RemedySpot.com

reply to kidsspecialneeds

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Welcome, They should have told you that if your child does not produce a bm, to try suppositories to keep things moving, 37 hours is a very long time and we have found through many years of experience and research about this that 4% is absorbed in a normal colon and the longer it stays in there, the more it's absorbed. This medication is suppose to produce a bowel movement within a day, but it would take me all day to tell you everything I've learned about Miralax. The company originally stated not to give to children now it states to consult a physician, but according to the manufacturer, the doctor's have been going against their recommendations all along. Pfeiffer Treatment Center recommends using suppositories along with it, if your child doesn't produce a bm, to make sure this medication doesn't keep pulling the water, because once it pulls all the water and salt into the bowel, it starts to pull the water and salt from the brain and hyponaetremia

occurs, there have been fatalities, see the acheives. FDA adverse reactions and Fatal Disnaetremia Article. Perhaps you'd like to try something like lactulose or senna? Miralax is a liquid plastic, made from a derivative of antifreeze.kidsspecialneeds wrote: Hello all!We have three bio boys ages 12, 11, & 9. We have two newly adopted girls ages 4.5 & 2.5yrs old. They are bio sisters and a domestic adoption. They came home 9/07.Our 4.5yr old struggled with constipation in her foster

care, so I put her on a high fiber diet as soon as she moved in (9/07). She began to poop every day or two, so erroneously thought she was cured. Since she peed/pooped her pants alot, we still thought she had urology issues. I made her an appt for Childrens Hospital back in 9/07. It's a four month waiting list.We had our appt on Wed. Diagnosis: encopresis & enuresis. WOW! We put her on Miralax Wed pm. She is on a high dose (half a cap in water) three times a day for 48 hours. Then we are to cut back to a couple teaspoons 1-2 times a day.She has still not had a bowel movement, and we're at 37 hours here of being on the stuff........When does Miralax kick in?If anyone has any suggestions or advice on all this, I would love to hear it all!I have a blog at www.mygiftsmychallenges.blogspot.com if anyone wants to hear more of our story.Best wishes to you

all~~~~~