RemedySpot.com

Re: Lipodystrophy and Disability- A Guide To Social Security And

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Does anyone out there know what the definition of long-term

disability is? If this continues, I can't bear to go to the office

and I am afraid I can not manage financially on my own unless I get

disability benefits...

Social Security Disability is very hard to get nowadays. I have seen people with very low T cells and high VL getting denied, but they usually can push it through a second time with a good lawyer. Depression/anxiety based disability beacuse of your body changes is even harder to prove, but then again it depends how sick you are. You may want to talk to a good disability lawyer in your city. Most big AIDS Service Organizations know of pro bono programs to access free legal advise. If you are working, some big companies rather have you out of there if you have AIDS to minimize liability, so they may be easier on you. It depens on the situation.

You may also want to check how much social security money you are entittled to get by visiting

"A Guide To Social Security And SSI Disability Benefits For People With HIV Infection"

Publication No. 05-10020

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10020.html

Vergel

Program for Wellness Restoration, PoWeR

www.medibolics.com

www.facialwasting.org

Click to subscribe to lipodystrophy

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelics. Persistence and determination are omnipotent." Calvin Coolidge, 30th President of the US