RemedySpot.com

Re: Cant find any Comfrey

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ebay has bulk. Health food stores will ship by mail.

Cant find any Comfrey

My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take. So, does anyone have a source that they trust that I can buy it online or maybe they can ship me some? Guess I will look into growing my own along with the oleander this spring so will need a seed source as well. Already got my oleander seeds. Foot and leg are better after acupuncture, DMSO and Epsom salt soaks, Top layers of skin are still sloughing off the top of my foot but the underlying skin seems healthy. Still no feeling yet but in time it will return. All the prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated. Great folks on this list.

Kathy"We are being taxed to blow up bridges in Iraq and rebuild them, while ours are falling down." Read the Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Campaign For Liberty"Freedom to make bad decisions is inherent in the freedom to make good ones. If we are only free to make good decisions, we are not really free. " Dr Ron Like Liberty and want to keep it? We can helpCongressman Ron

One site keeps you connected to all your email: AOL Mail, Gmail, and Yahoo Mail. Try it now.

Hi Kathy. I always trust www.mountainroseherbs.com they carry just about everything, you can buy in small or large quantities, and most of their products are organic.

Comfrey is the best herb to take for bone healing. And the danger that all the store owners talk about is because the FDA makes a big stink about any herb, if they can find even one case that they think they can relate to herbal use.

BUT--there is a chemical in comfrey that can be harmful to anyone that does have liver problems. So oral use of comfrey is either in limited amounts or none at all for those people, but external compresses can still be used very effectively.

Hope you are not too bored. :-)

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take.

http://www.herbalremedies.com/comfrey-leaf.html

Chuck

invention : Ejectable helicopter seats

> My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told

> more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take. So, does

> anyone have a source that they trust that I can buy it online or maybe

> they can ship me some? Guess I will look into growing my own along with the

> oleander this spring so will need a seed source as well. Already got my

> oleander seeds. Foot and leg are better after acupuncture, DMSO and Epsom

> salt soaks, Top layers of skin are still sloughing off the top of my foot

> but the underlying skin seems healthy. Still no feeling yet but in time it

> will return. All the prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

> Great folks on this list.

>

> Kathy

I bought mine from the amish.. It is a salve. Does any one know where

a person can get seeds? Donna

> > My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was

told

> > more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take.

So, does

> > anyone have a source that they trust that I can buy it online or maybe

> > they can ship me some? Guess I will look into growing my own along

with the

> > oleander this spring so will need a seed source as well. Already

got my

> > oleander seeds. Foot and leg are better after acupuncture, DMSO

and Epsom

> > salt soaks, Top layers of skin are still sloughing off the top of

my foot

> > but the underlying skin seems healthy. Still no feeling yet but in

time it

> > will return. All the prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

> > Great folks on this list.

> >

> > Kathy

>

Just an interesting aspect of comfrey…….bees

love it!

I cultivate about five acres….vegetable

garden, fruit and nut trees and ornamental flowers and plants. Some years

ago, I noticed that the very first plant both honey bees and wild bees would

head for was any comfrey plant around. Seeing their preference for

comfrey, and wanting their help in pollination of my produce bearing trees and

plants, I planted a hedge of comfrey down two sides of my vegetable garden, placed

comfrey plants at the base of my fruit and nut trees, and placed some generally

near flower beds. The comfrey plant is very invasive once it is

established, so one has to be careful where one places it initially.

In any event, each spring and summer,

there is a virtual symphony of song from the multitude of bees in amongst the

comfrey. The sound is actually quite melodious. I have noted that

the occasional rabbit comes out of the fields to nibble; my neighbour’s chickens

manage to scale the fence of their enclosure and head for the comfrey….and

so on. I have noted that I have not found any dead bees on my yard:

in fact, at a time when many complain of bees dying and finding colonies of

dead bees, the number of bees taking up residency on my grounds has notably

increased over the past few years.

For anyone interested, the book “Health

Through God’s Pharmacy” by Treben is a treasure in terms of

understanding of herbal applications ( ISBN number 3-85068-124-6). The

book is written in a folksy style, it is not well indexed, but contains very

useful information scattered throughout its’ pages.

Cheers,

Taffy

DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO

[mailto:DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO ]

On Behalf Of s

Sent: December-22-08 9:49 PM

To: DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO

Subject: Re: Cant find any

Comfrey

ebay has bulk. Health food stores will ship by mail.

Cant find

any Comfrey

My sister looked all

over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told more than once that comfrey

is poisonous and was unwise to take. So, does anyone have a source that they

trust that I can buy it online or maybe they can ship me some? Guess I will

look into growing my own along with the oleander this spring so will need a

seed source as well. Already got my oleander seeds.

I have grown Comfrey for about 35 years and we use it fresh in the spring, summer, fall and dried in the winter months.

When our children were younger we used it when they sprained an ankle, wrist, or fingers. For sprains we would dig the root and pulverize it and then wrap it around the sprain. It takes the hurt and discoloration away and, although it did still have some discomfort associated with it, it always worked to sooth the injured part. They call Comfrey "bone set" - however, when they did break something I opted for an x-ray and cast.

Also our one daughter would get poison ivy pretty bad. In this case we would use the leaves. I would pluck the leaves and wash them and bruise the leaves; then she would rub them over the poison ivy . It helped to a point, however, she liked the way it felt and continues to use it to this day. It does have some healing, but her rubbing it breaks the blisters and starts the healing process. After the comfrey I would always soak her in oatmeal baths and it did work for her.

We have a black lab and a Golden - and the lab eats the fresh leaves with he feels under the weather. I will watch him and he goes right to the Comfrey leaves and starts to nibble - It must irritate his stomach lining and after awhile he regurgitates and feels better. I don't let him eat too much at one time.

If Filaluvraol would like a piece of my root stock - I would be happy to send her a piece in the spring of 2009.

Bernadette

Cant find any Comfrey

My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take. So, does anyone have a source that they trust that I can buy it online or maybe they can ship me some? Guess I will look into growing my own along with the oleander this spring so will need a seed source as well. Already got my oleander seeds.

• 5 weeks later...

Its the same thing thats in Rapeseed thats harmful - but in small quantities doesn't really pose a problem - they've banned comfrey here - thats how good it is .....

Jane

Re: Cant find any Comfrey

Hi Kathy. I always trust www.mountainroseherbs.com they carry just about everything, you can buy in small or large quantities, and most of their products are organic.

Comfrey is the best herb to take for bone healing. And the danger that all the store owners talk about is because the FDA makes a big stink about any herb, if they can find even one case that they think they can relate to herbal use.

BUT--there is a chemical in comfrey that can be harmful to anyone that does have liver problems. So oral use of comfrey is either in limited amounts or none at all for those people, but external compresses can still be used very effectively.

Hope you are not too bored. :-)

Samala,

-------Original Message-------

My sister looked all over town and could not find any comfrey. Was told more than once that comfrey is poisonous and was unwise to take.

Internal Virus Database is out of date.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.0/1861 - Release Date: 12/22/2008 11:23 AM