RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Do steroids cause nose bleeds?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Your welcome! Any time that's what friends/Sisters are for!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Rodney & CindiSent: Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:03 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Do steroids cause nose bleeds?

thanks Terry for your response. Sometimes I give what happens to me, and do not know if anyone relates...I just know I trusted the doctor and started my nasonex regimen. I also know the bad bloody noses stopped about two weeks after I started using it. I had lived in Phoenix then, and was doing a job outdoors...lots of pollution and dust. I still get bloody noses, but I am thinking that I have thin linings...another symptom of menopause...my skin is thinning. What I had went to the doctor for then was severe bloody noses. happy holidays!!CindiTerry wrote:

9x's out of 10 a nose bleed comes from a few different things, a thin lining in the sinus membrane, and dry air. For those who are prone to nose bleeds that's not much you can do but keep a tissue handy at all times. However it's been proven that Nasonex can help keep the passages from drying out and also a sinus rinse a day or a daily mist spray up your nose can also help! JMO

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of Rodney & CindiSent: Friday, December 12, 2008 12:00 AMTo: asthma Subject: Re: Re: Do steroids cause nose bleeds?

About 12 years ago I was put on Nasonex...have been using it ever since. The reason the doctor put me on it was the severe nose bleeds I was having. It is funny because one of the side effects of Nasonex is nose bleeds, but I started using it, and it cleared my problem up. I still get nose bleeds, but it usually occurs when there is cold dry weather, and they are nothing like before...I had one episode that lasted all night long. Nasonex has steroid in it. CindiMadeline wrote:

I am currently on 55mg/day ( & have been continuously on steroids sinceMay) and I have never had a nose bleed.Madeline>> It's been since April since I used them regularly so I can'tremember if they cause nose bleeds or not. Seems like around the timeI was diagnosed with Asthma a couple years ago I had a couple nosebleeds when I was taking the steroids. I'm on Aerobid. The VA onlyhas 3 steroids, one is Aerobid, one is the oral steriod, and theotherone I can't think of right now either.> > Char>