Guest guest

Aimee,

Teatree essential oil, diffused will attack mold,better than bleach. I

would strongly urge you to get rid of the mold while you are in this

trailer or move somewhere.

This can badly sensitize you and blow your immunity system, where it

will not only be mold but all kinds of things that can effect your

breathing.

Your Doc might not know that all, a lot of GP's are ignorant about it.

Try to figure out something, I urge you to do so.

C-M

Hi Christa,

I was going to go to the health food store for some more lavender oil. I use

it for a disinfectant. I will also get me some of that TeeTree oil. I am

also highly allergic to mold. My crawl space is to small for me to get to,

but there is mold down there. You have to crawl on your stomach . Need to

find a skinny man. : ) Thanks for the info.

Hugs, Anneliese

Re: Mold and lungs

Aimee,

Teatree essential oil, diffused will attack mold,better than bleach. I

would strongly urge you to get rid of the mold while you are in this

trailer or move somewhere.

This can badly sensitize you and blow your immunity system, where it

will not only be mold but all kinds of things that can effect your

breathing.

Your Doc might not know that all, a lot of GP's are ignorant about it.

Try to figure out something, I urge you to do so.

C-M

what exactly does the oil do????

>From: "Anneliese"

>Reply-To: asthma >To:

>Subject: RE: Mold and lungs >Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 11:25:44 -0400 > >Hi Christa, >I was going to go to the health food store for some more lavender oil. I use >it for a disinfectant. I will also get me some of that TeeTree oil. I am >also highly allergic to mold. My crawl space is to small for me to get to, >but there is mold down there. You have to crawl on your stomach . Need to >find a skinny man. : ) Thanks for the info. >Hugs, Anneliese > > Re: Mold and lungs > > >Aimee, >Teatree essential oil, diffused will attack mold,better than bleach. I >would strongly urge you to get rid of the mold while you are in this >trailer or move somewhere. >This can badly sensitize you and blow your immunity system, where it >will not only be mold but all kinds of things that can effect your >breathing. >Your Doc might not know that all, a lot of GP's are ignorant about it. >Try to figure out something, I urge you to do so. >C-M > > > > > >

Hi Aimee,

Yes, coffee does help if you are having a mild asthma attack. Hot and black seems to help. But if you are having a really hard time breathing and your chest is tight, go to the ER.

Hugs, Anneliese

-----Original Message-----From: sand_n_surf37 Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 6:50 PMTo: asthma Subject: Mold and lungsUntil now I just had a few SMALL attacks a year. MY albuterol inhaler did the trick.....a puff or 2. Recently we moved and did not know we were in a flood zone. 3 weeks ago heavy rains flooded and now a layer of mold has grown beneath our mobile home and up the sides. I finally got so bad I went to the doctor...he said I am not infected or anything just tight lungs. I am breathles,lightheaded and using my inhaler like he told me EVERY hour! Grrrrrr....we took off all the underpinning to air the house it...it helped some. What else can I do!?I am waiting on court money from my divorce and can move the home elsewhere, or sale.......but saling would take more time....however I do not want the home if it has mold on the flooring beneath it.....in the meatnime, besides my inhaler,zyrtec and nasal sprays....any other tricks.....is it true CAFFEINE cofee helps?AIMEE

decaf or caf? I went to the doctor because I never had an attack like this.....it began sunday night and still have it with SMALL improvements each day. Theyjust sent me home and said to do 2-3 puffs every hour! and keep using my zyrtec and to get out of the house.....well thats impossible. I am tired of trying to get a dep breathe!

I have 3 kids and I am wornout now.....and school starts in a week. When it started my chest hurt but that has eased. so I take it.....this is a good sign????

-- RE: Mold and lungs

Hi Aimee,

Yes, coffee does help if you are having a mild asthma attack. Hot and black seems to help. But if you are having a really hard time breathing and your chest is tight, go to the ER.

Hugs, Anneliese

-----Original Message-----From: sand_n_surf37 Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 6:50 PMTo: asthma Subject: Mold and lungsUntil now I just had a few SMALL attacks a year. MY albuterol inhaler did the trick.....a puff or 2. Recently we moved and did not know we were in a flood zone. 3 weeks ago heavy rains flooded and now a layer of mold has grown beneath our mobile home and up the sides. I finally got so bad I went to the doctor...he said I am not infected or anything just tight lungs. I am breathles,lightheaded and using my inhaler like he told me EVERY hour! Grrrrrr....we took off all the underpinning to air the house it...it helped some. What else can I do!?I am waiting on court money from my divorce and can move the home elsewhere, or sale.......but saling would take more time....however I do not want the home if it has mold on the flooring beneath it.....in the meatnime, besides my inhaler,zyrtec and nasal sprays....any other tricks.....is it true CAFFEINE cofee helps?AIMEE

SunShine..

Teatree oil will kill moldspores. One can use it wash water or diffuse

it into the air.

Together with some other essential oils they can also neutralize the

odor.

C-M

Hi Christa,

I don't remember lieschen, but grew up using a lot of carmella Tea und

lindsen Tea. Ok I will do that with the charcoal bags too. I love learning

things about essential oils. I found that haveing lavender oil on my pillows

relaxes me and actually helps my breathing . If you ever feel like sharing

more about essential oils let me know.

Danke, Anneliese : )

Anneliese, ( Lieschen? :)

Put a few drops of teatree oil into a bowl of hot water. The oil will

stay on top and the hot water will diffuse the molecules in the house.(

Essential oils are extremely concentrated and you really do not need

more than a few drops, less is better here..)

For the crawlspace, you can do the same and I also would suggest getting

some of those charcoal bags like they have in Florida to pick up the

moisture.

I use teatree as an disinfectant ( it's used in many hospitals to beat

staff infections) because I can't deal with chlorine bleach.

C-M

Anneliese, ( Lieschen? :)

Put a few drops of teatree oil into a bowl of hot water. The oil will

stay on top and the hot water will diffuse the molecules in the house.(

Essential oils are extremely concentrated and you really do not need

more than a few drops, less is better here..)

For the crawlspace, you can do the same and I also would suggest getting

some of those charcoal bags like they have in Florida to pick up the

moisture.

I use teatree as an disinfectant ( it's used in many hospitals to beat

staff infections) because I can't deal with chlorine bleach.

C-M

HI AIMEE,

iT HAS TO BE CAFFINATED . IT SORT OF WORKS LIKE GETTING AN EPINEPHRINE SHOT. IT GETS YOUR ADRENALIN GOING TO FORCE YOUR LUNGS AND YOUR WHOLE SYSTEM ACTUALLY TO WORK HARDER . wHAT IS IT THAT THE DOCTOR WANTS YOU TO USE EVERY 2-3 HOURS. YOUR RESCUE INHALER ? WELL I WAS ALWAYS TOLD TO USE TWO PUFFS EVERY 3-4 HOURS AS NEEDED. IF YOU HAVE TO USE IT EVERY HOUR, MY ADVISE TO YOU IS FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR, OR CALL HIS OFFICE AND SEE IF MAYBE THERE WAS A MISUNDERSTANDING IN HIS INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOU. yES IT IS A GOOD SIGN THAT YOUR CHEST PAIN HAS EASED , BUT PERHAPS THAT PAIN IS MORE DUE TO STRESS WHICH OF COURSE COULD SET OFF YOUR ASTHMA. hOPE i AM NOT CONFUSING YOU.

HUGS, ANNELIESE

RE: Mold and lungs

Hi Aimee,

Hugs, Anneliese

You mentioned that you didn't know you were in a flood area. Personally I would contact my attorney and see if the sale of this property to you may be void. You might be able to get all your money back as well as damages. Just a thought.

Mold is hard to remove once it gets into wood. And if you are in a flood area, it is bound to come again. Health comes first so I pray you will find a way to get out of this situation.

((Hugs))

Char

I feel Fine wrote:

we tore off all the underpinning under our trailer.......its was UNBELIVABLE the odor released out for 2 whole days! even now if you get real close its bad.so this got rid of the moldy underpinning.

Theres patches of mold growth on the ground....a few window seals have it. BUT what if it got into the duct work for the a/c? sometimes it smells? its probably just picking it up from the ground...is treeoil $$$? we have several natural food stores I can probably get it from....is there anything special to look for or just the oil??

it can be diffused in water? then what? scrub the window seals,etc? pour it under the trailer on the patches?

we want to move the trailer as long as no mold goes with us...but it may be anywhere from 1-4 mos before we can move.....i am waiting on money from a court settlement.......

-- Re: Mold and lungs

SunShine..Teatree oil will kill moldspores. One can use it wash water or diffuseit into the air.Together with some other essential oils they can also neutralize theodor.C-M

we tore off all the underpinning under our trailer.......its was UNBELIVABLE the odor released out for 2 whole days! even now if you get real close its bad.so this got rid of the moldy underpinning.

Theres patches of mold growth on the ground....a few window seals have it. BUT what if it got into the duct work for the a/c? sometimes it smells? its probably just picking it up from the ground...is treeoil $$$? we have several natural food stores I can probably get it from....is there anything special to look for or just the oil??

it can be diffused in water? then what? scrub the window seals,etc? pour it under the trailer on the patches?

we want to move the trailer as long as no mold goes with us...but it may be anywhere from 1-4 mos before we can move.....i am waiting on money from a court settlement.......

SunShine..Teatree oil will kill moldspores. One can use it wash water or diffuseit into the air.Together with some other essential oils they can also neutralize theodor.C-M

they have 1 ounce bottles for $11.00 and she said definately dilute it....does this stuff smell?

that is my other problem...I can not use reg detergents or perfumes,etc. i was told bleach diluted kills it ,too but I am highly allergic to bleach......

Anneliese, ( Lieschen, is the German pet name for Anneliese)

Kamillen tee and Linden tee..good stuff. Chamomille tea will help you

sleep ( unless you have a ragweeed allergy, than it can backfire..)

and Linden tea will make you mellow and sleep.

incense essential oil, diffused in a room , has also helped people

to breathe.

I am allergic like heck to perfumes and fragrances, but true essential

oils I can take, with the exception of a few.They are often

misunderstood for the stuff that Glade has brought out as Aromatherapy

has an aroma allright but it's from Fragrance oils..

True and good essential oils have been used medicinally in France for

some time and throughout history., they have their place.

I use many of them for medicine.

Go to Naturesgift.com, who is a very good supplier and she has a

wonderful website.On it you will find explanations and warnings about

essential oils. It's almost like a free book. It's very thorough.

C-M

If you can get someone that can handle chlorine bleach,use that for the

underpinnings, also use diluted for the windows. Get a fan to dry it all

out good.

Teatree oil is not terribly expensive, it will last along time because

it's so concentrated.*, It's the best to diffuse inside or to clean

intricate things with, I would not pour it under the house, that's way

to expensive.

Chlorine bleach will do the job, too, but it does aggravate my Asthma

fiercely, so I can't use it.

Do clean the filters good on an AC unit, stagnant, moldy water in it can

breed Legionnaires disease.

C-M

* To give you an idea about the concentration of essential oils. It

would take about 10 bathtubs full of lavender buds to produce 1 oz. of

essential oil of lavender..With essential oils, less is better...

Teatree has a smell, but not horribly, sort of an medicinal smell..

Could you possibly move in with a friend for a day or so and have

someone else do the bleach job? It's good you took the underpinning off,

airing will help..

C-M

my albuterol

Hi Aimee,

Hugs, Anneliese

p.s. yes i also have anxiety disorder so i am sure some is that too.

Hi Aimee,

Hugs, Anneliese

About your house, it all depends how you bought it. Flood damage etc.

needs to be dealt with before one signs the papers, otherwise it's ' As

is'..

Whoever was your Realtor and KNEW about the flood damage and did NOT

tell you before you signed the papers, in Michigan ( don't know about

your State).

But if they told you it had gone through a flood and you did not inspect

it, you are stuck with it.

C-M

when I asked my attorney I had asked her about the

electrical things not working and stuff like that......she

said when a home is over 10 yrs I cant do anything....however

I will ask about the flood and HEALTH HAZARDS..that

may be altogether different!

HI CHRISTA,

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE WEB SITE. I WILL LOOK AT IT IN THE MORNING. WELL IT

IS 1 AM NOW HEE HEE BUT I NEED TO SLEEP BEFORE GOING TO IT. THIS SOUNDS LIKE

IT WILL BE JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR. I ALSO USE OREGANO OIL FOR

PAIN . IT IS SO STRONG THAT I DILUTE IT WITH ALMOND OIL SO IT WONT BURN MY

SKIN. OH .... I NEVER HEARD ANYONE CALL ME LIESCHEN BEFORE, BUT IF YOU WANT

TO YOU MAY CALL ME THAT.

HUGS, ANNELIESE

Anneliese, ( Lieschen, is the German pet name for Anneliese)

Kamillen tee and Linden tee..good stuff. Chamomille tea will help you

sleep ( unless you have a ragweeed allergy, than it can backfire..)

and Linden tea will make you mellow and sleep.

incense essential oil, diffused in a room , has also helped people

to breathe.

I am allergic like heck to perfumes and fragrances, but true essential

oils I can take, with the exception of a few.They are often

misunderstood for the stuff that Glade has brought out as Aromatherapy

has an aroma allright but it's from Fragrance oils..

True and good essential oils have been used medicinally in France for

some time and throughout history., they have their place.

I use many of them for medicine.

Go to Naturesgift.com, who is a very good supplier and she has a

wonderful website.On it you will find explanations and warnings about

essential oils. It's almost like a free book. It's very thorough.

C-M

I hope in your state it is. I know in Ohio we have disclosure laws on just about anything you buy and many of those laws are Federal. If you financed the home, ask the finance company as well. I wish you luck. Asthma can kill and I know we have had cases where a thing called Black Mold has been found growing and has killed. Take care of your self.

Char

I feel Fine wrote:

when I asked my attorney I had asked her about the

electrical things not working and stuff like that......she

said when a home is over 10 yrs I cant do anything....however

I will ask about the flood and HEALTH HAZARDS..that

may be altogether different!

LOL

You want

the caffeine. The stimulant makes the airways expand.

Will Sawtelle c);-}>

wsawtell@...

-----Original

Message-----

Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2002

2:03 PM

To: asthma

Subject: RE: Mold and

lungs

decaf or caf? I went

to the doctor because I never had an attack like this.....it began sunday

night and still have it with SMALL improvements each day. Theyjust sent me

home and said to do 2-3 puffs every hour! and keep using my zyrtec and to get

out of the house.....well thats impossible. I am tired of trying to get

a dep breathe!

I have 3 kids and I am

wornout now.....and school starts in a week. When it started my chest hurt

but that has eased. so I take it.....this is a good sign????

-------Original

Message-------

Date:

Thursday, August 15, 2002 08:46:16 AM

Subject: RE:

Mold and lungs

Hi Aimee,

Yes, coffee does help if you are having

a mild asthma attack. Hot and black seems to help. But if you are having a

really hard time breathing and your chest is tight, go to the ER.

Hugs, Anneliese

Mold and lungs

Until now I just had a few SMALL attacks a year. MY albuterol

inhaler

did the trick.....a puff or 2. Recently we moved and did not know

we

were in a flood zone. 3 weeks ago heavy rains flooded and now a layer

of mold has grown beneath our mobile home and up the sides. I finally

got so bad I went to the doctor...he said I am not infected or

anything just tight lungs. I am breathles,lightheaded and using my

inhaler like he told me EVERY hour! Grrrrrr....we took off all the

underpinning to air the house it...it helped some.

What else can I do!?

I am waiting on court money from my divorce and can move the home

elsewhere, or sale.......but saling would take more time....however I

do not want the home if it has mold on the flooring beneath it.....in

the meatnime, besides my inhaler,zyrtec and nasal sprays....any other

tricks.....is it true CAFFEINE cofee helps?

AIMEE

Your use of

Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!

Terms of Service.

Your use of

Terms of Service.

IncrediMail

- Email has finally evolved - Click Here

LOL

You want

the caffeine. The stimulant makes the airways expand.

Will Sawtelle c);-}>

wsawtell@...

-----Original

Message-----

2:03 PM

Subject: RE: Mold and

lungs

decaf or caf? I went

to the doctor because I never had an attack like this.....it began sunday

night and still have it with SMALL improvements each day. Theyjust sent me

home and said to do 2-3 puffs every hour! and keep using my zyrtec and to get

out of the house.....well thats impossible. I am tired of trying to get

a dep breathe!

I have 3 kids and I am

wornout now.....and school starts in a week. When it started my chest hurt

but that has eased. so I take it.....this is a good sign????

-------Original

Message-------

Date:

Thursday, August 15, 2002 08:46:16 AM

Subject: RE:

Mold and lungs

Hi Aimee,

Yes, coffee does help if you are having

a mild asthma attack. Hot and black seems to help. But if you are having a

really hard time breathing and your chest is tight, go to the ER.

Hugs, Anneliese

Mold and lungs

Until now I just had a few SMALL attacks a year. MY albuterol

inhaler

did the trick.....a puff or 2. Recently we moved and did not know

we

were in a flood zone. 3 weeks ago heavy rains flooded and now a layer

of mold has grown beneath our mobile home and up the sides. I finally

got so bad I went to the doctor...he said I am not infected or

anything just tight lungs. I am breathles,lightheaded and using my

inhaler like he told me EVERY hour! Grrrrrr....we took off all the

underpinning to air the house it...it helped some.

What else can I do!?

I am waiting on court money from my divorce and can move the home

elsewhere, or sale.......but saling would take more time....however I

do not want the home if it has mold on the flooring beneath it.....in

the meatnime, besides my inhaler,zyrtec and nasal sprays....any other

tricks.....is it true CAFFEINE cofee helps?

AIMEE

Your use of

Terms of Service.

Your use of

Terms of Service.

IncrediMail

- Email has finally evolved - Click Here

I like teatree. I use teatree shampoo.

Will Sawtelle c);-}>

wsawtell@...

Teatree has a smell, but not horribly, sort of an medicinal smell..

Could you possibly move in with a friend for a day or so and have

someone else do the bleach job? It's good you took the underpinning off,

airing will help..

C-M

Well,

first there is the principle of Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). It is the

purchaser’s responsibility to fully investigate the property they are buying.

Some states now have laws on the books that require a seller to inform the

buyer of any known problems with the property, but not all. Even so, if it

comes to court, the judge may decide you ‘should have known’ the area was flood

prone, especially if it is in an are that is officially designated as such.

Second, (speaking

as a Civil Engineer with considerable experience in storm water management,

flood control, etc.) many areas that flood are not officially designated as ‘flood

prone’. Your local city/county engineer may be able to help you determine if

you are in such an area. The Federal Emergency Management Agency is tasked with

the responsibility of managing the National Flood Insurance Program, which is

what creates the ‘official’ designation, at least in this area. If the property

has been designated as in a (official sounding voice here) “Special Flood

Hazard Area Inundated by the 100-Year Flood”, you would have been required to

purchase flood insurance by your lender at the very least.

Otherwise,

I second Charlotte’s sentiment. Get Well, and try to stay away from the mold.

Will Sawtelle c);-}>

wsawtell@...

-----Original

Message-----

4:48 PM

Subject: Re: Mold and

lungs

You mentioned that you didn't know you

were in a flood area. Personally I would contact my attorney and see if

the sale of this property to you may be void. You might be able to get

all your money back as well as damages. Just a thought.

Mold is hard to remove once it gets into

wood. And if you are in a flood area, it is bound to come again.

Health comes first so I pray you will find a way to get out of this situation.

((Hugs))

Char

I feel Fine wrote:

we tore off all the

underpinning under our trailer.......its was UNBELIVABLE the odor released

out for 2 whole days! even now if you get real close its bad.so this got rid

of the moldy underpinning.

Theres patches of mold

growth on the ground....a few window seals have it. BUT what if it got

into the duct work for the a/c? sometimes it smells? its probably just

picking it up from the ground...is treeoil $$$? we have several natural food

stores I can probably get it from....is there anything special to look for or

just the oil??

it can be diffused in

water? then what? scrub the window seals,etc? pour it under the trailer on

the patches?

we want to move the

trailer as long as no mold goes with us...but it may be anywhere from 1-4 mos

before we can move.....i am waiting on money from a court settlement.......

-------Original

Message-------

Date:

Thursday, August 15, 2002 11:21:15 AM

Subject: Re:

Mold and lungs

SunShine..

Teatree oil will kill moldspores. One can use it wash water or diffuse

it into the air.

Together with some other essential oils they can also neutralize the

odor.