RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: vitamin supplements for asthma

Rate this topic

Guest guest

You have a lot of great stuff here. I am going to check it out all, and see what I can do.

Re: vitamin supplements for asthma

Butterbur and asthma -Butterbur may have additional applications for people suffering fromupper respiratory complications such as asthma.Several studies have looked at the possibility of incorporatingbutterbur in an asthmatic treatment program.Because people who suffer from allergic rhinitis have a higherincidence of asthma than does the general population, recent studiesshowing butterbur's effectiveness in treating that upper-respiratorydisorder as well are very encouraging.10In 2003, Dr. Lee and his associates at the University of Dundee foundthat patients who treated their asthma with inhaled corticosteroidsbreathed better when they added 25 mg of butterbur twice daily totheir treatment regimen.11In an open trial at the University of Heidelberg in Germany, 64adults and 16 children with asthma reported a decrease in the number,duration, and severity of asthma attacks during two months ofbutterbur therapy compared to baseline.In addition, the participants demonstrated improvements in forcedexpiratory volume, a measure of the amount of air exhaled in a forcedbreath.Participants were allowed to use other asthma medications asneeded during this two-month trial.12http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2006/may2006_report_butterbur_01.htmAlana

my magnesium gets low sometimes. And I've also been

told low magnisum can with other things cause a stroke.

Thanks for the list Alana. Have you taken any of these, if so

which ones?

Char

Re: vitamin supplements for asthma

A low intake of magnesium in the diet increases bronchial reactivity.http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7701490?dopt=AbstractAlana