RemedySpot.com

Re: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

LOl! I can hear the cat screams now, and see my ripped flesh. However, maybe I should take him in to the vet for a bath.

Anyone have cats and give them baths?

I once knew a man that had cats and asthma and he always gave his cats baths, always! I don't remember how often he did it but it helped.

IF you keep them the baths are once a week

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:06 PMTo: asthma Subject: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

I once knew a man that had cats and asthma and he always gave his cats baths, always! I don't remember how often he did it but it helped.

I've given cats a bath before. It's been a long time though.

You have to be really careful or they will get some good old flesh.

Char

Anyone have cats and give them baths?

Well, I guess that's not bad as once a day. Anyone know the best way to give them a bath?

Char

RE: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385webbandSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:06 PMTo: asthma Subject: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

Go to the vet and get them antianxiety meds. That might actually work.

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385webbandSent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:06 PMTo: asthma Subject: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

In the sink, it takes 2 people, my hubby would hold her feet and I'd wash her really good then we'd wrap her up in a towel until she settled down

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of adanaturkey8385@...Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 2:26 PMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

Well, I guess that's not bad as once a day. Anyone know the best way to give them a bath?

Char

He he! My daughter just tried to give our little female a bath.

I never saw such a small cat with such strong muscles in my life. I had to give the bath to the cat after all. I'm so worn out now, I'll wait till later and try another one. Sam waited with the towel and I took the 2nd towel and got her drippings.

Char

I am not allergic to my two inside cats, but when I brought the second

one in from the outside to be an inside cat I gave her a bath because

she rolled around outside in grass and weeds, and that was what I was

the most allergic to. I love my cats...could never get rid of them.

Cindi

adanaturkey8385@... wrote:

I once knew a man that had cats and

asthma and he always gave his cats baths, always! I don't remember how

often he did it but it helped.

Bootsie, our other cat looked over the side to see Sassy

getting a bath. He said, what ever you're doing to Bootsie, I don't want any part of it.

Char

We love them horribly too. They are human too. Who knows, maybe they are allergic to us.

Char

I am not allergic to my two inside cats, but when I brought the second one in from the outside to be an inside cat I gave her a bath because she rolled around outside in grass and weeds, and that was what I was the most allergic to. I love my cats...could never get rid of them.Cindiadanaturkey8385webband wrote:

Thank God I can stop keeping my secret.  We have 3 cats, oopppsss,  Furkids,  and if I had to get rid of them I would rather die.  They are family.  I am glad to see others here have cats as I was afraid I would be yelled at by everyone for having them.   Cheryl Burton                     ncicheryl@...                 To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 12:36:18 PMSubject: Re: Anyone have cats and give them baths?

We love them horribly too.  They are human too.  Who knows, maybe they are allergic to us. 

Char

I am not allergic to my two inside cats, but when I brought the second one in from the outside to be an inside cat I gave her a bath because she rolled around outside in grass and weeds, and that was what I was the most allergic to. I love my cats...could never get rid of them.Cindiadanaturkey8385@ webband.com wrote:

I once knew a man that had cats and asthma and he always gave his cats baths, always!  I don't remember how often he did it but it helped. 

You all will think I am absolutely insane here, but I wear an old pair of shorts and a t-shirt when I bathe my girls. I get right in the tub with them...in warm to slightly hot water about neck deep. I was told once that they are calmest in water that comes up to their neck. I rinse them with a large cup that I use to pour the water over them. I do get some scratches, but what I get when Im IN the tub with them, holding them in my lap while I bathe them is much less than what Ive gotten when Im NOT in the tub with them. Definitely have your towel ready for drying and have a couple in place on the floor for when they jump out. Oh...MOST importantly...CLOSE the door!!

I dont bathe them weekly though b/c that will dry out their skin and deplete the oils from their skin that they need. I give them a bath about every 2-3 months. You could do it more often than that but if you brush them regularly and use baby wipes (with no aloe vera or other funky stuff) regularly on them that is enough to keep their dander down. This information came to me from an actual groomer. The baby wipes DO pick up a lot of lose hair so Im sure its picking up the dander too. They make wipes that you can buy at PetSmart or other pet stores but they sell them in packs of 50 or 100 for like 8 or 9 dollars. You can buy essentially the same exact thing in any baby aisle in the grocery store or Wal Mart for half the price (and you get 2x the amount of wipes too).

I did purchase a waterless shampoo at PetSmart though. Its pretty easy to use, you spray them down with it (which is pure torture if you use a squirt bottle to deter them from doing what you dont want them to do) and rub it into their skin, brush them and then towel dry them. This was something like 13.00 but it works great. It also eliminates a lot of the stress of a bonafide bath.

I hope these suggestions help. One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

I had a cat named Simon that would jump in the bath with me! I had to shut my bathroom door to be able to bathe alone! LOL

We got a new kitty 3 weeks ago and I am already bathing him to make sure he stays used to it so we can keep him. I do not think he will bother me, but you never know....

I could see why they'd be calmer with it to their neck.

Char

>

> You all will think I am absolutely insane here, but I wear an old

pair of

> shorts and a t-shirt when I bathe my girls. I get right in the tub

with

> them...in warm to slightly hot water about neck deep. I was told

once that they are

> calmest in water that comes up to their neck. I rinse them with a

large cup

> that I use to pour the water over them. I do get some scratches,

but what I

> get when Im IN the tub with them, holding them in my lap while I

bathe them

> is much less than what Ive gotten when Im NOT in the tub with

them.

> Definitely have your towel ready for drying and have a couple in

place on the floor

> for when they jump out. Oh...MOST importantly...CLOSE the door!!

>

> I dont bathe them weekly though b/c that will dry out their skin

and deplete

> the oils from their skin that they need. I give them a bath about

every 2-3

> months. You could do it more often than that but if you brush

them

> regularly and use baby wipes (with no aloe vera or other funky

stuff) regularly on

> them that is enough to keep their dander down. This information

came to me

> from an actual groomer. The baby wipes DO pick up a lot of lose

hair so Im sure

> its picking up the dander too. They make wipes that you can buy

at PetSmart

> or other pet stores but they sell them in packs of 50 or 100 for

like 8 or 9

> dollars. You can buy essentially the same exact thing in any baby

aisle in

> the grocery store or Wal Mart for half the price (and you get 2x

the amount

> of wipes too).

>

> I did purchase a waterless shampoo at PetSmart though. Its pretty

easy to

> use, you spray them down with it (which is pure torture if you use

a squirt

> bottle to deter them from doing what you dont want them to do) and

rub it into

> their skin, brush them and then towel dry them. This was

something like

> 13.00 but it works great. It also eliminates a lot of the stress

of a bonafide

> bath.

>

> I hope these suggestions help.

> **************One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL

Mail,

> Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

> (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-

dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000025)

>