RemedySpot.com

Re: Great Stories of Success

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Great idea ! I would volunteer our story. ~Krista

Subject: Great Stories of SuccessTo: infantile_scoliosis Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27 PM

I can understand not wanting to send Ped. docs DVDs. But I thinks these are the best tools. ISOP has all these great stories from parents, why not interview them? put these stories on a dvd, interview the main docs doing casting, discussing there experiences. The dvd is not going to cost to much, you can buy a hundred on line for 50 cents a dvd, all that has to be done is burning the dvd. And with so many people buying new computers with dvd burners on them, maybe parents can help burn these dvds. The cost is going to be in producing these dvds. However, I think maybe the cost could be cut down, by using schools as resources. There are a lot of schools out there, high schools, colleges, that may be willing to volunteer their time for a class project. This could cut down the cost. For example Doctor Jacques D'Astous also works for the University of Utah, maybe they would want to help flim a

interview with him on the procedure. Many people are willing to help out for a good cause. Just some ideas

So would I!!! Steph

From: <poulsenjosh@ aol.com>Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] Great Stories of SuccessTo: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. comDate: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27 PM

I can understand not wanting to send Ped. docs DVDs. But I thinks these are the best tools. ISOP has all these great stories from parents, why not interview them? put these stories on a dvd, interview the main docs doing casting, discussing there experiences. The dvd is not going to cost to much, you can buy a hundred on line for 50 cents a dvd, all that has to be done is burning the dvd. And with so many people buying new computers with dvd burners on them, maybe parents can help burn these dvds. The cost is going to be in producing these dvds. However, I think maybe the cost could be cut down, by using schools as resources. There are a lot of schools out there, high schools, colleges, that may be willing to volunteer their time for a class project. This could cut down the cost. For example Doctor Jacques D'Astous also works for the University of Utah, maybe they would want to help flim a

interview with him on the procedure. Many people are willing to help out for a good cause. Just some ideas

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, its time we tackle this project , as well. We will produce 2

dvd's....One for medical prof's only, one on awareness for the general

public. This project will cost us a significant amount of $, but we now

have all of the ingredients to produce effective pieces. We couldnt say

that 5 years ago.

ATTENTION ALL PARENTS:

If you are willing to share your child/families early treatment edf

casting experience/testimonial, we would appreciate it, greatly. As you

know, hearing experiences from families that have been through it, is

essential in proving that ET is a valid, effective treatment, if done

properly. Perhaps, you all can help ISOP come up with a checklist for

people wanting to participate in this project....Like, items to be

addressed. How was the overall experience? How was it to take care of an

infant/child in a series of jackets? Hygiene issues, before/after films,

etc........There is so much to discuss, so please send your thoughts about

what topics would be most helpful for parents beginning their childs edf

casting journey......

Exciting!

HRH

> Great idea ! I would volunteer our story. ~Krista

>

>

>

>

>

> Subject: Great Stories of Success

> To: infantile_scoliosis

> Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I can understand not wanting to send Ped. docs DVDs. But I thinks these

> are the best tools.

> ISOP has all these great stories from parents, why not interview them? put

> these stories on a

> dvd, interview the main docs doing casting, discussing there experiences.

>

> The dvd is not going to cost to much, you can buy a hundred on line for 50

> cents a dvd, all

> that has to be done is burning the dvd. And with so many people buying new

> computers with

> dvd burners on them, maybe parents can help burn these dvds. The cost is

> going to be in

> producing these dvds. However, I think maybe the cost could be cut down,

> by using schools

> as resources. There are a lot of schools out there, high schools,

> colleges, that may be willing

> to volunteer their time for a class project. This could cut down the cost.

> For example Doctor

> Jacques D'Astous also works for the University of Utah, maybe they would

> want to help flim a

> interview with him on the procedure. Many people are willing to help out

> for a good cause.

>

> Just some ideas

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

I am sorry that you are not feeling well, so no need to reply to this. I think that the "explanation" of the casting and why the Mehtra trained MD's are so important, is essential to the packet. You just recently sent it to someone, and even as a parent going through this I still learned something reading that. I will gladly participate in sharing our story. I think a "communal cookbook" format would be very helpful to give to new parents going through this. I think if everyone shares their own experiences with casting and care, then parents can pick and choose things that work best for them. I also think that including how old your child is during the casting period would be helpful. For example my son was 15 months old when we started so maybe a parent can flip to the section that best fits their child's age, to learn age appropriate tips. Whatever I can do to help, please just let me

know. Thanks for all that you do. ~Krista >>> From: <poulsenjosh@ aol.com>> Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] Great Stories of Success> To: infantile_scoliosis

@yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27 PM>>>>>>>>> I can understand not wanting to send Ped. docs DVDs. But I thinks these> are the best tools.> ISOP has all these great stories from parents, why not interview them? put> these stories on a> dvd, interview the main docs doing casting, discussing there experiences.>> The dvd is not going to cost to much, you can buy a hundred on line for 50> cents a dvd, all> that has to be done is burning the dvd. And with so many people buying new> computers with> dvd burners on them, maybe parents can help burn these dvds. The cost is> going to be in> producing these dvds. However, I think maybe the cost could be cut down,> by using schools> as resources. There are a lot of schools out there, high schools,> colleges, that may

be willing> to volunteer their time for a class project. This could cut down the cost.> For example Doctor> Jacques D'Astous also works for the University of Utah, maybe they would> want to help flim a> interview with him on the procedure. Many people are willing to help out> for a good cause.>> Just some ideas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would also be willing to share Noelle's story and our tips on casting.... A video or book with illustrations showing the different diapering and bathing techniques would be great. A lot of parents also ask what they should bring to the first casting and a list of some ideas and things they should have on hand for home would also be helpful, such as extra moleskin, stretchy pants, etc.... This is an excellent idea. Steph >>> From: <poulsenjosh@ aol.com>> Subject: [infantile_scoliosi s] Great Stories of Success> To: infantile_scoliosis @yahoogroups. com> Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27

PM>>>>>>>>> I can understand not wanting to send Ped. docs DVDs. But I thinks these> are the best tools.> ISOP has all these great stories from parents, why not interview them? put> these stories on a> dvd, interview the main docs doing casting, discussing there experiences.>> The dvd is not going to cost to much, you can buy a hundred on line for 50> cents a dvd, all> that has to be done is burning the dvd. And with so many people buying new> computers with> dvd burners on them, maybe parents can help burn these dvds. The cost is> going to be in> producing these dvds. However, I think maybe the cost could be cut down,> by using schools> as resources. There are a lot of schools out there, high schools,> colleges, that may be willing> to volunteer their time for a class project.

This could cut down the cost.> For example Doctor> Jacques D'Astous also works for the University of Utah, maybe they would> want to help flim a> interview with him on the procedure. Many people are willing to help out> for a good cause.>> Just some ideas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I would be willing to help in any way. Please let me know.

Barb

Mom to Evan

> >

> >

> >

> > Subject: Great Stories of Success

> > To: infantile_scoliosis

> > Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 6:27 PM

> >

> >

> >

> >