RemedySpot.com

Re: Just having a bad/rubber band/ week....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I havent heard of this test! Our sons gastro just said he might need

to be admitted for about a week with rounds of test, maybe this

rubber band is one. Then he said after that we would possibly have to

go to california, a university there. They put some kind of sensors

in the intestinal track etc. etc. I soooooooooo dread all this for

him. GI is just one of his medical issues. Hospitals are so stressful

on him and us! I know when he goes it is needed! But just really hope

he doesnt need to do these new ones. Plus, the cost is unreal, we are

drowning in medical dept. We cant dollar to death all his medical

like some can(legally you can send as little as $5 a month and they

cant do anything). My husband has a top secret clearance and we have

to keep bills up to par(he could loose his clearance). They seem to

let medical slide a little more but make us get them paid, especially

once they get to collections. Our son is going through a bout(I think

the pseudo obstruction again, he was sick) Jennie<><

> >

> > HI,

> >

> > I have not been with the group for some time now but I still read

> and

> > wanted to share my experiences with regard to bowel movements. I

have read

> so

> > many posts about everyone's children being unable to move bowels,

> suffering

> > from constipation, experiencing big bloated bellies and on and

on. My son

> who

> > is 4, almost 5, suffered from the same thing constantly. Always

had belly

> > pain, bloating, very gassy but always had issues being able to

move his

> bowels.

> > As you all know you read everything, do constant research, go to

> boards

> > and evaluate and re-evaluate your childs pains, gains, and

difficulties. I

>

> > had also followed closely McCarthy's story about her son

and she had

>

> > mentioned a product called Threelac. I researched this product

and thought

> I'd

> > give it a try. I tried it for a month on myself first and fully

ended up

> > realizing that I like many Americans have a yeast overgrowth as

well. I

> started my

> > son on Threelac in mid November, in part to treat him for yeast.

It is

> very

> > hard removing all sugars from the diet and then dealing with a

child who

> > self-limits his foods. BUT, the unbelievable thing is that within

days,

> maybe 3

> > days, he began having regular bowel movements. Solid, formed

bowel

> > movements!!!!!! His bowels then became no longer peutrid

smelling; he has

> not been

> gassy;

> > he no longer has that BLOATED belly and I know he feels much

better. He

> has a

> > bowel movement on a daily basis, sometimes twice. Occasionally it

is

> runny,

> > seemingly when he has had a sugary treat. I use to have to use

the fleet

> baby

> > lax on him and that is a thing of the past. The only side effect

he may

> have

> > experienced was a little belly upset. Although he is non-verbal I

could

> > tell when he'd lay down on the couch or something but it did not

seem to

> last for

> > long. I experienced this too but it was mild and was nothing that

lasted

> for

> > hours or anything like that. Now he seems to be fine but you

really have

> to

> > limit sugar intake. It is hard to do especially when you have to

give him

> > juice to get him to take his other supplements. I still use pear

juice,

> which is

> > how I get the Threelac into him.

> > The downside of course, like everything else is the expense. But

it works

> > for him so I am more than willing to spend the $$ on it.

> > I just wanted to share this with all of you and maybe you can

mention it

> to

> > your child's doctor to see what they say. It has helped him so

> tremendously

> > and I plan on continuing the use of it. The next battle will be

getting

> him to

> > use the potty for poo-poo. He is still not potty trained, and

could seem

> to

> > care less but I'm just so happy he's moving his bowels regularly

that I'll

> deal

> > with everything else.

> >

> > Hope this helps someone.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> >

> > **************************************

> > See AOL's top rated

> > recipes (http://food.

> <http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004>

> aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)

> >

>

>

>

>

>

> _____

>

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

>

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newse

arch/c

> ategory.php?category=shopping> them fast with Yahoo! Search.

>

Jennie -

Our so went through the "sensors" testing at Children's in Milwaukee (if you are close to there, it might be cheaper than CA). They have a WONDERFUL ped g.i. dept...Anyway, the test was not too bad for anyone involved because I INSISTED that they sedate my son. They weren't going to and if they hadn't, I doubt we would've gotten anywhere with it. The placement of the sensors is terribly invasive (sorry if it scares you, but you need to know). I know how my son reacts with enemas and/or suppositories so I knew there would be no way they'd rectally insert 5-7 sensors with him being awake. Once they were placed and our son was a little more with it, it was all good. He thought it was pretty darn cool to see what is insides were doing on the computer. Since he was out, I also requested ANY kind of testing to be done, so a biopsy was done and some others (don't remember right now). The rubber band thing is a 3-day test, so they might have your son swallow them while there (just mix them with juice or something), but the x-ray would have to come three days later. We got a lot of answers with the tests they did and while I freaked out about it before it happened, I'm really glad we did it.

~ Tracie

P.S. I have to share this for laughs...the worst part of the test was the tape to hold the sensors in...at the end of the procedure, some nurse used the clear, surgical tape to keep the tubes in. She was NOT thinking however when she placed the tape...she taped his scrotum to his penis...when he woke up and tried to move, he screamed in pain. It startled everyone present...we quickly investigated and found the problem. His room nurse (male, FRESH out of nursing school) squealed in pain and refused to remove the tape. Thank God for strong moms like us...being the Momma Bear that I am, I quickly gave the nurse a death-look, ran to my son and ripped the tape off. While not pretty, it was a lot better than everything being taped together!!! :)

From: miralax [mailto:miralax ] On Behalf Of JennieSent: Saturday, January 05, 2008 9:58 AMTo: miralax Subject: Re: Just having a bad/rubber band/ week....

I havent heard of this test! Our sons gastro just said he might need to be admitted for about a week with rounds of test, maybe this rubber band is one. Then he said after that we would possibly have to go to california, a university there. They put some kind of sensors in the intestinal track etc. etc. I soooooooooo dread all this for him. GI is just one of his medical issues. Hospitals are so stressful on him and us! I know when he goes it is needed! But just really hope he doesnt need to do these new ones. Plus, the cost is unreal, we are drowning in medical dept. We cant dollar to death all his medical like some can(legally you can send as little as $5 a month and they cant do anything). My husband has a top secret clearance and we have to keep bills up to par(he could loose his clearance). They seem to let medical slide a little more but make us get them paid, especially once they get to collections. Our son is going through a bout(I think the pseudo obstruction again, he was sick) Jennie<><> >> > HI,> > > > I have not been with the group for some time now but I still read posts> and > > wanted to share my experiences with regard to bowel movements. I have read> so > > many posts about everyone's children being unable to move bowels,> suffering > > from constipation, experiencing big bloated bellies and on and on. My son> who > > is 4, almost 5, suffered from the same thing constantly. Always had belly > > pain, bloating, very gassy but always had issues being able to move his> bowels. > > As you all know you read everything, do constant research, go to message> boards > > and evaluate and re-evaluate your childs pains, gains, and difficulties. I> > > had also followed closely McCarthy's story about her son and she had> > > mentioned a product called Threelac. I researched this product and thought> I'd > > give it a try. I tried it for a month on myself first and fully ended up > > realizing that I like many Americans have a yeast overgrowth as well. I> started my > > son on Threelac in mid November, in part to treat him for yeast. It is> very > > hard removing all sugars from the diet and then dealing with a child who > > self-limits his foods. BUT, the unbelievable thing is that within days,> maybe 3 > > days, he began having regular bowel movements. Solid, formed bowel > > movements!!!!!! His bowels then became no longer peutrid smelling; he has> not been > gassy; > > he no longer has that BLOATED belly and I know he feels much better. He> has a > > bowel movement on a daily basis, sometimes twice. Occasionally it is> runny, > > seemingly when he has had a sugary treat. I use to have to use the fleet> baby > > lax on him and that is a thing of the past. The only side effect he may> have > > experienced was a little belly upset. Although he is non-verbal I could > > tell when he'd lay down on the couch or something but it did not seem to> last for > > long. I experienced this too but it was mild and was nothing that lasted> for > > hours or anything like that. Now he seems to be fine but you really have> to > > limit sugar intake. It is hard to do especially when you have to give him > > juice to get him to take his other supplements. I still use pear juice,> which is > > how I get the Threelac into him. > > The downside of course, like everything else is the expense. But it works > > for him so I am more than willing to spend the $$ on it. > > I just wanted to share this with all of you and maybe you can mention it> to > > your child's doctor to see what they say. It has helped him so> tremendously > > and I plan on continuing the use of it. The next battle will be getting> him to > > use the potty for poo-poo. He is still not potty trained, and could seem> to > > care less but I'm just so happy he's moving his bowels regularly that I'll> deal > > with everything else. > > > > Hope this helps someone.> > > > Thanks, > > > > > > **************************************> > See AOL's top rated > > recipes (http://food.> <http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004>> aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004)> >> > > > > > _____ > > Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find> <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51734/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/c> ategory.php?category=shopping> them fast with Yahoo! Search.>