RemedySpot.com

Re: RE: Prayer Request

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You could take hope from the fact that huge numbers in the USA military are now refusing to sign up for another term, or going AWOL. The general morale is very very low because the men know the current war is illegal and unjustified - I think what they are saying is not being reported much in America though. But your son will meet these ideas and that will help him be more realistic.

Please, please, please Keep this kind of divisive opinions out of our self improvement group.

Prayers

Guest guest

I might be jumping the gun here, but I don't think was finding

fault in her son's decision to join the military, just asking us to pray

that he stays safe.

And that I will definitely do..

Kathie

Guest guest

Shan,If you want the truth.. The path my son was headed down was much more dangerous then the one he is now headed into.I feared more for his safety here then I do in the US Air Force.I just asked for prayers. I guess I probably shouldn't have on this list but it was unexpected that he left so soon. Wereceived the phone call yesterday at 4:30pm and he left today at 6pm. This was totally out of the blue as he was told probably October...He just signed up less then a week ago :) The only prayers I am asking for is that Gods will be done.. I leave therest in Gods hands. Sorry I hate boards that discuss God and Politics and that was NEVER my intention. I didn't mean to start this type of discussion.Thanks again, in Texas (TnT)Give yourself a real pay raise. GET OUT OF DEBT! Re: Prayer request> I don't think was finding > fault in her son's decision tojoin the military, just asking us to pray > that he stays safe.Sorry I maybe put my foot in it esp reading 's post - I know aminority do support this war but I didn't think parents did.It never occurred to me that a mother would feel anything but totalhorror because the only way a son will stay safe is to get out.Prayers don't change the risk because plenty of kids get prayed forand it doesn't keep them safe.I did once meet a mother in America who said she was proud to send herson to die in Vietnam but I thought she was crazy poor thing. This goes right outside my universe. Apologies again.

Guest guest

hang in there hun- and God bless the wonderful man you

have raised- may God always watch over him and keep

him safe- and if you ever need anything, please let me

know-

love to you,

cherise

--- " in Texas (TnT) "

wrote:

> Shan,

> If you want the truth.. The path my son was headed

> down was much more

> dangerous then the one he is now headed into.

> I feared more for his safety here then I do in the

> US Air Force.

>

> I just asked for prayers. I guess I probably

> shouldn't have on this list

> but it was unexpected that he left so soon. We

> received the phone call yesterday at 4:30pm and he

> left today at 6pm. This

> was totally out of the blue as he was told probably

> October...

> He just signed up less then a week ago :) The only

> prayers I am asking for

> is that Gods will be done.. I leave the

> rest in Gods hands. Sorry I hate boards that

> discuss God and Politics and

> that was NEVER my intention. I didn't mean to start

> this type of

> discussion.

>

> Thanks again,

> in Texas (TnT)

> Give yourself a real pay raise. GET OUT OF DEBT!

>

> Re: Prayer request

>

> > I don't think was finding > fault in her

> son's decision to

> join the military, just asking us to pray > that he

> stays safe.

>

> Sorry I maybe put my foot in it esp reading 's

> post - I know a

> minority do support this war but I didn't think

> parents did.

> It never occurred to me that a mother would feel

> anything but total

> horror because the only way a son will stay safe is

> to get out.

> Prayers don't change the risk because plenty of kids

> get prayed for

> and it doesn't keep them safe.

> I did once meet a mother in America who said she was

> proud to send her

> son to die in Vietnam but I thought she was crazy

> poor thing. This

> goes right outside my universe. Apologies again.

>

>

Guest guest

I know the feeling , and am glad you asked for our prayers. Ours are with you both. Leena" in Texas (TnT)" wrote: Shan,If you want the truth.. The path my son was headed down was much more dangerous then the one he is now headed into.I feared more for his safety here then I do in the US Air Force.I just asked for prayers. I guess I probably shouldn't have on this list but it was unexpected that he left so soon. Wereceived the phone call yesterday

at 4:30pm and he left today at 6pm. This was totally out of the blue as he was told probably October...He just signed up less then a week ago :) The only prayers I am asking for is that Gods will be done.. I leave therest in Gods hands. Sorry I hate boards that discuss God and Politics and that was NEVER my intention. I didn't mean to start this type of discussion.Thanks again, in Texas (TnT)Give yourself a real pay raise. GET OUT OF DEBT! Re: Prayer request> I don't think was finding > fault in her son's decision tojoin the military, just asking us to pray > that he stays safe.Sorry I maybe put my foot in it esp reading 's

post - I know aminority do support this war but I didn't think parents did.It never occurred to me that a mother would feel anything but totalhorror because the only way a son will stay safe is to get out.Prayers don't change the risk because plenty of kids get prayed forand it doesn't keep them safe.I did once meet a mother in America who said she was proud to send herson to die in Vietnam but I thought she was crazy poor thing. This goes right outside my universe. Apologies again.

Guest guest

Sue that is wonderful!!!!! How great to share your time and caring for those who need it. Many hugs and blessings to you Leena PS I am proud of your selflessnesssue miles wrote: Hi, I am Canadian. I felt a need to make a difference about 18 months ago to someone who has made the ultimate choice and sacrifice i respect so much. I am non-partisan however as a human being to another there were military personnel over there with no one to support them....so i found this amazing place called adopt

a platoon, the angel network, and many other incredible sites that are non political but want to make sure they are not forgotten in between the yeahs and nahs, truths and lies. I have adopted four amazing soldiers/marine/pilot who have taught me more about the human spirit than words can describe. We don't talk about politics, war, religion, but what we do talk about....is the boring the ordinary the humor about everyday civie life. They have welcomed me with open arms although i am of another country...i will always thank adopt a platoon for this experience. There is much to be done.....for or against doesn't make a difference it creates indifference. take care of you suelabtrek1941 wrote: Shan, The Iraq war is a

totally divisive issue here, even in families. My son and his wife are totally behind President Bush and the war. They have a college age son, and I asked them how they would feel if he were over there. They anwered that it is not an issue as he is the only son, so would not be required to serve. I am pretty sure they are wrong, but I do feel that the only real measure of one's support is what you have to lose and are willing to risk. The real test would be if we reenacted the draft One of my best friends, a nurse, lost her job and home to Hurricane Katrina, then lost her son in Iraq in October. She is now raising his children (he was divorced and had custody). I would have to respect her opinion, whatever it is. She has earned the right to it, but at what cost. All I can do is support those I love, as I can surely not

change their opinions. Whatever feels, I am sure she would support her son in his decision which was seriously and thoughtfully made, I would guess. She supports him, we support her. All that matters, ultimately. W Re: Prayer request > I don't think was finding > fault in her son's decision to join the military, just asking us to pray > that he stays safe. Sorry I maybe put my foot in it esp reading 's post - I know a minority do support this war but I didn't think parents did.It never occurred to me that a mother would feel anything but total horror because the only way a son will stay safe is to get out. Prayers don't change the risk because plenty of kids get prayed for and it doesn't keep them safe.I did once meet a mother in America who said she was proud to send her son to die in Vietnam but I thought she was crazy poor thing. This goes right outside my universe. Apologies again. Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos

• 2 years later...

My prayers are with you and yours!

Lyncia

Subject: RE: Prayer Request

To: livercirrhosissupport

Date: Monday, October 13, 2008, 10:19 PM

Hey everybody.  Just wanted to ask you to pray for me tomorrow.  I will be going

into the Outpatient Surgery Center for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy.  No major

problems expected, but some things need to be looked into.  Hope you all are

doing as well as possible.

Love and hugs........ ....

Diane C. from TN

You got it Diane! I'll be praying for ya!

Pamela

RE: Prayer Request

Hey everybody. Just wanted to ask you to pray for me tomorrow. I will be

going into the Outpatient Surgery Center for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. No

major problems expected, but some things need to be looked into. Hope you all

are doing as well as possible.

Love and hugs............

Diane C. from TN

will be thinking of you

Hey everybody.  Just wanted to ask you to pray for me tomorrow.  I will be going

into the Outpatient Surgery Center for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy.  No major

problems expected, but some things need to be looked into.  Hope you all are

Diane C. from TN

I'll sure pray for you. My endoscope is Wednsday. Love and hugs, Bobby

long life, old age, everything good-Apache prayer

Hey everybody. Just wanted to ask you to pray for me tomorrow. I will be going

into the Outpatient Surgery Center for an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. No major

problems expected, but some things need to be looked into. Hope you all are

Diane C. from TN

Bobby,

How was your endoscopy yesterday? Praying all went well!

Love,

Pamela

Re: RE: Prayer Request

I'll sure pray for you. My endoscope is Wednsday. Love and hugs, Bobby

long life, old age, everything good-Apache prayer