RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Question about copd

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I've had bronchitis alot in my life. Is it something you always have like asthma? That's what they said I had from 0-5 yrs. My asthma doc says he's sure I had asthma then, not bronchitis. But over the years, I've been repeatedly told I had bronchitis and always asked it I had Asthma and I always told them no because mom said it was bronchitis.

Re: Question about copd

COPD is basically not reversible whereas asthma is. Years ago they used to group Asthma in with COPD disorders but as medicine advanced they realized that asthma is not the same as the other COPD disorders...bronchitis and emphysema. Asthma causes the persons airways to become constricted in reaction to something that the airways are sensitive to. With COPD the airways are always inflammed tp a degree but they dont always respond to our rescue inhalers because the thing that causes the inflammation is different. Since asthma is a different animal, the treatments are somewhat different. This doesnt mean COPDers dont get inhalers and such, b/c eventually they do..it just depends on how far advanced they are. Some people with COPD never end up needing inhalers...others do. Ann

Listen to 350+ music, sports, news radio stations – including songs for the holidays – FREE while you browse. Start Listening Now!