RemedySpot.com

DEHUMIDFIER

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I started to use a dehumidifier in my room, I read that it was good for the respiratory system. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences?

Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthma Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

Same here. What hurts/helps one does not necessarily have the same effect on the next.

From: Kay <hottrinbago72_ 99yahoo (DOT) com>To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AMSubject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam really feels good to me going to my lungs.

I use one in my daycare and had BIG improvements in the air quality and my breathing. I stopped using it since the air has gotten so dry around here. Do you feel it's helping you? If so keep using it

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of M GSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 5:01 PMTo: asthma Subject: DEHUMIDFIER

I started to use a dehumidifier in my room, I read that it was good for the respiratory system. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences?

From: McBride <mike.dmcbride>Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthma Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

Same here. What hurts/helps one does not necessarily have the same effect on the next.

From: Kay <hottrinbago72_ 99yahoo (DOT) com>To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AMSubject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam really feels good to me going to my lungs.

Mine is skwed: I've had 5 sinus surgeries. I have to have a humidifier in order to keep my sinuses moist. The trouple is, the humidity promotes mold, which triggers allergies . . . . . .

Personally, I do well with a fair bit of humidity, say 50% plus. Your mileage may differ.

Mike

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:00:38 PMSubject: DEHUMIDFIER

From: McBride <mike.dmcbride@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

actually I had to have a humidifier..not a dehumidifier......I do

better with more humidity. I get bad bloody noses too if the humidity

goes to low. Also, if it goes to low, I have to use mucinex.

Cindi

M G wrote:

I started to use a dehumidifier in my room, I read that it

was good for the respiratory system. Does anyone have any positive or

negative experiences?

McBride <mike.dmcbride>

Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

To: asthma

Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

Same here. What hurts/helps one does not necessarily

have the same effect on the next.

99yahoo (DOT) com>

To:

asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com

Sent: Tuesday,

December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AM

Subject: Re:

Hot showers and asthma

I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam

really feels good to me going to my lungs.

Hi . Same thing as in the shower. Humidity is good for my

lungs. So, a dehumidifier would not be a good thing for me. I have

also been advised to stay away from very dry climates such as Arizona

etc. In fact, I tend to use humidifiers in the winter as heaters dry

out the air. It all depends on how you in particular handle the humidity.

Madeline

>

>

> Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

> To: asthma

> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Same here.  What hurts/helps one does not necessarily have the same

effect on the next.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> From: Kay <hottrinbago72_ 99yahoo (DOT) com>

> To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com

> Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AM

> Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

>    I feel wonderful in hot showers.  the steam really feels good to

me going to my lungs. 

>

Same here I've too had a total of 5 IF we have to go back in (constant ongoing problem with polyp growth) than the entire lining will be stripped, Not sure what that will mean for the sinus but I just hope that doesn't happen.

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of McBrideSent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 7:03 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: DEHUMIDFIER

Mine is skwed: I've had 5 sinus surgeries. I have to have a humidifier in order to keep my sinuses moist. The trouple is, the humidity promotes mold, which triggers allergies . . . . . .

Personally, I do well with a fair bit of humidity, say 50% plus. Your mileage may differ.

Mike

From: M G <mgaul>To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 1:00:38 PMSubject: DEHUMIDFIER

From: McBride <mike.dmcbride@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthmaTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

I think I wrote wrong I have a humidfier, BUT when it rains and get humid, I can't breath I have a hard time. But I have had it my room and it definately helps because I hate the dry heat in the room sometimes I close off my vents.

Subject: Re: DEHUMIDFIERTo: asthma Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 3:24 AM

Hi . Same thing as in the shower. Humidity is good for mylungs. So, a dehumidifier would not be a good thing for me. I havealso been advised to stay away from very dry climates such as Arizonaetc. In fact, I tend to use humidifiers in the winter as heaters dryout the air. It all depends on how you in particular handle the humidity.Madeline> > From: McBride <mike.dmcbride@ ...>> Subject: Re:

Hot showers and asthma> To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com> Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM> > > > > > > > > Same here. What hurts/helps one does not necessarily have the sameeffect on the next.> > > > > > > From: Kay <hottrinbago72_ 99yahoo (DOT) com>> To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com> Sent: Tuesday, December 9, 2008 11:27:43 AM> Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthma> I feel wonderful in hot showers. the steam really feels good tome going to my lungs. >

It may not be the humidity with weather systems. I have issues with

changing barometric pressures as fronts are coming through.

Madeline

> >

> > From: McBride <mike.dmcbride@ ...>

> > Subject: Re: Hot showers and asthma

> > To: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com

> > Date: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 3:37 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >