RemedySpot.com

WELCOME

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi to everyoneThought I'd better finally introduce myself. I have been lurking here since late last year, after passing the IBCLC exam last year. Seeing 's name here and her mention of the Australian Breastfeeding Association made me liven up and wonder why her name was familiar to me. , you are on the ABA email counselling list too!I am Debbie Dixon from Dubbo, NSW, Australia. I have three sons ( turning 20 tomorrow, Ben who will be 18 in July and who will be 6 in June). My background is in nursing and I have also gained qualifications in remedial massage and aromatherapy. The last 5 years have almost totally been absorbed with learning about the art and science of breastfeeding. I am also a breastfeeding counsellor for the Australian Breastfeeding Association but am not presently active with my local group due to my recent lactation studies and setting up my private practice.

I very much enjoy reading the posts here by so many very knowledgeable and experienced lactation consultants around the world. It is great to know there are also other Australians in this group. It's plain to see how much we all have in common whilst we are working with breastfeeding women, but also interesting and enlightening to be aware of the differences that do exist in different settings and different countries.Looking forward to continuing reading the posts and, in due course, to add posts myself. Warm regards,Debbie Dixon RN IBCLC Dubbo NSW Australia