RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Mucous Med???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My doctor told me about Mucinex as well and it does great for me. I get Wal Mart's Equate brand and it does fine and doesn't cost that much. If any of you have a Sam's Club membership, get a great big bottle. It's cost effective and lasts a long time. I did that with my OTC allergy med.

God bless you!

To: asthma Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:36:56 PMSubject: Re: Mucous Med???

Hi ,The best over the counter is Mucinex. I have heard that it is cheapest from CVS if you have one near you. I buy the Walgreens brand. The main ingredient is guafenisin, which is also an ingredient in many OTC meds such as Robitussun. This is what my doc tells me to get. Says it is more effective than anything else he could prescribe. It is also what they give to me when I am in the hospital.Madeline >> I am looking for advice on a good med to break up mucous in the chest. I have cancer and had to have surgery across the whole front part of my neck and they damaged some of the nerves that coordinate the ability to cough correctly, so when I get a chest cold I cannot cough

productively and the mucous just builds up in my chest cold after cold. By the way, I got asthma after radiation treatments, so having asthma and not being able to cough to clear your airway is very difficult. I do not know if there is a really good over-the-counter med that will clear the mucous, or if I need to call my doctor and get a prescription. I am really bad right now, so my breathing is horrible. I can use the inhaler and do Xopenex breathing treatments, but that can only do so much if I actually have stuff blocking my airway.> > Any ideas on a good over-the-counter med I can try?> > >