RemedySpot.com

Re: Rashes and Hives: Causes of Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema in Autoimmune Diseases

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi

I find this article very interesting in that for the past several years I have had an intermittent miserable rash of some sort on both eyelids and my toes (of all places!) and I mean incredibly itchy with nothing that can make it better - but in fact trying to treat it has always made it worse. Now I wonder if it is autoimmune - which doesn't surprise me any - having rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and now the Hashi's.

By the way after 2 months on 100 mcg of Levoxyl my TSH went from 62.0 to 1.4 - not too shabby!

Kim

Rashes and Hives: Causes of Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema in Autoimmune Diseases

Good article by Elaine .

http://autoimmunedi sease.suite101. com/article. cfm/rashes_ and_hives

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Yes, I've had those rashes too, but they're not confined to one place. Very mysterious ones that come and go. Itches that are all over the body with NO rashes. I've read that this is the autoimmune, but can't be sure. Could be food allergies, don't know. What are your Free values for T4 and T3? Those are the most important ones for thyroid testing, though there are soooo many variables with cellular absorption from person to person. I am glad to see, however, that your pituitary is not haggling your thyroid so much though.

Re: Rashes and Hives: Causes of Chronic Urticaria and Angioedema in Autoimmune Diseases

Hi

I find this article very interesting in that for the past several years I have had an intermittent miserable rash of some sort on both eyelids and my toes (of all places!) and I mean incredibly itchy with nothing that can make it better - but in fact trying to treat it has always made it worse. Now I wonder if it is autoimmune - which doesn't surprise me any - having rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, and now the Hashi's.

By the way after 2 months on 100 mcg of Levoxyl my TSH went from 62.0 to 1.4 - not too shabby!

Kim