RemedySpot.com

When Stress Hits

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Another blog from RNDear Friends... 

I've been busy this past week getting all of my nursing CEU's accomplished. They come up every two years & that means 24 hours of CEU credits. Usually I work at them throughout the year, but this time I let them go to almost the last minute. Then, I had to complete my application for a new nursing license here in the State of Rhode Island. Goodness me....what a bunch of papers!! Anyway, I'm celebrating now because I finally finished everything & sealed the envelope....ready for the post office on Tuesday. 

Monday my husband is having surgery for a growth that appeared on his scalp. He had a squamous cell carcinoma there a few years back & we don't know if this is a recurrence or something else. Anyway, it will mean an excision under general anesthesia & a skin graft. Nothing to sniff about. 

I'm also working on a deadline for my book, The Snow Crocus. That's the fiction I wrote following 's death. The first edited draft is due next Friday, SO....I've been absent from my blogging for a bit. 

I was thinking about what to blog today & I thought you might benefit from looking over my shoulder at what I do when the stress hits. I think it helps to know that I'm no different from anyone else.....and....I have a BIG HISTORY of disorderly eating & sugar issues. So, welcome to my life. Just open the door & come on in. 

Before I forget, I'm enclosing a link to one of my mp3 programs on Food Addiction. Before anyone reports me for advertising on Spark, this link takes you to a simple download & not to any of my websites. None of my mp3 programs give any information about ordering anything, nor my website address. I'm sorry if I sound defensive, but I have been reported before & for no reason. This has made me back off from offering anything to those who read my blogs. This bothers me because I offer the same to those who read my other blogs & my FB page, etc. Anyway...I'll try again to be helpful & hope that it goes well. I consider my work to be " gifts " from my Higher Power & so sharing is a big part of how I live my life. 

Managing Food Addiction with Interactive Self-Hypnosis 

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a 

ction=download & ufid=M3BrZUNzNDJlaFQ1SE 

1UQw 

I wanted to utilize the " add link " feature here, but it wouldn't work...probably because it's a secure site. So, if you want the program you will have to copy & paste in your browser. 

OK...now, once again....come on in. I'm sitting over here. 

You'll notice that it's very quiet in my space. There are other noises in my home, but I stay as isolated as possible. I also make it known to my family & also the dog that I am not to be interrupted. I will let them know when I'm finished doing what I'm doing. I rarely tell anyone what I'm doing for I have no need to explain myself. My personal self-growth is between me & my Higher Power/Self. I simply don't discuss it. BTW, it wasn't always like this. I used to explain myself to everyone. What a mistake that was. I came to understand that I am not looking for anyone's opinion nor help. I found a kind, but assertive way to make this known. Now....there is no issue. 

So, I'm sitting quietly. All the things I told you earlier are playing out in my life, but I am not spending time with them now. This is often called " letting go. " I see/sense it more as a separation from the circus of the world. I've used that image before, so you might recognize it. 

I've dimmed the lights, turned off the phones in my space & have turned my chair to face the direction that I use only for this special communication work with the Highest part of me. I am not praying, not that there is anything wrong with prayer. I'm simply " being. " Just sitting with my attention on my communication with my Higher parts. You might know this as meditation & you would be right, but I meditate differently. My thoughts zoom through my mind as I sit here, but I do not intend to attach to any of them. If I do, then I become aware of that & then let them zoom off. I utilize a mantra or word for my focus. Sometimes I use an image of the Light or a picture that I have chosen as a focus. Lately I've been visualizing a big library filled with books written by the great masters. I say my mantra while sitting in this special environment. 

I ask for nothing. This is just the time I spend here. When my outside stressors are bigger, I come more often. I see/believe my stressors as opportunity conduits or connections to my Higher parts. Once I've " settled in " , I like to spend time on my Path. For those of you who work with my Workshop on Sugar & Food Addiction Team, or read my blogs, you do know about the Path. I like to settle in before entering the Path. I often visit the Light, clean up my emotions & choose which ones to entertain. Lately I've been having Love, Creativity, Joy, Happiness, Peace & Growth surround me. I have an image of conduits or connections ( plugs of sorts ) that connect me directly to them. I sense each one of them independently & then up the voltage or energy. This is especially helpful during difficult or challenging times because the positive emotions over-ride anything that is of the opposite " voltage " in my world or life experience. 

There are many different areas that I visit on my Path. I've only shared a small handful with you here. As time goes on & I'll tell you more about others. Today I'm spending some time with my son. When I'm in deep contact with my Higher parts I can sense a communication with him. What's interesting is that the higher the outer stress, the deeper the meditation & connections & therefore the inner conversations, so you might say that there is a positive side to high level stress. 

Here's the bottom line. Stress kills. It's that simple, so we have a choice. Either choose to stay in it through thinking about it, talking about it, looking for it, etc., or go the other route. I always go the other route. I have no interest in stress related disease, addictions or behaviors that take me away from health & abundance. 

Once again....your choice.