RemedySpot.com

chicken pox

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, I know we're about children and the adverse effects of Miralax, but this is on my mind (since 11:30 last night!) and I HAVE to ask...

Last evening, around 7:30 my son came to me and showed me a weird rash on his arm, up near his "elbow pit." It was a cluster of small blisters that itched terribly. I shrugged it off, saying it must be a reaction to something. I threw some oil of oregano on it and off we went.

About 11:30 last night, he came to me again. This time, the rash was EVERYWHERE - his stomach, arms, back, tops of his legs...new blisters were forming as I stood there amazed - up his neck, on his face and on the backs of his legs. However, the original blisters on his arm were gone! He was itching like mad, crying and giving himself welts from scratching so hard (you know how kids with sensory issues are!!). I looked up "chicken pox" on google images and found exactly what he had going on. Since the oregano worked earlier to stop the itching, I threw a ton of it on him...it was like he was bathed in it. We joked that the dog might mistake him for pizza and eat him...

Anyway, I planned to stay home from work today to deal with a kid with sensory issues with chicken pox (what a fun day, hey?!). When I checked on him this morning (I got up for work just in case...), he was totally fine!!!! What in the world!?

Has anyone ever heard of this - do you know if oregano is some secret "cure" for chicken pox???

Oh, another reason I think it is/was chicken pox is 3 days ago (24-72 hours), he came home from school with a tummy ache, fever and very lethargic. "They" say thats a symptom.

Any ideas???? Thanks, ladies!

Tracie