject: cats

I have 3 cats and we are trying to decide which ones to get rid of and we are having a hard time so I'm asking for advice.

We have Bootsie, he is the youngest. This is me and my youngest son's, Gavin's, favorite cat;Gavin is almost 12 yrs old and he sleeps with this cat almost every night. He has Asthma too but nothing like mine. My aughter, , 19, likes this cat too. just moved out. But Sassy is her favorite cat. We'd like to keep one cat if possible.

I asked to take Sassy and no cats are allowed where she is staying. I told her to find it a home or away it goes.

Then, there is Sylvester. My 16 yr old son loves this cat.

He says he doesn't like Bootsie and so we shouldn't get rid of his cat. He says Sylvester is downstairs all the time but it's up here alot.

Any ideas? If my attacks continue to be as bad when we have one cat, I'll probably end up getting rid of it too. The pulmonologist is worried that I'm not able to keep this asthma under control in the winter.

adanaturkey8385@ webband.com

Char

As long as I was able to have outdoor cats that came in at night, I never had a problem, but when I had to keep my cats indoors all the time I started having problems.

cats

I have 3 cats and we are trying to decide which ones to get rid of and we are having a hard time so I'm asking for advice.

We have Bootsie, he is the youngest. This is me and my youngest son's, Gavin's, favorite cat;Gavin is almost 12 yrs old and he sleeps with this cat almost every night. He has Asthma too but nothing like mine. My aughter, , 19, likes this cat too. just moved out. But Sassy is her favorite cat. We'd like to keep one cat if possible.

I asked to take Sassy and no cats are allowed where she is staying. I told her to find it a home or away it goes.

Then, there is Sylvester. My 16 yr old son loves this cat.

He says he doesn't like Bootsie and so we shouldn't get rid of his cat. He says Sylvester is downstairs all the time but it's up here alot.

Any ideas? If my attacks continue to be as bad when we have one cat, I'll probably end up getting rid of it too. The pulmonologist is worried that I'm not able to keep this asthma under control in the winter.

adanaturkey8385@ webband.com

Char