RemedySpot.com

Re: Please: Source for raw unsulfured unfumigated nuts & fruits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I would be interested in knowing of a source too.  Though I forget why we should avoid the sulfured ones...maraI had a reference from one of my groups which I've lost on a sourcefor the unsulfured raw or dried/freeze dried fruits and for rawuntreated nuts .. it was a coop I believe. If anyone has any sourcelike direct from farmer also please let me know via email or email mepersonally for phone number to talk. I am also posting this to acouple other groups. Thanks, Joyce

the sulfer effects the flavor ...not good.

i thinkit's usually silfer dioxide ... i also forget why to avoid it aside from flavor.

-----Original Message-----From: DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO [mailto:DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO ]On Behalf Of Mara MilesSent: Monday, December 08, 2008 6:59 AMTo: DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO Subject: Re: Please: Source for raw unsulfured unfumigated nuts & fruitsI would be interested in knowing of a source too. Though I forget why we should avoid the sulfured ones...

mara

I had a reference from one of my groups which I've lost on a sourcefor the unsulfured raw or dried/freeze dried fruits and for rawuntreated nuts .. it was a coop I believe. If anyone has any sourcelike direct from farmer also please let me know via email or email mepersonally for phone number to talk. I am also posting this to acouple other groups. Thanks, Joyce

I buy dried fruit from Country Life Natural Foods in Michigan. They're at www.clnf.org; dried Nectarines are $4.15 per pound at 5 pounds. Obie.

the sulfer effects the flavor ...not good.

i thinkit's usually silfer dioxide ... i also forget why to avoid it aside from flavor.

-----Original Message-----From: DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO [mailto:DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO ]On Behalf Of Mara MilesSent: Monday, December 08, 2008 6:59 AMTo: DimethylSulfoxide-DMSO Subject: Re: Please: Source for raw unsulfured unfumigated nuts & fruitsI would be interested in knowing of a source too. Though I forget why we should avoid the sulfured ones...

mara

I had a reference from one of my groups which I've lost on a sourcefor the unsulfured raw or dried/freeze dried fruits and for rawuntreated nuts .. it was a coop I believe. If anyone has any sourcelike direct from farmer also please let me know via email or email mepersonally for phone number to talk. I am also posting this to acouple other groups. Thanks, Joyce

> I would be interested in knowing of a source too.  Though I forget why we

> should avoid the sulfured ones...

>

> mara

I recollect that it's primarily due to some people being allergic to

sulfer compounds.

Chuck

When you are dissatisfied

and would like to go back to youth,

think of Algebra.

Hope this isn't too dumb a question:  DMSO and MSM are both related to sulpher, aren't they?  Would someone bothered by sulfered dried fruits, also not be able to use DMSO and MSM?mara On 12/8/2008 6:59:28 AM, roundaboutfarmfastmail (DOT) fm wrote: > I would be interested in knowing of a source too.  Though I forget why we > should avoid the sulfured ones... > > mara I recollect that it's primarily due to some people being allergic to sulfer compounds. Chuck When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

Yes MSM and DMSO have sulfur in them.

It is the sulfites in dried fruits that bother some people,

not sulfur.

Sulfites are a compound so have other molecules attached

that change

the action.

Sulfur is a huge component of almost anything you eat and a

major mineral

in the body. Without it you would not be alive.

Garnet

Mara Miles wrote:

>

>

> Hope this isn't too dumb a question: DMSO and MSM are both related to

> sulpher, aren't they? Would someone bothered by sulfered dried fruits,

> also not be able to use DMSO and MSM?

>

>

> mara

>

> On Dec 8, 2008, at 2:36 PM, cking001@...

> wrote:

>

>> On 12/8/2008 6:59:28 AM, roundaboutfarm@...

>> <mailto:roundaboutfarm%40fastmail.fm> wrote:

>> > I would be interested in knowing of a source too. Though I forget

>> why we

>> > should avoid the sulfured ones...

>> >

>> > mara

>>

>> I recollect that it's primarily due to some people being allergic to

>> sulfer compounds.

>>

>> Chuck

>> When you are dissatisfied

>> and would like to go back to youth,

>> think of Algebra.

>>

>

>

Thank you Garnet!  That makes sense.  Sulfites in wine are also bothersome to some people--I suppose it is the same thing.MaraYes MSM and DMSO have sulfur in them.It is the sulfites in dried fruits that bother some people, not sulfur.Sulfites are a compound so have other molecules attached that changethe action.Sulfur is a huge component of almost anything you eat and a major mineralin the body. Without it you would not be alive.GarnetMara Miles wrote:> > > Hope this isn't too dumb a question: DMSO and MSM are both related to > sulpher, aren't they? Would someone bothered by sulfered dried fruits, > also not be able to use DMSO and MSM?> > > mara> > On Dec 8, 2008, at 2:36 PM, cking001nycap (DOT) rr.com > <mailto:cking001nycap (DOT) rr.com> wrote:> >> On 12/8/2008 6:59:28 AM, roundaboutfarmfastmail (DOT) fm >> <mailto:roundaboutfarm%40fastmail.fm> wrote:>> > I would be interested in knowing of a source too. Though I forget >> why we>> > should avoid the sulfured ones...>> >>> > mara>>>> I recollect that it's primarily due to some people being allergic to>> sulfer compounds.>>>> Chuck>> When you are dissatisfied>> and would like to go back to youth,>> think of Algebra.>>> > 

Hi ... Thanks for all the responses. The reason I want the unsulfured

also is to use bits of, for instance dried fruit, in my kefirs and do

not want the sulfites/sulfurs ?? killing their beneficial

microorganisms. Thanks to all the regulations it is increasingly

difficult to find unadulterated/altered food products for economical

prices. I really pity the poor inner city people. How any of them

survive with the foods economically available is almost a mystery ...

but the diseases, disorders, and conditions they then end up with are

a pharmaceutical manufacturer's dream and the people's nightmares!

Thanks again, Joyce

> > >> > I would be interested in knowing of a source too. Though I forget

> > >> why we

> > >> > should avoid the sulfured ones...

> > >> >

> > >> > mara

> > >>

> > >> I recollect that it's primarily due to some people being

> > allergic to

> > >> sulfer compounds.

> > >>

> > >> Chuck

> > >> When you are dissatisfied

> > >> and would like to go back to youth,

> > >> think of Algebra.

> > >>