RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: reply to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was joking, last week we were all discussing how toxic the flame retardant jammie's are, they can cause rashes etc. and I just posted something about what happened with our strange "chix pox" strange rash, read and you'll see"Tracie Happel (Wendorf)" wrote: I guess I'll never know if it really was chicken pox...it's totally gone this morning!! If my daughter breaks out, then I will assume. But no point in going to the doctor (I really wouldn't go anyway) with only scratch welts left. It might get ME in trouble

-"Hmmm...you used oregano on your kid with chicken pox and he all he has left are scratch welts? Yeah, right. Hello, social services??" He sleeps in his shorts and a t-shirt so I doubt it's flame retardent jammies. He's slept in clothes his whole life (again, sensory issues). Why do you ask? Okay, I know we're about children and the adverse effects of Miralax, but this is on my mind (since 11:30 last night!) and I HAVE to ask...> > Last evening, around 7:30 my son came to me and showed me a weird rash on his arm, up near his "elbow pit." It was a cluster of small blisters that itched terribly. I shrugged it off, saying it must be a reaction to something. I threw some oil of oregano on it and off we went. > > About 11:30 last night, he came to me again. This time, the rash was EVERYWHERE - his stomach, arms, back, tops of his legs...new blisters were forming as I stood there amazed - up his neck, on his face and on the backs of his legs. However, the original blisters on his arm were gone! He was itching like mad, crying and giving himself welts from scratching so hard

(you know how kids with sensory issues are!!). I looked up "chicken pox" on google images and found exactly what he had going on. Since the oregano worked earlier to stop the itching, I threw a ton of it on him...it was like he was bathed in it. We joked that the dog might mistake him for pizza and eat him...> > Anyway, I planned to stay home from work today to deal with a kid with sensory issues with chicken pox (what a fun day, hey?!). When I checked on him this morning (I got up for work just in case...), he was totally fine!!!! What in the world!? > > Has anyone ever heard of this - do you know if oregano is some secret "cure" for chicken pox??? > > Oh, another reason I think it is/was chicken pox is 3 days ago (24-72 hours), he came home from school with a tummy ache, fever and very lethargic. "They" say thats a symptom. > > Any ideas???? Thanks, ladies! >

Tracie>

Oh, got it. Sorry - slow on the uptake!! :)

Re: Re: reply to

I was joking, last week we were all discussing how toxic the flame retardant jammie's are, they can cause rashes etc. and I just posted something about what happened with our strange "chix pox" strange rash, read and you'll see"Tracie Happel (Wendorf)" <ctajcharter (DOT) net> wrote:

I guess I'll never know if it really was chicken pox...it's totally gone this morning!! If my daughter breaks out, then I will assume. But no point in going to the doctor (I really wouldn't go anyway) with only scratch welts left. It might get ME in trouble -"Hmmm...you used oregano on your kid with chicken pox and he all he has left are scratch welts? Yeah, right. Hello, social services??" He sleeps in his shorts and a t-shirt so I doubt it's flame retardent jammies. He's slept in clothes his whole life (again, sensory issues). Why do you ask? Okay, I know we're about children and the adverse effects of Miralax, but this is on my mind (since 11:30 last night!) and I HAVE to ask...> > Last evening, around 7:30 my son came to me and showed me a weird rash on his arm, up near his "elbow pit." It was a cluster of small blisters that itched terribly. I shrugged it off, saying it must be a reaction to something. I threw some oil of oregano on it and off we went. > > About 11:30 last night, he came to me again. This time, the rash was EVERYWHERE - his stomach, arms, back, tops of his legs...new blisters were forming as I stood there amazed - up his neck, on his face and on the backs of his legs. However, the original blisters on his arm were gone! He was itching like mad, crying and giving himself welts from scratching so hard (you know how kids with sensory issues are!!). I looked up "chicken pox" on google images and found exactly what he had going on. Since the oregano worked earlier to stop the itching, I threw a ton of it on him...it was like he was bathed in it. We joked that the dog might mistake him for pizza and eat him...> > Anyway, I planned to stay home from work today to deal with a kid with sensory issues with chicken pox (what a fun day, hey?!). When I checked on him this morning (I got up for work just in case...), he was totally fine!!!! What in the world!? > > Has anyone ever heard of this - do you know if oregano is some secret "cure" for chicken pox??? > > Oh, another reason I think it is/was chicken pox is 3 days ago (24-72 hours), he came home from school with a tummy ache, fever and very lethargic. "They" say thats a symptom. > > Any ideas???? Thanks, ladies! > Tracie>

• 1 month later...

If your daughter is still on Miralax, it could beinformative if you can ask them to check her serum/blood for ethyleneglycol.

Dr. is claiming that is NO such test available.

Now what?

~christineDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

couldn't you be tested for polyethylene glycol if one is on miralax?littlelief wrote: Hi ,Well, the test may not be readily available to this particular doctorbut it DOES exist. See the documents in the "Ethylene GlycolToxicity" folder I just created (in the Files section of this group).There are 4 articles which specifically mention testing blood/serumethylene glycol levels (and these are just the first 4 I had easyaccess to - I am sure there are many more). Only one article (AAFParticle from

I think 2005) mentions that the test may not be readilyavailable, but one article was published over 10 years ago & mentionstesting serum EG. It *is* possible.I used the "highligher" feature to highlight the relevant parts of thearticles. If the doctor was implying the test does NOT exist at all, you couldshow him/her these papers. If the doctor was implying that it justwasn't available to him/her then if you are truly interested ingetting her tested, you could show him/her these articles and presshim/her for an answer as to where you could get the test done. Also see: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/003564.htmAnd here's a lab that offers the test (I assume via doctor's order)http://www.aruplab.com/guides/ug/tests/0090110.jspAnother testhttp://www.kaceyinc.org/kacey-inc/files/FINAL-SEP-06%20%208%20MINUTE_INSERT%20ANTI_FREEZE_SHEET%20%20080806%20(4).pdfAt the very least, it seems reasonable to get the doctor to test herurine for oxalic acid crystals (again, this cannot be used to "prove"it came from PEG degradation, but will give YOU and her info on howshe might be feeling and what you might be able to do to help her feelmore comfortable.)....hth,>> > In a message dated 2/18/2008 1:48:12 PM Eastern Standard

Time, > littlelief@... writes:> > If your daughter is still on Miralax, it could be> informative if you can ask them to check her serum/blood for ethylene> glycol. > > > > Dr. is claiming that is NO such test available.> Now what?> ~christine> > > > **************Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOLLiving. >(http://living.aol.com/video/how-to-please-your-picky-eater/rachel-campos-duffy/> 2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.