RemedySpot.com

Re: Re April-GI doc

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi April!I am so glad you mentioned the city your GI is located!! If you do decide to go take your lo there please let me know how it goes. We travel an hour to get to Hattiesburg to get to one of the finest Peds but our last visit as not good at all. He basically made me feel stupid for refusing to give my child Miralax, and would not hear me when I told him that her colon had shrank as evidenced with the long skinny poops that managed to come out when my dd was in the tub. She got constipated at 4 1/2 months with the first bite of solid food. After this went on long enough she learned how to withhold and then her colon stretched (elephant sized poops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and tons of pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). I worked with her for many months (a year or longer) to get is shurnk. I had to use everything in the book to get her to use the bathroom. Any efforts to wean her off of potty aids would result in not going after once or twice managing to use it on her own.

It has been vicious, but she still at 2 1/2 years, even though her colon has shrunk, cannot use the bathroom alone. She will push and push all day and get a smear out here and a smear out there. When I tell the doc this he just says that her colon is still stretched. I know better, but he won't hear me. And then he says I can give you the number to the GI in and he will tell you the same thing. Sigh. Anyway, I am trying Aloe now because I really feel she has motility issues since her poop will be soft (easy to push out for anyone normal) but she still has troubles. The aloe seems to be working, but I have only just started. Anyway, if you see the GI in I would love to know if he actually listened to you, or if he is a drug pusher.Susie ~"april.solloway" wrote: Hey - Thanks for your reply. I also replied back and it ended up being a blank post?? Not too sure what happened there. But I appreciate your comments. It is something to think about for sure. My son's problem could be somewhat hereditary as my husband's mother relates him going (although not quite as bad as my son) through tough times trying to have BM's as well. I would like to take my son to a DAN doctor but I checked the list on their site and there aren't any near me in , MS. I have thought about a pedi GI doctor but have been reluctant because I know most doctors are prescription happy and only think in terms of drugs to "fix" problems. But I would like to

rule out anything more serious. How do you get your son to take the flax seed meal? Thanks again. It is so nice to talk to other parents who understand what you are going thorough. A couple of my other friends think I am obsessing over this poop issue and that I just need to relax. If only they knew... > > > > > > > > Hi - I am relatively new to this group and am happy to have > found > > > it. > > > > My 28 month old son is constipated because he has a "fear" of

> > going > > > to > > > > the bathroom. He will tell me to change his diaper and there > will > > be > > > > nothing. He will do the hand flap and freeze and sometimes > squat > > > down > > > > to fight the urge to have a BM. And this can go on ALL day. > > > Sometimes > > > > he will tell me to change his diaper and there will be just a > > small > > > > pebble in there - nothing of any signifigance. Not to > > > > mention the crabby mood that goes along with it. Does any of > this > > > sound > > > > familiar? If so do all the herbal/homeopathic remedies that I am > > > > reading about and/or trying help with this "fear"? I am giving > > him > > > 4 > > > > ounces of aloe juice a day (a good

quality one from a health > food > > > > store), yogurt with probiotics, culturelle and two tsps flax > oil > > a > > > day! > > > > > > > > Any advice/help is much apprecaited. > > > > > > > > > > > > I posted this earlier but with a different title and didn't get > > any > > > > replies so I thought I would try again. :-) > > > > > > > > > > Susie~ Please visit Trisha's site and feel free to pass it on: Busy Hands ~ Pencil Portraits and Other Handmade Gifts

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.