Re: ..location

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,

I feel for you, and completely understand!!!! I wish I could

help....even the inhalers that I was doing four times a day did not

totally ease the symptoms. I did not move because of health....I moved

for other reasons, and it was after I moved that I realized what a bad

situation it is for any asthmatic to be living in all that pollution!

It is unlike other pollutions because of the inversion in the

winter...the ozone is totally out of control as well. I am sure that

there are other big cities who have pollution...but it is that Arizona

hot air inversion on top of cold dirty air that is really bad for

lungs. Emphezema would be something that I would have to deal with had

I stayed there.......I am glad I got out. I have two kids there, and

when I visit them I notice immediately the breathing problems. I keep

thinking that eventually I want to move back there, like in Apache

Junction, because I really do not like cold...I liked the 110 plus

heat, but I remember the problems I had, and I think twice about that

little fantasy in my head. This desert rat has asthma, so has to think

about that one!

love,

Cindi

Mendez wrote:

Yeah, I am completely miserable

during the winter. Absolutely miserablem, and tomorrow is another bad

air day. I really don't know what I am going to do if I lose my job

because of all this.

-----

Original Message -----

Rodney & Cindi

To:

asthma

Sent:

Sunday, December 28, 2008 3:58 PM

Subject:

I do not have a problem with Arizona as a "state" to live in

with my asthma. I did have a problem with the Phoenix metro area

(including the sdale area where lives) with my asthma the

25 years I lived there. I did not deal well with the extreme pollution

and ozone problems. I am finding that where we live which is very

rural, and no where near a big city to be ok with my asthma. Phoenix is

in a valley, and temperature inversion occurs in the winter, and holds

down all the yukky pollution. I did have the hardest time in the winter

while I lived there.

Cindi

Mendez wrote:

That is pretty much where I am

at. I can barely even leave my apartment, I am terrified of losing my

jobs. I've gained over 100 pounds since I moved here. Whre do you

live now. You are giving me hope. I have considered living in

Portland moving to Portland. It would take some work to get it done,

but I am pretty desperate.

Thank you,

-----

Original Message -----

carol caruso

To:

asthma

Sent:

Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:27 AM

Subject:

I too had HORRIBLE Asthma control in AZ! I was even so

bad they told me i would be dead within a yr if i didnt leave AZ! here

i am in OR 3.5 yrs later and 110 lbs less and off 2 meds, and my SEVERE

asthma has been downgraded to mild/moderate!! I would NEVER live

min AZ again unless i had to!! My Asthma was just WAY TOO BAD there!

CAROL CARUSO

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/324801_cleaning24.html

ladyvamp5489

Antifungal

effects of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and its components on

Candida albicans, Candida glabrata and Saccharomyces cerevisiae

K. A. Hammer1,* , C.

F. Carson1 and T. V. Riley1,2

1 Microbiology Discipline,

School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of

Western Australia, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley; 2

Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Western Australian

Centre for Pathology and Medical Research, Queen II Medical

Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009

Mendez <luvbooks1>

To:

asthma

Sent: Sunday,

December 28, 2008 7:03:09 AM

Subject: Re:

..location

I live in sdale, and I

mostly had my asthma under control until I moved to Arizona.

-----

Original Message -----

Rodney & Cindi

To:

asthmayahoogroups (DOT)

com

Sent:

Saturday, December 27, 2008 6:23 PM

Subject:

..location

Hi ...somehow I missed what part of Arizona you

live in? I had

lived in the Phoenix metro area for 25 years...had three of my four

kids

there so many years ago.

Cindi

Bad air days are really frequent where you live, and disability is a

long hard road. I am not sure what you do for work, but my suggestion

is to be really good at what you do, see if you can do any of it at

home? Is there any way you can do some work at home? I did find that

keeping my windows completely closed in my vehicle to and from work,

and spending minimal time in the air helped...depending on the job you

do. Can you tell me again what you do for work?

Cindi

Mendez wrote:

Oh, I have an agreement with my boss

that I don't go in on bad air days, and now between my pnuemonia and

bad air days, I haven't been in the office for 3 weeks. Does anyone

have any suggestions on how to protect my job.

-----

Original Message -----

Mendez

To:

asthma

Sent:

Sunday, December 28, 2008 4:38 PM

Subject:

Yeah, I am completely miserable

during the winter. Absolutely miserablem, and tomorrow is another bad

air day. I really don't know what I am going to do if I lose my job

because of all this.

Does Asthma lead to emphazema or COPD or both or neither. How do you figure that out? Is the emphazema and copd mostly for smokers. I was around alot of smoke in my life but I didn't smoke much. I haven't smoked in years.

Char

..location

Hi ...somehow I missed what part of Arizona you live in? I had lived in the Phoenix metro area for 25 years...had three of my four kids there so many years ago.Cindi

Have they told you that you are missing too much work?

Would it fall under discrimination since you have a disability? I'm not sure.

Char

..location

Hi ...somehow I missed what part of Arizona you live in? I had lived in the Phoenix metro area for 25 years...had three of my four kids there so many years ago.Cindi

You can go on line to any medical site and get them and even go to www.amazon.com and put in medical mask and some stuff should come up!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of MendezSent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 9:43 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: ..location

LOL! That would be a good idea, especially since I work in a glass cubicle. It would crack people up. However, my job requires talking a lot, and I mean a lot, and people would get irritated.

Has anyone found a face mask that ties on instead of rubber bands. I am curly hair and somehow my hair gets all tangled up in them.

..location

It sure does. At least I have been getting some work done at home, and a lot of people work from home in our department. Did you go to lawyers when you got laid off.

..location

I live in Eugene! I hear Portland is worse then here for asthmatics, but then i also hear Eugene is one of the worse places for asthmatics. It all Depends on what your triggers are. I did alot of research on this area and with my own triggers i chose Eugene as it has alot of trees and not alot of dust. i love it here!

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

Antifungal effects of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and its components on Candida albicans, Candida glabrata and Saccharomyces cerevisiae

K. A. Hammer1,* , C. F. Carson1 and T. V. Riley1,2

1 Microbiology Discipline, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley; 2 Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Western Australian Centre for Pathology and Medical Research, Queen II Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:20:55 AMSubject: Re: ..location

That is pretty much where I am at. I can barely even leave my apartment, I am terrified of losing my jobs. I've gained over 100 pounds since I moved here. Whre do you live now. You are giving me hope. I have considered living in Portland moving to Portland. It would take some work to get it done, but I am pretty desperate.

Thank you,

..location

If you want, feel free to email me off group and im willing to talk more in depth about how we moved and how we have made it here.

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

Antifungal effects of Melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) oil and its components on Candida albicans, Candida glabrata and Saccharomyces cerevisiae

1 Microbiology Discipline, School of Biomedical and Chemical Sciences, The University of Western Australia, 35 Stirling Hwy, Crawley; 2 Division of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Western Australian Centre for Pathology and Medical Research, Queen II Medical Centre, Nedlands, Western Australia, 6009

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:20:55 AMSubject: Re: ..location

That is pretty much where I am at. I can barely even leave my apartment, I am terrified of losing my jobs. I've gained over 100 pounds since I moved here. Whre do you live now. You are giving me hope. I have considered living in Portland moving to Portland. It would take some work to get it done, but I am pretty desperate.

Thank you,

..location

The heat did, my asthma loves the cold. i was worse in summer!

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 10:25:43 AMSubject: Re: ..location

Did the heat or the cold in Arizona bother you Carol?

Char

..location

It does get cold here in OR, , but not excessivly cold most winters, but most days the air quality is in the good range too! I only have problems when the pollens get in the high range during the summer, i dont think Portland has as much pollen tho as Eugene. It does get humid here alot but its a cool humidity most of the rainy season.

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 11:15:32 AMSubject: Re: ..location

Thats an excellent question to ask her. I seem to do better in the heat, but the air is so bad with all the particles during the winter and in the summer the ozone. I seem to do even better in the humidity. This is a great question before I go off and move. Thanks for the awesome question.

..location

Yes Cindi, Phoenix IS bad so is Tucson ! I couldnt even go spend a day in Phoenix with my Asthma, it would be WAY worse!! I love living in Eugene, it has most of the things a big city has and the ppl are VERY friendly and help one another!

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

To: asthma Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2008 2:58:50 PMSubject: Re: ..location

I do not have a problem with Arizona as a "state" to live in with my asthma. I did have a problem with the Phoenix metro area (including the sdale area where lives) with my asthma the 25 years I lived there. I did not deal well with the extreme pollution and ozone problems. I am finding that where we live which is very rural, and no where near a big city to be ok with my asthma. Phoenix is in a valley, and temperature inversion occurs in the winter, and holds down all the yukky pollution. I did have the hardest time in the winter while I lived there. Cindi Mendez wrote:

Thank you,

..location

Yeah, research is difficult. I don't seem to have actual allergies though.

..location

Thats good you dont have allergies. Yes research can be hard to take the time to do it, but for me it was worth the effort. Good luck with whatever you decide

CAROL CARUSO

ladyvamp5489@...

To: asthma Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 6:42:02 AMSubject: Re: ..location

Yeah, research is difficult. I don't seem to have actual allergies though.

..location