RemedySpot.com

RE: -gut bugs -A

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would also agree with Dr. Thom. However,( it appears to be the case) I gave a 2 year old oral thrush with high doses of lactobacillus. At least I can't explain it any other way.

Does anyone have an idea here?

Whittaker, ND

Stanwood, WA

Re: -gut bugs -A

We have 10,000,000,000, 000 bugs in our GI tract (more than the number of cells we have in the body).When we add a few billion (even up to 150 billion with Replete), it is but a drop in the bucket. About 50% of the stool mass is made up of "dead" bugs that need to replaced daily.So it would be an impossible task to put too many in there (in my mind).So eat away and enjoy all those bacteria we are feeding ourselves daily to keep us well.Dick ThomBambu clinic, Portland, ORcancer, endocrine, Business of Health

Hey all,I was asked by a student...can you take too many good bugs? Can one overdose on probiotics.Personally I feel like one could bathe in the stuff and be fine, the more the merrier, but I suppose even with the bad bugs it is all about balance so I am checking in with the group...is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? Haywood Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine Portland, OR Women's Health and Chronic Disease************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Another query along the line of probiotics – what about the notion that supplementation with them can “feed” parasites, since parasites eat bacteria?

Are probiotics to be avoided at all when treating parasitic infections?

Marie , ND

Wash DC

--

Marie , ND

www.drmarierodriguez.com

I would also agree with Dr. Thom. However,( it appears to be the case) I gave a 2 year old oral thrush with high doses of lactobacillus. At least I can't explain it any other way.

Does anyone have an idea here?

Whittaker, ND

Stanwood, WA

We have 10,000,000,000, 000 bugs in our GI tract (more than the number of cells we have in the body).

When we add a few billion (even up to 150 billion with Replete), it is but a drop in the bucket.

About 50% of the stool mass is made up of " dead " bugs that need to replaced daily.

So it would be an impossible task to put too many in there (in my mind).

So eat away and enjoy all those bacteria we are feeding ourselves daily to keep us well.

Dick Thom

Bambu clinic, Portland, OR

cancer, endocrine, Business of Health

Hey all,

I was asked by a student...can you take too many good bugs? Can one overdose on probiotics.

Personally I feel like one could bathe in the stuff and be fine, the more the merrier, but I suppose even with the bad bugs it is all about balance so I am checking in with the group...

is there such a thing as too much of a good thing?

Haywood Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine Portland, OR Women's Health and Chronic Disease

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.

http://body. aol.com/fitness/ <http://aol.com/fitness/> winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51438/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs>

There are so many more forms of lactobacillus than just acidophilus--the ecosystem will apparently respond differently in different circumstances. Obviously, for most people probiotics will be wonderful but there are situations where we will create other imbalances. I think we are going to see a lot more individualization in terms of what probiotic we give. I've had a number of people respond poorly at certain times in their treatment. Ginger Nash-Wolfe, ND21 Street, 2nd floorNew Haven, CT 06511 Re: -gut bugs -A

We have 10,000,000,000, 000 bugs in our GI tract (more than the number of cells we have in the body).When we add a few billion (even up to 150 billion with Replete), it is but a drop in the bucket. About 50% of the stool mass is made up of "dead" bugs that need to replaced daily.So it would be an impossible task to put too many in there (in my mind).So eat away and enjoy all those bacteria we are feeding ourselves daily to keep us well.Dick ThomBambu clinic, Portland, ORcancer, endocrine, Business of Health

Hey all,I was asked by a student...can you take too many good bugs? Can one overdose on probiotics.Personally I feel like one could bathe in the stuff and be fine, the more the merrier, but I suppose even with the bad bugs it is all about balance so I am checking in with the group...is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? Haywood Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine Portland, OR Women's Health and Chronic Disease************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Hi everyone, In my experience not only do we need to individually couture each probug but of more interest to me has been to see how each person tests according to their lifestyle/ personality type; ie: bifidophilus flora- are mostly children and adults who don't take themselves so seriously, Reuteri's are people on the go etc... Hope this helps, Gloria C. Gault Ginger Nash-Wolfe wrote: There are so many more forms of lactobacillus than just acidophilus--the ecosystem will apparently respond differently in different circumstances. Obviously, for most people probiotics will be wonderful but there are situations where we will create other imbalances. I think we are going to see a lot more individualization in terms of what probiotic we give. I've had a number of people respond poorly at certain times in their treatment. Ginger Nash-Wolfe, ND21 Street, 2nd floorNew Haven, CT 06511 Re: -gut bugs -A We have 10,000,000,000, 000 bugs in our GI tract (more than the number of cells we have in the body).When we add a few billion (even up to 150 billion with Replete), it is but a drop in the bucket. About 50% of the stool mass is made up of "dead" bugs that need to replaced daily.So it would be an impossible task to put too many in there (in my mind).So eat away and enjoy all those bacteria we are feeding ourselves daily to keep us well.Dick ThomBambu clinic, Portland, ORcancer, endocrine, Business of Health Hey all,I was asked by a student...can you take too many good bugs? Can one overdose on probiotics.Personally I feel like one could bathe in the stuff and be fine, the more the merrier, but I suppose even with the bad bugs it is all about balance so I am checking in with the group...is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? Haywood Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine Portland, OR Women's Health and Chronic Disease************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489 Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Gloria, Please say more....Is there an archive of this information (personality types and gut bugs)? Where can I learn more? Sawhill, ND Beaverton, ORgloria gault wrote: Hi everyone, In my experience not only do we need to individually couture each probug but of more interest to me has been to see how each person tests according to their lifestyle/ personality type; ie: bifidophilus flora- are mostly children and adults who don't take

themselves so seriously, Reuteri's are people on the go etc... Hope this helps, Gloria C. Gault Ginger Nash-Wolfe <drgingernash> wrote: There are so many more forms of lactobacillus than just acidophilus--the ecosystem will apparently respond differently in different circumstances. Obviously, for most people probiotics will be wonderful but there are situations where we will create other imbalances. I think we are going to see a lot more individualization in terms of what probiotic we give. I've had a number of people respond poorly at certain times in their treatment. Ginger Nash-Wolfe, ND21 Street, 2nd floorNew Haven, CT 06511 Re: -gut bugs -A We have 10,000,000,000, 000 bugs in our GI tract (more than the number of cells we have in the body).When we add a few billion (even up to 150 billion with Replete), it is but a drop in the bucket. About 50% of the stool mass is made up of "dead" bugs that need to

replaced daily.So it would be an impossible task to put too many in there (in my mind).So eat away and enjoy all those bacteria we are feeding ourselves daily to keep us well.Dick ThomBambu clinic, Portland, ORcancer, endocrine, Business of Health Hey all,I was asked by a student...can you take too many good bugs? Can one overdose on probiotics.Personally I feel like one could bathe in the stuff and be fine, the more the merrier, but I suppose even with the bad bugs it is all about balance so I am checking in with the group...is there such a thing as too much of a good thing? Haywood Naturopathic and Chinese Medicine Portland, OR Women's Health and Chronic Disease************ **Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape.http://body. aol.com/fitness/ winter-exercise? NCID=aolcmp00300 000002489 Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. www.docsawhill.com This communication and any attachment may contain

confidential and/or privileged information, which is intended for use only by the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not an intended recipient, please be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy all copies of the original transmission. To safeguard your privacy, try your best to restrict the use of e-mail to general questions. E-mail consults can never take the place of a personal consultation. Please ensure that your care is overseen by a qualified professional with whom you have personal contact.

I do think that what i have seen is that we can give to many good bugs to quickly to a very toxic system. So building up to larger and larger doses will help to prevent "die off effect" or making a person sick from to many good gut bugs to quickly in the system. I personally have had people get vaginal yeast infections, extreem fatigue, very bad diarrhea with to much to fast. I have especially seen this when people have gone out on their own and started taking the garden of life (soil based) pro-biotics (not something that i have recommened). Have not had this issue so much with any of the HMF products. With that being said I have not had a problem with people taking in to much good bugs from naturaly fermented foods such as Kiffer, kombucha, and lactofermented foods. Personality types and gut bugs is a very interesing concept and I am sure we all would love to learn more!

Caruso ND

ston MI.

Family

To: From: docsawhill@...Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:22:08 -0800Subject: Re: -gut bugs -A

Gloria,

Please say more....Is there an archive of this information (personality types and gut bugs)?

Where can I learn more?

Sawhill, ND

Beaverton, ORgloria gault <nutritouch1> wrote:

Hi everyone,

In my experience not only do we need to individually couture each probug but of more interest to me has been to see how each person tests according to their lifestyle/ personality type; ie: bifidophilus flora- are mostly children and adults who don't take themselves so seriously, Reuteri's are people on the go etc...

Hope this helps,

Gloria C. Gault

Ginger Nash-Wolfe <drgingernash> wrote:

There are so many more forms of lactobacillus than just acidophilus--the ecosystem will apparently respond differently in different circumstances. Obviously, for most people probiotics will be wonderful but there are situations where we will create other imbalances. I think we are going to see a lot more individualization in terms of what probiotic we give. I've had a number of people respond poorly at certain times in their treatment.

Ginger Nash-Wolfe, ND21 Street, 2nd floorNew Haven, CT 06511

www.docsawhill.com This communication and any attachment may contain confidential and/or privileged information, which is intended for use only by the addressee(s) indicated. If you are not an intended recipient, please be advised that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete/destroy all copies of the original transmission. To safeguard your privacy, try your best to restrict the use of e-mail to general questions. E-mail consults can never take the place of a personal consultation. Please ensure that your care is overseen by a qualified professional with whom you have personal contact.

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.