RemedySpot.com

Re: leaky gut and miralax

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is where I got my start! Dana's view article http://www.danasview.net/miralax.htmangi and george wrote: Hi there,I have someone with a ASD kid who uses miralax asking me to explain how miralax could harm her kid. She is actually afraid it might have already harmed him. She thinks he does have a leaky gut. Well, I could not really explain it. Would someone explain it to me again, so I can tell her please.

THANKS!!-AngiBonnie Juettner wrote: Hi Marg,I don't have the link...I just read about it in the news a few months ago...but maybe you can find it via Google...Bonnie On Jan 14, 2008 12:26 AM, Marg Messick < margmessick> wrote: bonnie, I would like to see that report or find out where i can get it. thanks margBonnie Juettner <bjuettnergmail > wrote: It's

funny how the media will jump all over a report like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines. Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study, showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if their parents opted to do flu shots) been

getting them in the flu shots. I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA, newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources. Bonnie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

thank you. that is exactly what i was looking for. :)

Jennie wrote:

Here is where I got my start! Dana's view article http://www.danasview.net/miralax.htm

angi and george wrote:

Hi there,

I have someone with a ASD kid who uses miralax asking me to explain how

miralax could harm her kid. She is actually afraid it might have

already harmed him. She thinks he does have a leaky gut. Well, I

could not really explain it. Would someone explain it to me again, so

I can tell her please. THANKS!!

-Angi

Bonnie Juettner wrote:

Hi Marg,

I don't have the link...I just read about it in the news a few months

ago...but maybe you can find it via Google...

Bonnie

On Jan 14, 2008 12:26 AM, Marg Messick

< margmessick> wrote:

bonnie,

I would like to see that report or find out where i can

get it. thanks marg

Bonnie Juettner <bjuettnergmail

> wrote:

It's funny how the media will jump all over a report

like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between

vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific

Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they

studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found something

like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines.

Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last

night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study,

showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But

the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to

wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or

not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are

recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't

getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if

their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu

shots.

I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a

source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to the

dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of

individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard

to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA,

newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after reading

a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources.

Bonnie

Never miss a thing.

Make Yahoo your homepage.

jennie, you said mary has started a site on this. do you have her email site? I would like to get on her site and read more. thanks margJennie wrote: Here is where I got my start! Dana's view article http://www.danasview.net/miralax.htmangi and george wrote: Hi there,I have someone

with a ASD kid who uses miralax asking me to explain how miralax could harm her kid. She is actually afraid it might have already harmed him. She thinks he does have a leaky gut. Well, I could not really explain it. Would someone explain it to me again, so I can tell her please. THANKS!!-AngiBonnie Juettner wrote: Hi Marg,I don't have the link...I just read about it in the news a few months ago...but maybe you can find it via Google...Bonnie On Jan 14, 2008 12:26 AM, Marg Messick < margmessick> wrote: bonnie, I would like to see that report or find out where i can get it. thanks margBonnie Juettner <bjuettnergmail > wrote: It's funny how the media will jump all over a report like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines. Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study, showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to

wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu shots. I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA, newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources. Bonnie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Hi Marg!! If you are referring to the article in Dana's view. This is the site(support group) that we are using now! Jennie<>< http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/ Marg Messick wrote: jennie, you said mary has started a site on this. do you have her email site? I would like to get on her site and read more. thanks margJennie <mykidshisgift> wrote: Here is where I got my start! Dana's view article http://www.danasview.net/miralax.htmangi and george wrote: Hi there,I have someone with a ASD kid who uses miralax asking me to explain how miralax could harm her kid. She is actually afraid it might have already harmed him. She thinks he does have a leaky gut. Well, I could not really explain it. Would someone explain it to me again, so I can tell her please. THANKS!!-AngiBonnie Juettner wrote: Hi Marg,I don't have the link...I just read about it in the news a few months ago...but maybe you can find it via

Google...Bonnie On Jan 14, 2008 12:26 AM, Marg Messick < margmessick> wrote: bonnie, I would like to see that report or find out where i can get it. thanks margBonnie Juettner <bjuettnergmail > wrote: It's funny how the media will jump all over a report like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they studied kids who had vaccines and kids who

didn't, and found something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines. Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study, showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu shots. I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of individuals or of potentially biased

organizations...it's not hard to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA, newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources. Bonnie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make

Yahoo your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Marg!! If you are referring to the article in Dana's view. This is the site(support group) that we are using now! Jennie<>< http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/ Marg Messick wrote: jennie, you said mary has started a site on this. do you have her email site? I would like to get on her site and read more. thanks

margJennie <mykidshisgift> wrote: Here is where I got my start! Dana's view article http://www.danasview.net/miralax.htmangi and george wrote: Hi there,I have someone with a ASD kid who uses miralax asking me to explain how miralax could harm her kid. She is actually afraid it might have already harmed him. She thinks he does have a leaky gut. Well, I could not really explain it. Would someone explain it to me again, so I can tell her please. THANKS!!-AngiBonnie Juettner wrote: Hi Marg,I don't have the link...I just read about it in the news a few months ago...but maybe you can find it via Google...Bonnie On Jan 14, 2008 12:26 AM, Marg Messick < margmessick> wrote: bonnie, I would like to see that report or find out where i can get it. thanks margBonnie Juettner <bjuettnergmail > wrote: It's funny how the media will jump all over a report like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between vaccines and autism.

There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines. Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study, showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu shots. I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a source of information. But

when it comes to vaccines, or even to the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA, newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources. Bonnie Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

This is my third attempt to post on our group througout the day!!

Sorry if this repeats. I tend to have trouble with posts in this

group!!

Hi Marg!! If you are referring to the article in Dana's view. This is

the site(support group) that we are using now! Jennie<><

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/

> It's funny how the media will jump all over a report like

this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between

vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific

Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they

studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found

something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the

vaccines.

>

> Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last

night, but I found an NY Times report on a recent California study,

showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed.

But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to

wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or

not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are

recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't

getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if

their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu

shots.

>

> I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet

as a source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to

the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of

individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard to

confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA,

newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after

reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of

sources.

>

> Bonnie

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

thanks jennie,margJennie wrote: This is my third attempt to post on our group througout the day!! Sorry if this repeats. I tend to have trouble with posts in this group!!Hi Marg!! If you are referring to the article in Dana's view. This is the site(support group) that we are using now! Jennie<>< http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/ > It's funny how the media will jump all over a report like this and ignore other studies that do show a correlation between vaccines and autism. There was a study done somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, that came out last fall, showing a connection...they studied kids who had vaccines and kids who didn't, and found something like a 60% greater likelihood of autism in kids who had the vaccines. > > Also, I'm not sure if this is the study that was on the news last night, but I found an NY Times report

on a recent California study, showing no difference in autism rates after thimerosal was removed. But the report acknowledges that it was still in flu shots. I have to wonder if they removed the kids who had flu shots from the study or not? If not, there's a methodology problem...I mean, doctors are recommending flu shots for young children, so even if kids weren't getting thimerosal in their regular shots, they still may have (if their parents opted to do flu shots) been getting them in the flu shots. > > I agree with Marge's caution, by the way, about using the Internet as a source of information. But when it comes to vaccines, or even to the dangers of Miralax, you don't have to rely on the web pages of individuals or of potentially biased organizations...it's not hard to confirm this stuff just using, for example, the CDC, the FDA, newspapers, etc. I think it's a good practice, actually, after

reading a wild claim somewhere, to factcheck it using a variety of sources. > > Bonnie> > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>