Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

As with :

I did find her Suzanne Colson's presentation to be balanced and interesting in

terms of the reflexes. I am baffled by the alleged comments that she said low

supply is an American phenomenon and that she is offering a certificate for a

single technique. My colleagues here joke about developing a certificate for

cupcake making for their own particular recipe of making cupcakes.

Best regards,

E Burger, MHS, PhD, IBCLC

NYLCA President

sburgernutr@...

Guest guest

I too like the information about reflexes.  It is logical and I like logical.  Has everyone seen www.theconnectedbaby.org?  We are learning every day something new and wonderful about the reality that babies are people!  Anything that makes parents see their babies as real people with real feelings and very smart makes me happy!  Even the reflexes she points out can actually be determined movements more than reflexes.  It is only the labeling and owning and marketing of 'techniques' as some magic that annoy me.  At least her work is good for babies and doesn't set me off like the swaddling movement of Karp and the certifications he created.  But, I am around way too long now and am finding there is nothing new, just new ways of explaining what many of us have already known, seen, experienced.  I like the explanations that make me go " see, that is why " ... and I do that often these days.  I guess if this was all new to me, then I would be more excited when something new was being touted as the best way ever.  If you read her articles they are not so rigid and instead explain how it is the rigidity that we are to avoid.

Pam-- Pam MazzellaDiBosco, IBCLC, RLCBirthing & Beyond, Inc.Labor Support and Lactation Consultant Services