RemedySpot.com

Re: Been back to the doctors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

, you take care, the cold air does a number on me as well, our weather here has been such extremes, one day it's in the 70;s then the 30's, then these strong Fronts come through and that has been really giving my lungs a work out, With the meds from the nebulizer I find I am having a terrible time sleeping at night, I am able to catch short cat naps here and there. So I do understand what your going through, you hang in there! And I hope your asthma doesn't get any worse!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of A HillSent: Friday, December 19, 2008 11:36 AMTo: asthma Subject: Been back to the doctors

Decided that after 5 weeks of needing my salbutamol frequently, especially when I'd gone 10 weeks without needing it at all, I really should go see the asthma nurse again. So I did today. There is apparently a virus going round at the moment which is causing people who don't normally have respiratory illnesses to have a tight chest, and she reckons I could have caught this - apparently it normally just lasts 2-3 weeks, but for me it would take longer to clear up anyway, which you all know about already... We recently had a v cold snap, and there was a big increse in A & E admissions because of respiratory probs. But she has put me onto seretide as a temporary measure, an hopefully once all the viruses have finished going round, I can stop using it again...

Unfiortunately, I only seemed to be able to find one pharmacy (not had to pick up a prescription yet living here), and they were out of stock, so will have to wait tomorrow hwen I go to Leeds to get it.

Jenn

PS - Madeline - thanks for the Christmas card. It arrived a day or so ago. Unfortunately, I can't send one back as I have missed the deadline for worldwide postage...

Tha can tek t'lass outta Yorkshire...!

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Yes, any cold or virus takes at least a week longer than the normal

person to get over if you have any lung disease. I get tired of telling

people that who I work with or casual friends who mean well. They fuss

over me and tell me that I should have already gotten over what

ever...and it just takes longer. I actually get self conscious about

the "lingering" wet cough that I carry around for a couple more weeks.

It gets better and better to me day by long day, but to them, it sounds

terrible! To me, a wet cough is good....it is the dry cough that means

I need musinex. As long as I cough and it is productive and not too

productive, I am good to go! But that is my asthma, and I realize

everyone else is different LOL!

Get better!

Cindi

A Hill wrote:

Decided that after 5 weeks of needing my salbutamol

frequently, especially when I'd gone 10 weeks without needing it at

all, I really should go see the asthma nurse again. So I did today.

There is apparently a virus going round at the moment which is causing

people who don't normally have respiratory illnesses to have a tight

chest, and she reckons I could have caught this - apparently it

normally just lasts 2-3 weeks, but for me it would take longer to clear

up anyway, which you all know about already... We recently had a v cold

snap, and there was a big increse in A & E admissions because of

respiratory probs. But she has put me onto seretide as a temporary

measure, an hopefully once all the viruses have finished going round, I

can stop using it again...

Unfiortunately, I only seemed to be able to find one

pharmacy (not had to pick up a prescription yet living here), and they

were out of stock, so will have to wait tomorrow hwen I go to Leeds to

get it.

Jenn

PS - Madeline - thanks for the Christmas card. It arrived

a day or so ago. Unfortunately, I can't send one back as I have missed

the deadline for worldwide postage...

Don't

brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I

want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

I hope so too.... less than a year ago I wasn't asthmatic, and it really drives me mad!

Also found out that over here now, they generally don't give out nebulisers for use at home, as taking a salbutamol inhaler about 20 times through a spacer will have the same effect. I think, though, someone wiht severe asthma would get a nebuliser still, as otherwise you;d be getting trhough no end of inhalers, but for someone like me, it would be okay, and far more cost effective.

Jenn

Don't brand me, don't classify me, don't tell me what to wear. I'll be who I want to be, and I'm proud to be me.

Subject: RE: Been back to the doctorsTo: asthma Date: Friday, 19 December, 2008, 7:44 PM

, you take care, the cold air does a number on me as well, our weather here has been such extremes, one day it's in the 70;s then the 30's, then these strong Fronts come through and that has been really giving my lungs a work out, With the meds from the nebulizer I find I am having a terrible time sleeping at night, I am able to catch short cat naps here and there. So I do understand what your going through, you hang in there! And I hope your asthma doesn't get any worse!

Terry I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teddy Bear's Early Learning ProgramEstablished August of 1992

From: asthma [mailto:asthma ] On Behalf Of A HillSent: Friday, December 19, 2008 11:36 AMTo: asthma Subject: Been back to the doctors

Decided that after 5 weeks of needing my salbutamol frequently, especially when I'd gone 10 weeks without needing it at all, I really should go see the asthma nurse again. So I did today. There is apparently a virus going round at the moment which is causing people who don't normally have respiratory illnesses to have a tight chest, and she reckons I could have caught this - apparently it normally just lasts 2-3 weeks, but for me it would take longer to clear up anyway, which you all know about already... We recently had a v cold snap, and there was a big increse in A & E admissions because of respiratory probs. But she has put me onto seretide as a temporary measure, an hopefully once all the viruses have finished going round, I can stop using it again...

Unfiortunately, I only seemed to be able to find one pharmacy (not had to pick up a prescription yet living here), and they were out of stock, so will have to wait tomorrow hwen I go to Leeds to get it.

Jenn

PS - Madeline - thanks for the Christmas card. It arrived a day or so ago. Unfortunately, I can't send one back as I have missed the deadline for worldwide postage...