RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Fwd: ABCNEWS.com: Two Asthma Meds May Be Too Risky, FDA Panel Says

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WOW TEE! My heart goes out to you in a major way! I am still so exhausted today. I said screw the mortgage payment and paid the $250 for my 4 asthma meds. The freaking mortgage company called here yesterday, the dam pmt wasn't even late yet and I flat out told him, would he rather I DIE and not have my asthma meds OR make his freaking payment, OMG did his tone change, So he waved our late fee because I can't make the pmt until next Friday! Dam ass wipes

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of TEE KNOTHSent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:15 AMTo: asthma Subject: RE: Re: Fwd: ABCNEWS.com: Two Asthma Meds May Be Too Risky, FDA Panel Says

Yep Terry I agree asthma is a pain. I have had it for 24 years and I too use to be the one armed with all the info but I guess I gave up. The doctors listen but then they seem to be frustrated themselves. So every time they have to ween me off the vent it's on to the newest medication or upping the dosages I just do what they want anymore. Besides they see me in the hospital anywhere from 2 to 6 X's a year usually inpatient 10-12 days in the ICU or the ACU. If they get me in there they know I'm bad and I am lucky if they release me in under two weeks, that is with alot of begging and back on home oxygen for a few weeks til the lungs get back to there job.

TEE

From: Terry <soccer.momverizon (DOT) net>Subject: RE: Re: Fwd: ABCNEWS.com: Two Asthma Meds May Be Too Risky, FDA Panel SaysTo: asthma Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 7:54 PM

I think the only thing we can do Tonya is to do our own research and take it in to the dr's office with us. Believe it or not, they respect and take us alot more serious when we have done our research, with my PCP and asthma dr it does anyways. I have to admit having asthma is one of the most frustrating conditions I have. I'm trying to get the laundry done so I can lay down to hopefully get some sleep. Dh walked in the door and said I looked like HELL in a nice way, He was going to take over the laundry but it smells better when I do it and it's not over loaded. So I told him to take take of the youngest as far as dinner and I'd take care of the laundry. My body is so exhausted BUT I have to get this stuff done or I won't rest peacefully

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) com [mailto:asthma@ yahoogroups. com] On Behalf Of TonyaSent: Friday, December 12, 2008 11:46 AMTo: asthmayahoogroups (DOT) comSubject: Re: Fwd: ABCNEWS.com: Two Asthma Meds May Be Too Risky, FDA Panel Says

I have never posted before due to work and school. The last few days I have gotten to catch up due to my asthma. I have what they classify as severe asthma and daily take eight different medications for the asthma then six others for side effects or prevention.I have had asthma since I was 12 y/o and been on a vent six times in my lifetime. The last fifteen years seem to be the worst, I seem to be on prednisone atleast nine out of twelve months a year. I have always worried about the safety of the medications but then every day that I am alive and breathing that matters more. Why doesn't the FDA look into long long term effects of these drugs? Most studies are only over a few years and are aimed more at the effects on kids and teens. Don't get me wrong I trust my PCP and Pulmonary Doc's but they all have different views or want to change me to newest hottest drug that's on the market. I have heard that alot of Doc's have stock in these companies and the more they prescribe the meds the higher their stocks go. I also know asthma is one of those diseases that can't be cured because nobody really know's alot about it even though it has been around a long time. Where do draw the line? Where else can you get more info on the risky meds of today,yesterday, or tomarrow meds. Well my neb. tx is done so am I. Any info.or suggestions would be a great help. God Bless and Merry Christmas.Tee