RemedySpot.com

Re: taking more than prescribed (singulair)... eelovent..side effects?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I have months like you.. Having horrible asthma attacks, breathinig half air I used to. It's been almost 4 months since my asthma seems to increased. I don't know where you live, but here (San Diego CA area/Tijuana) it's been a horrible weather, full of santa ana condition (hot hair, very dry and high temperature, hot wind that are very dangerous for fires), this equals pollution and of course, lots of winds that carry dust. I am allergic to dust and grass ("all" sorts for grass ). My allergologist was treating me with shots but since September, I have been very sick. Breathing half way, having. Almost daily hard crisis. I can't run and with a severe cough (my doctor called it "seal cough" because is kind of very very deep and noisy, like a seal). I was using convivent or elovent and a sometime ago I was using singulair 10mgs daily. I went to the allergologist and he told me that I was becaming more cronical than before, and he needed to change my medicine and make it more "heavy" to make me feel good.I told him just what you said, I dont want to use prednisone to much and he told me that asthma (cronical as I have it) is nothing more than inflamation of the lungs, a cronical inflamation that is always there, even if we dont have an asthma attack, he told me that, sadly, the only medicine availabe that sems to fight inflamation quick is prednisone. He also told me that he is always watching the medicine he prescribe me, "When i gve you prednisone, is because of your situation, you cant be like this and is the only think I can prescribe you that I am sure it could help you quickly, but be sure that I am prescribe it in the right amount and period. This was a month ago. He gave me prednisone 60mg 5 days and 4 days 40 and after that he prescribed me elovent twisthaler 200mg 2 shots every 12 hours for 2 months than it will be 2 shots daily, he also gave me aviant 10mg daily. I have feel better. I have taken elovent for 3 weeks now and I have feel better, much better. Since I have been taking elovent it's weird but I have nightmares every single night! and wake up with quick heartbeats amd some times I have headache.

I was wondering if someone is taking elovent and if they are having side effects.

I'm happy to be here....

Rose

-- taking more than prescribed (singulair)

I am having horrible asthma issues today. I was just wondering if anyone has ever taken 2 singulairs before? and how did it make you feel?I feel as if I need to go to the E.R. but I was just there about 2wks ago! and hospitilized in October! I am just so frustrated and I don't know what else to do... I am taking EVERYTHING! advair, xopenex, zrytec, singulair (1) atrovent... I am using my inhalers way too much.Is there an alternative to predinsone? I really don't like taking thatwish I could breathKay