If you reread my post I am in no way saying anything bad about the

family and just commenting on the show. I love the fact that

such a loving, talented and deserving family was on Extreme Home

Makeover. And they deserved the house they got, and it was an

awesome

house!!

Kathleen's response:

I think there is some confusion here. There was quite a bit of negative talk

on another list. I don't think anyone here said anything terribly negative.

I'm pleased with the way the list discussed the show briefly and moved on .

<http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=19486243/grpspId=1707463527/msgI

d=6109/stime=1193415729/nc1=4617369/nc2=4836031/nc3=4763760>

• 7 months later...
Guest guest

Hi Joleen:

Welcome! You will find very valuable information on this website along with a lot of very supportive individuals.

Here are a few thoughts off the top of my head. Would you like to post your lab work? Many people post the tests that they have had and what their levels are as well as the lab ranges.

When you mentioned that you seem to have a swing in your moods, I thought it could be due to hormone levels or adrenals. Have you any of them tested?

As far as the weight issue, many of us deal with this on a daily basis and can totally sympathize with you. My holistic doctor told me to do more resistance exercises to help with weight loss as opposed to cardio, although cardio is good for the heart.

I am Hashi's also and used to be on Synthroid, then Levothyroxine and just this past April have switched to Armour. Many people on this site posted that they have felt better on Armour so I thought I would try it. And I do feel better, not as tired and my brain fog has went away. I do know some people here do not do well with Armour though. It is really about trial and error and what works best for you.

Good luck and I am sure many others will give you some great advice.

Subject: HiTo: Thyroiditis Date: Saturday, June 14, 2008, 8:11 PM

Hi all! I just wanted to take a couple moments to introduce myself. I wasdiagnosed with Hashimoto’s almost 3 years ago after having mydaughter. It all started after delivery when my body went into ahyperthyroid shock and I lost 38 lbs in a week (I was 250 the day Idelivered), my skin became very sensitive and I had hives growing intomy ears. By the time we figured it out I was into a hypo mode andgained back about 10 -15 lbs and started becoming fatigued (other thanthe new baby stuff!)Since then I have worked my butt off to try to lose weight but my bodysticks me between about 196 and 208. As soon as I shed a littleweight my body laughs at me and kicks it into slow mode. I workoutmoderate to hard about 4 or 5 times a week and get in a few lessintense activities the other days. I have tried every diet out there,including juice diets, but my body continues to laugh! Now I am

justcounting points with Weight Watchers just to maintain some control.The biggest problem I face is my ups and downs, the downs happeningabout every 6 months and hitting hard. I begin to be depressed whichturns into anxiety (the typical panic attacks, social anxiety, sweatypalms, heart racing). The depression and then anxiety usually lastabout a month total and then I’m smooth sailing again, motivated, andon the run until the next battle. During my upswing I feel greatwhich helps but the down swing is never far enough away.Unfortunately we have moved a bit so I have seen several doctors (toobad I had to leave a few) and am now with an endocrinologist whodoesn’t seem very informed (or at least not as much as I would like).I am on Synthroid and tried a combo with Cytomel but that gave meextreme headaches so I am back to the Synthroid by itself. Althoughthe Cytomel did help “pick me

up” out of the last anxiety phase.When I battle my down swing I always tell my husband “it’s medical”because I know it isn’t a normal thing for me and I guess I waslooking for a group to see if others have faced any similar problems,how they treated things, any other therapies that helped, etc. Look forward to chatting! Thanks!Joleen

• 3 months later...

YOur son's case is very similar to many children here. If you have

a willing doctor and good insurance, please get as many tests as you

can -- you may be able to help all of us. The theory is that in

some people's body's, miralax breaks down into ethylene glycol and

actually poisons the child. The rest of us here figured this out

weeks/months/years after our children were harmed. If you can get

testing done -- you might prove this theory for all.

Secondly - if I were you I would follow the protocol for EG

poisoning -- which include taking B6.

>

> I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums

after

> starting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the

miralax

> as he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just

started

> K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil

> himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be

> restrained) to see if that helps.

>

> I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might

> take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving

it

> to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it

helps.

> If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly.

>

> He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2

large

> cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly

> complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause

him to

> act out as well.

>

my son has been off miralax for just over a week it took me a good five days to get him to calm down the aggressive behavior and tantrums got much worse just like with your little one he was being very intense the pain got much worse for him while on miralax as well. I have been teaching how to relax his body deep breathing warm compress on bellly cold cloth on back of neck rubbing his shoulders(they were so tense he was holding them up by his ears)ive also got him doing pilates with me

Subject: Re: HITo: miralax Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 2:07 PM

YOur son's case is very similar to many children here. If you have a willing doctor and good insurance, please get as many tests as you can -- you may be able to help all of us. The theory is that in some people's body's, miralax breaks down into ethylene glycol and actually poisons the child. The rest of us here figured this out weeks/months/ years after our children were harmed. If you can get testing done -- you might prove this theory for all.Secondly - if I were you I would follow the protocol for EG poisoning -- which include taking B6.>> I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums after> starting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralax> as he has had behavior issues for quite some time

and he just started> K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil> himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be> restrained) to see if that helps.> > I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might> take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving it> to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.> If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. > > He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 large> cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly> complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him to> act out as well.>

The GI and brain are neuro linked! Any issue going on in the intestinal tract is going to greatly affect the brain/behaiviour! Behaiviour has been greatly linked to the gi! Over 80% of the immune is in the intestinal tract, so even virus/bacteria issues are going to affect behaiviour. My sons gi was sooo sensitive that it was even triggering his siezures. Miralax(most pharma drugs, antibiotics etc), vaccines(this was a huge one for our son/5yr round for school did him in), chlorinated water, toxin/chemicals in food etc. etc. I feel that my sons issues started from antibiotics, this caused issues with excreting toxins etc, vaccines then not able to filter/excrete from the body(chemicals/toxins was absorbed) and so the same with miralax(absorbed/no chemical excreting). My son started mirlax, seemed ok, but with issues, became very pale, cirlcles around eyes,

excess urine, etc. etc. This seemed to be a possible precurser/set the stage to his vaccine reaction 2mths later with an already distressed gi befor hand from antibiotics. Well just mainly noted is the GI/behaiviour issues can be pretty serious if gi is damaged/distressed! Aloe vera juice helps in calming the gi distress! Magnesium can help with the moods/behaiviour, so both also help loosen the stools! Jennie<><

Subject: HITo: miralax Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 6:53 AM

I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums afterstarting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralaxas he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just startedK. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soilhimself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to berestrained) to see if that helps.I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it mighttake more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving itto him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 largecap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantlycomplains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him toact out as well.

how much aloe juice do you use does he tolerate it well?

From: fchisham <farahchisham (DOT) com>Subject: HITo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Monday, September 15, 2008, 6:53 AM

I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums afterstarting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralaxas he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just startedK. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soilhimself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to berestrained) to see if that helps.I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it mighttake more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving itto him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 largecap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantlycomplains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him toact out as well.

A good preventive/soothing/healing amount would be just 1 or 2 ounces, every couple of days(I personally would start with 1 ounce, wait and if all is good do again the next day)! My son is 9yrs this month and average of 45lbs(we did use this amount when he was 5yrs, natural doc recommended). If for soothing of the gi, trying "'s" brand would be a good start(it is tastless/smelless). The doesnt do much for constipation(the main ingredients for this are removed). If the child is already backed up it well take 3-4 oz in morning of the more whole forms(wallmart brand works good for little bitter taste), then if nothing, a second dose towards evening(our son usually wakes up with a good movement). Our son is on pureed so we are able to add to his food with pedia sure. You can mix with sweeter juices/pedia sure ect. to help disguise the taste. http://www.positivehealth.com/article-list.php?subjectid=11 Jennie<><

From: fchisham <farahchisham (DOT) com>Subject: HITo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Monday, September 15, 2008, 6:53 AM

Wow! I've noticed that my 3 1/2 son has been having temper tantrums and

fighting me more at bedtimes. For just over a month and he started a small dose

of Miralax (1 tsp/day) mid-July. We upped it to a capful/day a week ago. After

finding this group, I've stopped it completely. I don't know if a small amount

over a month could be the issue or if it's just a coincidence. But the

connection between the GI and behavoir is something I need to think about more.

He's always been hard to deal with at bedtime and I wonder if it's because of

his constiption issues (has been an issue since 12 months or so)

HI

I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums after

starting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralax

as he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just started

K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil

himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be

restrained) to see if that helps.

I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might

take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving it

to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.

If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly.

He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 large

cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly

complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him to

act out as well.

my daughter had the same reaction -

and nothing but miralax worked for the contipation - then we tried

magnesium citrate from www.kirkmanlabs.com and it worked. A daily dose

- about 1/2 tsp worked wonders. However, she finally flat out refused

to take it because of the taste so we had to keep looking for the right

thing. All along we had been giving her probiotics but they did not

"fix" the problem until we ordered the chewable pro-bio gold from

kirkman. They are expensive, but within a few weeks of one tablet

daily in the morning, she started going daily and now sometimes twice a

day. She was constipated for 4 years before these pills! They are a

miracle for us!

fchisham wrote:

I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums

after

act out as well.

i sure notice that a lot of us saw constipation in our kids around 12

mo of age.

Jaeger wrote:

Wow! I've noticed that my 3 1/2 son has been having temper

tantrums and fighting me more at bedtimes. For just over a month and he

started a small dose of Miralax (1 tsp/day) mid-July. We upped it to a

capful/day a week ago. After finding this group, I've stopped it

completely. I don't know if a small amount over a month could be the

issue or if it's just a coincidence. But the connection between the GI

and behavoir is something I need to think about more. He's always been

hard to deal with at bedtime and I wonder if it's because of his

constiption issues (has been an issue since 12 months or so)

HI

I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums after

act out as well.

I suspect the use of antibiotics/vaccines/chlorinated water/flouride is a prime cause for this! All destroy the balance of gi function and the neuro issues as well(gi/brain are neuro linked), vaccines breaks the camels back! Jennie<><

Wow! I've noticed that my 3 1/2 son has been having temper tantrums and fighting me more at bedtimes. For just over a month and he started a small dose of Miralax (1 tsp/day) mid-July. We upped it to a capful/day a week ago. After finding this group, I've stopped it completely. I don't know if a small amount over a month could be the issue or if it's just a coincidence. But the connection between the GI and behavoir is something I need to think about more. He's always been hard to deal with at bedtime and I wonder if it's because of his constiption issues (has been an issue since 12 months or so) HII have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent

temper tantrums afterstarting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralaxas he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just startedK. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soilhimself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to berestrained) to see if that helps.I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it mighttake more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving itto him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 largecap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantlycomplains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him toact out as well.

Welcome,

I've been researching this for almost a decade and I can tell you that what you are seeing is clearly a result from this chemical. There are many testimonies of this violent behavior. It's very sad to hear story after story and they cannot make the connection. What you are seeing is a result of the chemical that's being given to him and affects are unknown. (at least thats what they say) I can assure you that this behavior will improve if you take him off...............to think of what this is doing to these children is horrifying.............please read the FDA adverse reactions and some of the helpful alternatives in the files section...............

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/miralax/files/

Subject: HITo: miralax Date: Monday, September 15, 2008, 8:53 AM

I noticed the behavior in my 3 1/2 year old as well and also pulled her off Miralax. I also noticed that both of my children had very bad breath from it.

Wow! I've noticed that my 3 1/2 son has been having temper tantrums and fighting me more at bedtimes. For just over a month and he started a small dose of Miralax (1 tsp/day) mid-July. We upped it to a capful/day a week ago. After finding this group, I've stopped it completely. I don't know if a small amount over a month could be the issue or if it's just a coincidence. But the connection between the GI and behavoir is something I need to think about more. He's always been hard to deal with at bedtime and I wonder if it's because of his constiption issues (has been an issue since 12 months or so) HII have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent

temper tantrums afterstarting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralaxas he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just startedK. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soilhimself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to berestrained) to see if that helps.I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it mighttake more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving itto him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 largecap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantlycomplains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him toact out as well.

I am so happy for you!!!

I second that!!! My daughters behaviour is directly linked to the status of her digestion. I just would not even believe if I didnt see it happening myself.

this stuff extremely affects the nervous system. Is he shoulder shrugging or is he walking around like that all the time. The nervousness seems to be a long term side affect that won't go away................Is he loaded with gas?

From: mommtlc <oldworldtile@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: HITo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Monday, September 15, 2008, 2:07 PM

YOur son's case is very similar to many children here. If you have a willing doctor and good insurance, please get as many tests as you can -- you may be able to help all of us. The theory is that in some people's body's, miralax breaks down into ethylene glycol and actually poisons the child. The rest of us here figured this out weeks/months/ years after our children were harmed. If you can get testing done -- you might prove this theory for all.Secondly - if I were you I would follow the protocol for EG poisoning -- which include taking B6.>> I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums after> starting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralax> as he has had behavior issues for quite some time

and he just started> K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil> himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be> restrained) to see if that helps.> > I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might> take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving it> to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.> If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. > > He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 large> cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly> complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him to> act out as well.>

Shoulder shrugging is also a sign of neck pain. Is he batting at the back of his head? Sweating behind his head when he wakes? Any gate or balance issues?

From: mommtlc <oldworldtile@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: HITo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Monday, September 15, 2008, 2:07 PM

These are symptoms that can be from complex brain based problems. They can be caused by meds, but they can also develop as a part of a complex disorder - or even worse, their development as part of a complex disorder can be triggered or worsened by meds.

It's a trick to follow the trail slowly and conscientiously. Eliminating meds and then giving it time to work can be a great way to make sure a symptom is or isn't med related (along with careful observation of whether the onset coincided with starting or increasing a med.) But it can take a long long time to follow the trail, let the dust settle from changes, etc. Very frustrating to say the least.

sharry, aidan's mom

Re: HITo: miralax@yahoogroups .comDate: Monday, September 15, 2008, 2:07 PM

YOur son's case is very similar to many children here. If you have a willing doctor and good insurance, please get as many tests as you can -- you may be able to help all of us. The theory is that in some people's body's, miralax breaks down into ethylene glycol and actually poisons the child. The rest of us here figured this out weeks/months/ years after our children were harmed. If you can get testing done -- you might prove this theory for all.Secondly - if I were you I would follow the protocol for EG poisoning -- which include taking B6.>> I have a 5yo son who started exhibiting violent temper tantrums after> starting MiraLax about 2 months ago. I'm not sure if it is the miralax> as he has had behavior issues for quite some time and he just started> K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil> himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be> restrained) to see if that helps.> > I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might> take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving it> to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.> If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. > > He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 large> cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly> complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him to> act out as well.>

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.169 / Virus Database: 270.6.21/1673 - Release Date: 9/15/2008 6:49 PM

, I was referring to tics, these are very common with miralax use, i.e. shoulders unvoluntarily going up and down, grimacing, eyebrows unvoluntarily going up, excessive blinking

and he just started> K. I've stopped the miralax (I'd rather have him soil> himself/constipated than hit and kick his teachers and have to be> restrained) to see if that helps.> > I so so so so hoping it is the MiraLax but I am very aware it might> take more than a day or 2 to get out of his system. I quit giving it> to him 2 days ago. It an easy first step to take to see if it helps.> If it doesn't, I'll add the miralax back in slowly. > > He is 45lbs and is 5years old and his ped told us to give him 2 large> cap fulls a day and then reduce it to 1 cap full. He constantly> complains that his tummy hurts so I'm sure the pain could cause him to> act out as

well.>