RemedySpot.com

Re: Speculation on Increasing Acuity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Not in my experience--still a huge lack of decent breastfeeding support in the hospitals here. Beebe, M.Ed., IBCLC Lactation Consultant/Postpartum Doula www.second9months.comwww.facebook.com/thesecond9months.--- Subject: Speculation on Increasing AcuityTo:

Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:47 PM

Hi all,

I was talking to another IBCLC here about the shift I'm seeing in my

private practice this year. My overall numbers are down and the

patients I am seeing have problems that are extremely complex. I've

always had some clients with multi-factor or severe issues but about a

third were basic, single issue cases. I was blaming it on the economy

(seems like a likely scapegoat for all small business woes) but my

friend had another idea. She speculated that since JCAHO changed their

core measures to better emphasize in-hospital breastfeeding support,

more patients in our area are getting lactation services after delivery.

She thinks this is screening out an increasing number of patients with

relatively simple problems. I'm curious to hear what the rest of you

think of her theory.

Warmly,

Carroll

It night be nice if that were true, but I don't think hospitals are in any way doing a good job.

I just did a 6 hours webinar called Heal the Mother/Heal the Baby and in my intro I talk about noticing this trend beginning 15 years ago. I believe it's almost entirely an issue of sicker women having babies. Guts are so severely damaged form generations of medicalized birth, AF, birth control pills, abx, vaccines and the SAD--on top of environmental toxins--that this is where we are.

These babies are canaries in the mine, IMO.

That's why I designed the webinar--bc I think all LCs are going to need to know how to help moms with the consequences of this damage to their guts--hence their immune systems, nervous systems, endocrine systems, structure and of course their brains. We cannot keep doing the damage we are doing and expect it not to have consequences-- we are physiologically a disaster and it shows.

Tow, IBCLC, USA & France

Intuitive Parenting Network, LLC

Speculation on Increasing AcuityPosted by: "sandbc1a" 5carrolls@... sandbc1aTue Feb 28, 2012 5:48 pm (PST)

Hi all,I was talking to another IBCLC here about the shift I'm seeing in myprivate practice this year. My overall numbers are down and thepatients I am seeing have problems that are extremely complex. I'vealways had some clients with multi-factor or severe issues but about athird were basic, single issue cases. I was blaming it on the economy(seems like a likely scapegoat for all small business woes) but myfriend had another idea. She speculated that since JCAHO changed theircore measures to better emphasize in-hospital breastfeeding support,more patients in our area are getting lactation services after delivery.She thinks this is screening out an increasing number of patients withrelatively simple problems. I'm curious to hear what the rest of youthink of her theory.Warmly, Carroll