RemedySpot.com

true monarch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A monarch was drowned deep in worries up to the neck. When worries drown you, they do it full length; because by the way one of the worries enters, others also get in. He who permits entry to one also unconsciously offers the way to others. For this very reason, women come in crowds. No one ever meets one worry alone. It is surprising that the monarchs are often drowned in worries although in fact only they are the monarchs who become free from all worries. The servitude of worry is so great that even the total power of a monarch cannot wash it off. Perhaps for the same reason, the powers of monarchies also stand in the service of worries.

A man wants to be a monarch for power and independence. But in the end, he finds that nobody is more powerless, dependent and unsuccessful than the monarch; because a person who wants to enslave others, ultimately becomes a slave of slaves himself. That which we want to bind, ultimately succeeds in binding us. For independence, not only freedom from slavery of others, but freedom even from the mentality to enslave others. is also essential. That monarch was also enslaved like others. He had also started to conquer heavens; but after his victory he had found that he was seated on the throne of hell.

Whatever the pride wins ultimately proves to be hell; and pride can never win heaven because heaven is where there is no pride. Now he wanted to be free from self-conquered hell. But it is difficult to attain heaven and easy to lose it; it is easy to reach the hell but difficult to lose it. He wanted to be free from the flames of worry. Who would not like to be so? Who would want to keep sitting on the throne of hell? But whoever wants to sit on a throne will have to sit only on the throne of hell; and remember there is no throne in heaven. Only the thrones of hell look like the thrones of heaven from a distance.

Day and night, sleeping or awake, that monarch was struggling against worries. But with one hand the individual removes his worries and with thousand hands he himself invites them. That monarch had to be free from worries and also become a sovereign monarch. Perhaps he was thinking that after becoming a sovereign he could get rid of all worries. The folly of man keeps on drawing such conclusions. Therefore, he wanted new areas to rule everyday. The setting sun of the evening should not find the boundaries of his kingdom where the rising sun of the morning had found it. He was dreaming of silver and breathing in gold. For life such dreams and such breaths are very dangerous. because the dreams of silver become chains for the breaths and breaths in gold pour poison in the soul.

The stupor resulting from the wine of ambition can be broken up only by death. The afternoon of the monarchs life was over. Life was on the other side of the day. Death had started sending its messengers. Strength was going down every day and worries were increasing. His life was in danger. What a man sows in youth, he reaps its harvest in old age. The seeds of poison do not trouble you at the time of sowing; they trouble you only when the harvest is reaped. Those who can see this misery in the seed itself do not sow it. You cannot get rid of the seed after it is sown; the harvest has to be cut. There is no escape from it. That monarch also stood in the midst of the harvest sown by himself. To escape it, he thought of even committing suicide. But the greed of being a monarch and the hope of being a universal monarch in future would not allow even that. Life he could loose; he had actually lost it; But it was beyond his power to give up monarchy. That desire itself was his life; and only such desires, as look like life, destroy the latter. One day, to get rid of his worries he went over to the greenery at the foot of the hills; but it was more difficult to run away from worries than to run away from the funeral pyre. One may be able to run away from his funeral pyre but not from the worry because the funeral pyre is outside and the worry is inside.

Whatever is inside is always with you. Wherever you are, it is there. Without changing the self from the very roots, there is no escape from it. The monarch was riding away in the forest. Suddenly he heard the tune of a flute There was something in the tune so that he suddenly stopped and turned his horse towards that music. Near a hilly fall, under the shade of a tree, a young shepherd was playing on the flute and dancing. The sheep were resting nearby. The monarch told him: "You appear to be so happy as though you have found monarchy?". That young man said: "please pray that God does not give me a monarchy; because at this moment I am a monarch but when monarchy is achieved nobody remains a monarch." The monarch was surprised and asked: "Let me hear what you possess which makes you a monarch?" That young man said: "It is not with wealth but independence that a person becomes a monarch. I have nothing except myself. I have myself with me and there is no wealth bigger than that, and then I am not able to think what is not with me but is with the monarch. I have eyes to see beauty, I have a heart to love and I have ability to enter into prayer. The light that the sun gives me is no less than the light he gives to a monarch; and the light that the moon showers on me is no less than what she showers on a monarch. The beautiful flowers blossom as much for us as for the monarch. The monarch eats to his fill, and covers his body; I also do the same.

Then what is there with a monarch which is not with me? perhaps the worries of a monarch. But may God save me from them.. A funeral pyre is better than worries. There are, on the other hand, many other things with me which are not with a monarch: my independence, my soul, my happiness, my dance, my music. I am happy with what I am; and therefore I am a monarch. The monarch heard the views of the young man and said: "Dear young man, what you say is right Go and tell everybody in the village that the monarch also said the same thing."