Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks a bunch, !

----------Jeanine

[OBnurses] Re: Question

> Jeanine,

>

> I had never heard of ureaplasm either, so I surfed the web. Unfortunately

> not much there, but this site did have a definition.

>

> <A HREF= " http://www.h2web.com/obgyn/cli/glossary.html " >Click here: OB/GYN

> Infertility IVF Program</A>

>

> http://www.h2web.com/obgyn/cli/glossary.html

>

> , TX

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with

> convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off for the

> first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an

> additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.

> http://click./1/3102/7/_/528320/_/956028330/

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>

> Welcome to the OBnurses list!

> You have the freedom to change your membership settings at any time you

choose. Go to the Onelist Home Page at www.onelist.com and sign in with your

e mail address and the password you used to subscribe to this list. You will

then see a list of all Onelist lists you are subscribed to. You can then

easily choose the settings you would like--unsubscribe, digest, or Web-only.

>

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

A question for all.....

Any of the nurses that work in large hospitals like me have to clean the room after an infectious patient (HIV, HCV, HBV, etc etc) delivers? I had a HIV, HCV pos woman who gave birth last week - she was wild...room was a mess despite my best measures to contain body fluids. I rolled up the gowns, etc etc in a drape that I had on the floor and left them, rolled tightly on the floor...covered the blood with chucks, etc etc. My nurse manager today told me that I should have cleaned the room so that housekeeping could go in and just do their "terminal" cleaning. In the other hospitals I have worked in...we had a biohazardous waste team that came and cleaned up any biological accidents...but in this place...the nurse does the big cleaning and housekeeping cleans up what's left. The housekeeper filed a "hazardous condition" report. This is only one of a zillion types of things that go on in this place, which is making me more and more aggravated. The nurse manager tells us that the docs are supposed to do this and that - like draw blood and start IVs...etc, etc...but then we end up doing it all as a "courtesy".....she also said that the doc that did the delivery should have cleaned up the room...but usually will refuse....so then it's up to the nurse. I think this is such a load of bullshit. I am interested in finding out what happens in other hospitals....

Chris

Guest guest

A question for all.....

Any of the nurses that work in large hospitals like me have to clean the room after an infectious patient (HIV, HCV, HBV, etc etc) delivers? I had a HIV, HCV pos woman who gave birth last week - she was wild...room was a mess despite my best measures to contain body fluids. I rolled up the gowns, etc etc in a drape that I had on the floor and left them, rolled tightly on the floor...covered the blood with chucks, etc etc. My nurse manager today told me that I should have cleaned the room so that housekeeping could go in and just do their "terminal" cleaning. In the other hospitals I have worked in...we had a biohazardous waste team that came and cleaned up any biological accidents...but in this place...the nurse does the big cleaning and housekeeping cleans up what's left. The housekeeper filed a "hazardous condition" report. This is only one of a zillion types of things that go on in this place, which is making me more and more aggravated. The nurse manager tells us that the docs are supposed to do this and that - like draw blood and start IVs...etc, etc...but then we end up doing it all as a "courtesy".....she also said that the doc that did the delivery should have cleaned up the room...but usually will refuse....so then it's up to the nurse. I think this is such a load of bullshit. I am interested in finding out what happens in other hospitals....

Chris

• 2 years later...

Jeff,

I think you should definitely talk your fiance to her Dr. The swelling *can* be

ascites and needs to be checked out thoroughly.

anne

Question

My fiancee has Hep C & O recently has been swelling up so bad she has a hard

time walking.

I think it is a side effect of her meds.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to reduce the

swelling?

Thanks

---

Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).

Version: 6.0.574 / Virus Database: 364 - Release Date: 1/29/2004

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

I know someone who is "pregnant". She is now 8-9 weeks and the doctor says all that is there on ultrasound is an empty sac. They want to give the medication to allow a miscarriage of this tomorrow. I'm not sure what this is?

Is this what you all would do?

After this what would you recommend as a work up?

I appreciate any advice you can give me.

**************Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home. (http://home.aol.com/diy/home-improvement-eric-stromer?video=15?ncid=aolhom00030000000001)