RemedySpot.com

Suggestions for Broken Leg Needed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I was riding bareback on a 3 year old gelding & he went up and I knew he was coming on over. I bailed, thinking whatever I did was gonna be less painful than staying on him & getting crushed. Visions of fractured pelvis and whatever else flashed before my eyes ...He landed right beside me & then I prayed he would not get back up on top of me. He did not WHEW! Then I calmly called to my family that my leg was broken & waited for the ambulance when I could not get into a car without stabilization. Did not want that bone to poke thru for sure. I layed in the ER hall on a bed for 5 hours waiting for surgery. I never have taken anything more than Tylenol. Am now pretty much off the Tylenol except for the occasional one at night. The nurses and Drs kept trying to push drugs on me, talking about how BAD my leg was DUH! I just laid there focusing on trying to keep the swelling down so they could do surgery. They were all amazed with the minimal swelling of an almost compound fracture. Kept telling EVERYONE over and over my body needs nothing more to process & the pain keeps me from hurting it more, as all they wanted to do was push drugs on me. Then they were all amazed at how well I was doing. Duh again, with no drugs to impair my movement and thought process. I am sure they were all happy for me to leave really, especially after I had them hunt me down some Rice milk and informed them what a bad breakfast no fat cows milk, eggs, bacon, white toast, margarine and coffee was....Anywho, Surgery went great. Plated and screwed tibia and fibia as well as the bone that pokes out of your ankle on the side. 46 staples, 14 screws, and a whole lotta bandages. Want to use DMSO but didn't know about all the metal in my leg? Supplements I am currently taking: 8 fish oil caps from Sams, 1000 mg Vit E, 300 mg CoQ10, 2000 mg Vit D, 1200 mg Calcium, 4 drops Magnascent Iodine, 1 L-Carnatine, 1 L-Arginine, 2 each Juice Plus Berry, Veggi and Fruit Caps, and a high potency multi vit and trace mineral pill daily. Am thinking of adding transdermal b vitamins with DMSO, some MSM as well as some transdermal Magnesium. any other ideas and comments? Dr said this fracture had the highest failure rate for healing properly. Go Figure........

Kathy

PS Pretty much stuck in bed and would love to call anyone that has something to offer or time to visit.

"We are being taxed to blow up bridges in Iraq and rebuild them, while ours are falling down." Read the Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Campaign For Liberty"Freedom to make bad decisions is inherent in the freedom to make good ones. If we are only free to make good decisions, we are not really free. " Dr Ron Like Liberty and want to keep it? We can helpCongressman Ron Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one place. Try it now.