RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: enzymes?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am trying these you reccomended.... big bucks....

Re: enzymes?

>> hi> i was wondering how you know if you need "digestive" enzymes; i > have read in different places that hashis folks may have a problem > with not enough enzymes?> Hi Carol,Most of us do better on digestive enzymes. I take product called"Digest Gold" by Enzymedica which is a full-spectrum enzyme and alsohas DPPIV activity, meaning it can digest the proteins in wheat andgluten that can be problematic for many.But I also take their "Gluten-Ease" which specifically targets glutenand has a higher DPPIV activity. I add this to the other enzyme withany meal that contains wheat. All enzymes should be taken prior to eatingI do believe we hash's would do far better eliminating glutenaltogether, but a rarely eat bread anymore and don't like sandwiches,so I don't get as much as some. I just am not quite ready to give itup totally since when going out to eat I don't want to have to worryabout any bits of wheat that could be in the meal. I carry my enzymeswith me in my purse.> i do know that when i eat beef that it seems to slow my "digestive > cycle" down (slower transit time and just feel "heavier" <, but I > also have the same problem when eating corn (eg corn taco shells, > taco chips) which i believe is due to a food allergy...> > has anyone tried them and if so what kind?> > i just got one that is Natural Papaya and Pineapple enzymes (IE > bromelain, papain and mycozyme> > --but i just noticed the store had "broad spectrum" ones that had > about 10* different enzymes.. is there any controversies with any of > these or bad side effects> > -Carol> > PS i have the "famous" hypothyroid symptom of scalloped tongue, but > it appears that only a very few of us have this problem..> one nurse told me she heard once that it could be a "gall bladder" > symptom and related to not digesting foods..>

I take probiotics and fiber everyday. I do not know if I have low stomach acid. I rarely if ever have stomach issues but do have glutin issues

Re: enzymes?

Jamy,If you have weak digestive system you may want to consider Probiotics to build up the good bacteria levels in addition to enzymes.If you are like me and have low stomach acid you will most likely need a Betaine Hydrochloride supplement to create the lacking stomach acid in order for the enzymes to effectively do their jobs. I use Hydro-Zyme by Biotics Research.I have not tried the Digest Gold, actually I don't know much about it either. I really like some of the very reasonably priced Swanson supplements. I have been using their Full Spectrum n*zimes. I just reordered and got 2 bottles for the price of one $9. (I have a special price code if anyone is interested.) It contains fiber and milk sugar enzymes as well as protein, fat, and carb enzymes. After I read Dr. Howell's book "Food Enzymes for Health and Longevity" I switched from Source Naturals Essential Enzymes, which are good, too. These full spectrum ones are more benefitical to me though. Also, I have been using Swanson's Ultra BioCore DPP IV Gluten Peptide Enzymes ($8) and they have been a tremendous help with my gluten issues and very, very helpful when eating out as you never know what exactly what is added to the foods. I wouldn't trade it since it works so well for me. I need probiotics as well and use Swanson's ProBiotic-4 ($6), which has four good strains of bacteria to help me build up my "good" bacteria in my digestive tract. Mine was also zilch and Wouldn't trade these either.The real trick is using the supplements consistently everyday. Happy Zymes,Bj> >> > hi> > i was wondering how you know if you need "digestive" enzymes; i > > have read in different places that hashis folks may have a problem > > with not enough enzymes?> > >> > Hi Carol,> Most of us do better on digestive enzymes. I take product called> "Digest Gold" by Enzymedica which is a full-spectrum enzyme and also> has DPPIV activity, meaning it can digest the proteins in wheat and> gluten that can be problematic for many.> > But I also take their "Gluten-Ease" which specifically targets gluten> and has a higher DPPIV activity. I add this to the other enzyme with> any meal that contains wheat. All enzymes should be taken prior to eating> > I do believe we hash's would do far better eliminating gluten> altogether, but a rarely eat bread anymore and don't like sandwiches,> so I don't get as much as some. I just am not quite ready to give it> up totally since when going out to eat I don't want to have to worry> about any bits of wheat that could be in the meal. I carry my enzymes> with me in my purse.> > > > > i do know that when i eat beef that it seems to slow my "digestive > > cycle" down (slower transit time and just feel "heavier" <, but I > > also have the same problem when eating corn (eg corn taco shells, > > taco chips) which i believe is due to a food allergy...> > > > has anyone tried them and if so what kind?> > > > i just got one that is Natural Papaya and Pineapple enzymes (IE > > bromelain, papain and mycozyme> > > > --but i just noticed the store had "broad spectrum" ones that had > > about 10* different enzymes.. is there any controversies with any of > > these or bad side effects> > > > -Carol> > > > PS i have the "famous" hypothyroid symptom of scalloped tongue, but > > it appears that only a very few of us have this problem..> > one nurse told me she heard once that it could be a "gall bladder" > > symptom and related to not digesting foods..> >>